PDA

View Full Version : need a new gainer.

Hansolo261
04-14-2009, 01:04 PM
I am about to be done with my 2nd tub of true mass. I generally drink a high calorie highe protein shake for breakfast with my flax and superfoods mixed in. I need a new one. Anyone have any suggestions?

HumpStrap
04-14-2009, 01:06 PM
steak and eggs

Hansolo261
04-14-2009, 01:07 PM
I dont have time to cook in the morning.

dvsness
04-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Let me know if you want to try a sample of N-Large.

HumpStrap
04-14-2009, 01:11 PM
eat it raw
j/k

My roomate in college swore by eating raw meat every now and then. He said it gave him the "eye of the tiger"

Yeah, he was a little twisted!

Hansolo261
04-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Let me know if you want to try a sample of N-Large.

absolutly. I do. Has the formula change much in the last 5 years.

wtfmate08
04-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Real Gains Chocolate Shake = Delicious

Hansolo261
04-14-2009, 01:26 PM
oh by the way i hate chocolate.

Surive123
04-14-2009, 01:32 PM
oh by the way i hate chocolate.

Are you looking for more of a vanilla flavor then?

Banana?

Strawberry?

djwolford
04-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Well when I saw the thread title I was going to recommend True Mass. Since that's what you're trying to get away from, I'll suggest Real Gains though. That's some pretty good stuff.

steelersnation
home made gainer?

Hansolo261
strawberry. vanilla is cool.

Surive123
04-14-2009, 01:36 PM
strawberry. vanilla is cool.

The Weight Gainers I would recommend would be Real Gains and Aftershock: Critical mass (vanilla tastes more like cake batter - Amazing).

These two gainers have helped me fit my macros perfectly. I also know there are many logs/reviews depicting taste and such.

Qtr_79
04-14-2009, 01:42 PM
BSN TrueMass

dvsness
04-14-2009, 01:43 PM
absolutly. I do. Has the formula change much in the last 5 years.

Nope. Gainers, imo, should be fast carbs, fast proteins, so you're not full and can eat again soon. MRPs on the other hand should be complex and slower digesting.

I can have some Cinnamon sent out to you - PM me your full name and addy.

Hansolo261
04-14-2009, 01:50 PM
home made gainer?

I still do this from time to time.

Hansolo261
04-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Well when I saw the thread title I was going to recommend True Mass. Since that's what you're trying to get away from, I'll suggest Real Gains though. That's some pretty good stuff.

The true mass was awesome especially since I got two near expiration date containers for like 20 something bucks. Since Im going BB.com price and not GNC discount plus whatever. I want to consider a different deal.

Matrix333
04-14-2009, 02:08 PM
I really like MHP Up Your Mass. I'm trying to gain weight and with the assistance of this stuff, I have gained 14lbs in 4 weeks (4 weeks of taking the gainer; 3 weeks of my workout program).

I don't know a lot about all this stuff, but from what I read, the profile for this stuff is very good except some people don't like that much of the protein comes from soy.

J-Cubed
04-14-2009, 04:35 PM
I really like MHP Up Your Mass. I'm trying to gain weight and with the assistance of this stuff, I have gained 14lbs in 4 weeks (4 weeks of taking the gainer; 3 weeks of my workout program).

I don't know a lot about all this stuff, but from what I read, the profile for this stuff is very good except some people don't like that much of the protein comes from soy.

Lots of good reviews from Up Your Mass and I don't think by going through one tub the soy protein will effect you much. I personally prefer Cytosport Cytogainer Chocolate Mint Flavor. It tastes great and I gained 5-7 pounds pretty quick.

BigPumpinJoe
04-14-2009, 04:50 PM
I will be the first to recommend Iso Mass Gainer by Ultimate Nutrition. Strawberry tastes good. I thought it had a good profile in it and was cheap especially for the GNC price. $51 or something for nearly 60 servings! Aside from that Up Your Mass is great as well. I like the flavors. You hate chocolate so I would recommend vanilla or cinnabun. Both are great!

cyde
04-14-2009, 04:52 PM
You might as well order some Real Gains buy 2 get 1 free while the offer still lasts. I think today is the last day.... Or just get some bulk carb powder & add your favorite protein.

Bobaroo
04-14-2009, 04:53 PM
Strawberry GainMAX...do it

Hansolo261
04-14-2009, 04:59 PM
You might as well order some Real Gains buy 2 get 1 free while the offer still lasts. I think today is the last day.... Or just get some bulk carb powder & add your favorite protein.

Im going to have to wait till payday. Im just finding out what to budget in. Im probably going to spend around a hundred, Im out of my gainer and my superfood supp., plus I got to get some other goodies.

cyde
04-14-2009, 05:11 PM
Im going to have to wait till payday. Im just finding out what to budget in. Im probably going to spend around a hundred, Im out of my gainer and my superfood supp., plus I got to get some other goodies.

If you don't mind the extra work, you could buy some bulk carb powder & make your own. It only takes me a couple minutes to fill a week's worth of sandwich bags with maltodex, protein & powdered milk. Something like NOW Carbo Gain, & XF 10lb whey would be very cheap & tasty.

If you don't mind paying extra for the convenience, Real Gains & N-large are pretty good. If you're out of creatine, Cytogainer would be a good choice.

Hansolo261
04-14-2009, 05:24 PM
If you don't mind the extra work, you could buy some bulk carb powder & make your own. It only takes me a couple minutes to fill a week's worth of sandwich bags with maltodex, protein & powdered milk. Something like NOW Carbo Gain, & XF 10lb whey would be very cheap & tasty.

If you don't mind paying extra for the convenience, Real Gains & N-large are pretty good. If you're out of creatine, Cytogainer would be a good choice.

I do like n-large and real Gains. I also like you suggestion. My intial thought was to get some nitro core and make a gainer out of it. I might get me a tub of n-large or real gains. plus make my own gainer. I could use the n-large when in a big rush and make my own at times too.