PDA

View Full Version : Fasted cardio and fasted... lifting?

initialize
04-12-2009, 06:05 PM
I've been doing fasted cardio lately and so far I love it... pumps me up for the day and I haven't lost any strength from it. I was wondering if there would be a difference if I did fasted "lifting" instead. Not weightlifting, but doing bodyweight exercises like pushups and stuff?

longhorns_p
04-12-2009, 06:08 PM
I wouldn't do any body weight exercises without a little bit of protein. You could nix the carbs instead. When you do your cardio, do you take in at least 10 grams of whey or 5-10 grams of bcaa's? The whey taken before cardio has been shown to increase weight lost and spare muscle breakdown.

belairdfence99
04-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Bodyweight exercises are usually high-rep exercises and can be done almost anywhere.
In that case, if you just want to do some quick exercises you don't need any meal or anything.

dency45
04-12-2009, 09:43 PM
I've been doing fasted cardio lately and so far I love it... pumps me up for the day and I haven't lost any strength from it. I was wondering if there would be a difference if I did fasted "lifting" instead. Not weightlifting, but doing bodyweight exercises like pushups and stuff?

like this??
try this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX7pD-CeCvU