PDA

View Full Version : Protein Bar

Whopper Stopper
04-10-2009, 03:56 PM
OK. I think protein bars taste like ****. They are (to me) chalky tasting and repulsive. My GF says it's the whey in them that gives them this taste. If she is right does it mean all good for you protein powders are going to taste like ****? Thanks for any comments or input.

WS

TheUnderdog
04-10-2009, 05:03 PM
OK. I think protein bars taste like ****. They are (to me) chalky tasting and repulsive. My GF says it's the whey in them that gives them this taste. If she is right does it mean all good for you protein powders are going to taste like ****? Thanks for any comments or input.

WS

i don't think its the whey...its usually the crap they add to preserve them and make them "gooey" combined with the whey taste....

a lot of the protein powders for sale on here taste quite good....some like Xtreme Formulations even taste delicious...

initialize
04-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Supreme Nutrition bars taste EXACTLY like candy bars. It seems like that company knows what they're doing

The_Animal11
04-10-2009, 05:28 PM
youre eating the wrong protein bars

tabasco.sauce
04-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Best protein Bars IMO
-ISS OH Yeah!
-Supreme
-Meso-Tech Complete
-VPX
-Chef Jays Bars
-Atkins Advantage

...cant go wrong with any of these... and they're in order..

Parsia
04-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Best protein Bars IMO
-ISS OH Yeah!
-Supreme
-Meso-Tech Complete
-VPX
-Chef Jays Bars
-Atkins Advantage

...cant go wrong with any of these... and they're in order..

x2. and I personally would add Met-Rx Plus to that list

Sixpack
04-10-2009, 06:45 PM
None eat real food, they are all glorified candy bars

svillasenor
04-10-2009, 06:51 PM

VPx is actually a nutritionally dense bar. Only one I eat now. It gets knocked for taste but I am in it for whats in it not how its tastes. I eat for fuel not pleasure.

tabasco.sauce
04-10-2009, 07:04 PM

I think of them as purposeful molecular gastronomy..

Analyst
04-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Most I've found have less protein per calorie than milk, and far less than e.g. turkey or chicken. And most also seem to have sugar alcohols in them (e.g. maltitol) that can really mess up your digestion.

These days, I prefer alternatives :)

RandyJH
04-10-2009, 07:08 PM
VPx is actually a nutritionally dense bar. Only one I eat now. It gets knocked for taste but I am in it for whats in it not how its tastes. I eat for fuel not pleasure.

That sucks man, you should enjoy what you eat........