PDA

View Full Version : 4000 calories on a paleo diet

Shouji
04-10-2009, 12:53 PM
For the sake of my skin which does not respond well to a typical weight-lifter's diet, I need to cut out all dairy and have low carbs. I'm essentially giving up milk for good which was a huge part of my daily calories, and most fruits and carbs in general. How can I go about getting my necessary 4000 calories though to continue bulking?

IanR1205
04-10-2009, 01:02 PM
If you're giving up carbs then you've answered your own question.

The only thing left to eat is protein and fat!

Meat, fish, nuts, eggs, fish, meat, nuts, nuts, meat, eggs, meat and of course peanut butter.

caa5000
04-10-2009, 01:28 PM
ahhh, paleo diet! I'm a big fan, only diet I've ever been one where I swear I both lost and gained weight (both good kinds) at the same time, which probably isn't true, but i still liked it.

he's not giving up carbs, just processed carbs. This still leaves vegetables and fruits. While I was on this diet I ate at least 500 cals in fruits per day, tough to do. Gotta eat tons of trail mix etc. 35-40% of my diet was from mono/poly fat. meat meat meat, all kinds. I didn't restrict it to white meat, I ate red most of the time.

Think of it as: what would my paleolithic ancestors eat today?

Billbasch
04-10-2009, 01:30 PM
For the sake of my skin which does not respond well to a typical weight-lifter's diet, I need to cut out all dairy and have low carbs. I'm essentially giving up milk for good which was a huge part of my daily calories, and most fruits and carbs in general. How can I go about getting my necessary 4000 calories though to continue bulking?

thats kinda intresting...i would def try and get some milk or dairy because of the calcuim

Shouji
04-10-2009, 01:44 PM
ahhh, paleo diet! I'm a big fan, only diet I've ever been one where I swear I both lost and gained weight (both good kinds) at the same time, which probably isn't true, but i still liked it.

he's not giving up carbs, just processed carbs. This still leaves vegetables and fruits. While I was on this diet I ate at least 500 cals in fruits per day, tough to do. Gotta eat tons of trail mix etc. 35-40% of my diet was from mono/poly fat. meat meat meat, all kinds. I didn't restrict it to white meat, I ate red most of the time.

Think of it as: what would my paleolithic ancestors eat today?

Not so sure on fruits cause there are the sugars I also have to be weary about (i apologize for leaving that out). Definitely gonna have to make up for that in vegetables, lots of steamed stuff. Gonna stock up on tons of nuts as well.

thats kinda intresting...i would def try and get some milk or dairy because of the calcuim

Believe me man, I love my dairy. Most of my calories come from it, so this is going to be very very difficult for me, but i'm gonna get some calcium tablets to make up for that.