PDA

View Full Version : Critique/Add the foods on my grocery list for tomorrow!

SolidSnake84
04-10-2009, 01:26 AM
Getting back into the gym at last after 2 years off. Just ordered all my supps from bb.com and tomorrow i will be hitting up the grocery store for foods. I've compiled a list...let me know if i'm missing anything essential guys thanks!

Chicken
Lean Ground Beef
Eggs
Skim Milk
Tuna
Steak
Oatmeal
Vegetables
Fruits
Beans
Gatorade Mix (post-WO)
Brown Rice
Smuckers Natural PB
Olive Oil
Fish
Nuts (almonds, etc)
Applesauce (helps me swallow pills)
Orange Juice/other juices
Blueberries
Beef Jerky
Celery
Yogurt
Cheap Wal-Mart brand whey (to use while waiting for my shipment and between future shipments...it's like $12)

what's missing! will prob be throwing in some stuff like taco mix and maybe soft shells, and stuff like that...i already have necessary spices.

liamcarter
04-10-2009, 03:03 AM
throw in some wholegrain pasta and some sweet potatoes and that will be you done and dusted

snorkelman
04-10-2009, 04:12 AM
about the orange juice, keep in mind that fruit juices are much more calorie dense than the fruit in its natural, raw state.

An excerpt from Venuto's Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle:

"A large glass of orange juice contains 200 calories, a medium orange contains only 60. When fat loss is your goal and you're watching your calories closely, drinking a large portion of your calories is not a good idea. The whole food has more fiber, lower calorie density, and a higher thermic effect."

xlb57
04-10-2009, 05:49 AM
That list looks pretty solid. Are you a fan of cottage cheese? That could be something to add to the list. You could also get some lean ground turkey and / or bison as well. Makin' me hungry!

dentonate
04-10-2009, 05:53 AM
sweet potatoe, qunioa, cottage cheese, green vegs

maybe instead of getting beef jerkey (im assuming its a snack), buy some low sodium mixed nuts, welchs dried fruit, and some honey nut cheerioes. combine in a large canister to make a trail mix. also could add a broken up oatmeal cookie for carbs.

SolidSnake84
04-10-2009, 07:04 AM
not a fan of cottage cheese at all unfortunately. i ordered some casein protein in its place. whole grain pasta has been added to the list, as has sweet potatoes. beef jerky i just love the taste of it and is a great serving of protein/low fat...im also getting nuts, most likely almonds, and i get them with low to no sodium...might pick up the mixed kind as well.

thanks for the info snorkelman...gonna be buying the majority of my juices in the form of fruits like apples, oranges, bananas, blueberries, and so forth, but wanted to pick up 1 juice...i really like grape to be honest, but dont know if i want to add the simple sugars to the diet...i am cutting out breads by the way (even whole grain).

thanks so far everyone. anything else? im takin off in about an hour to grab lunch and then hit up the stores! might also be checking out a farmer's market...anything there of interest that i normally wouldnt find?

ducktales
04-10-2009, 07:08 AM
i don't think they "way" is any good for you, you should really get some whey.

SolidSnake84
04-10-2009, 07:10 AM
i don't think they "way" is any good for you, you should really get some whey.

:) noted (jerkhead...edits posts quickly before anyone else notices!)