PDA

View Full Version : I am 5' 10" 210 lbs mostly fat, help cut?

Dave210
04-09-2009, 05:14 PM
I would like to treat fitness more seriously now to help with feelings of depression and just a general loss of direction in life. If I am looking to eat clean and cut some fat while working out, how many calories should I be consuming? And here is what I typically aim for in a given day. How would this look?

Meal 1 6:30am: Protein Shake with Banana
Meal 2 9:30am: Half a Chicken Sandwich (deli meat chicken), lettuce, tomato, mustard. With veggies
Meal 3 12:30am: Half a Chicken Sandwich (deli meat chicken), lettuce, tomato, mustard. With fruit
Meal 4 4:00pm: Help me here? This is pre-workout and I'd like something simple as it is when I get home from work and if it takes a while to do I will not be able to lift (procrastination)
Meal 5 5:00pm: Post-workout Shake
Meal 6 9:00pm: Cottage Cheese

All meals have a cup of fat free milk with them. This plan may not be perfect and I don't expect it to be too hardcore. Meal 2 and 3 are done at work where I want to be able to eat while being productive. I have not yet calculated the calories of it all. How many calories should I aim for?

tucker3666
04-09-2009, 05:23 PM
hey what i do that may ormay not work for you, i have under 50g of carbs a day. no breads,bananas or anythng in a box. i get low carb shakes,chicken breasts,eggs and ground turkey. the carbs i get is only from plain oatmeal 2 cups a day...bland i know but it seems to be working for me. good luck

timhet
04-09-2009, 05:48 PM
I would like to treat fitness more seriously now to help with feelings of depression and just a general loss of direction in life. If I am looking to eat clean and cut some fat while working out, how many calories should I be consuming? And here is what I typically aim for in a given day. How would this look?

Meal 1 6:30am: Protein Shake with Banana
Meal 2 9:30am: Half a Chicken Sandwich (deli meat chicken), lettuce, tomato, mustard. With veggies
Meal 3 12:30am: Half a Chicken Sandwich (deli meat chicken), lettuce, tomato, mustard. With fruit
Meal 4 4:00pm: Help me here? This is pre-workout and I'd like something simple as it is when I get home from work and if it takes a while to do I will not be able to lift (procrastination)
Meal 5 5:00pm: Post-workout Shake
Meal 6 9:00pm: Cottage Cheese

All meals have a cup of fat free milk with them. This plan may not be perfect and I don't expect it to be too hardcore. Meal 2 and 3 are done at work where I want to be able to eat while being productive. I have not yet calculated the calories of it all. How many calories should I aim for?

It will be trial and error to find the right balance, but I would imagine you should eat around 2200-2300 calories a day. Also, try to get some decent protein with every meal. I'm not sure how much protein you get from half a sandwich of deli meat. Aim for say 40 grams of protein per meal.

40 grams of protein per meal x 6 meals = 240 grams of protein a day (protein has 4 calories per gram, so thats a total of 960 calories just from protein. According to that, then you still have another 1300 calories to make up with carbs and healthy fats.

Combine this with weight training and cardio.

Dave210
04-09-2009, 05:50 PM
hey what i do that may ormay not work for you, i have under 50g of carbs a day. no breads,bananas or anythng in a box. i get low carb shakes,chicken breasts,eggs and ground turkey. the carbs i get is only from plain oatmeal 2 cups a day...bland i know but it seems to be working for me. good luck

Yeah that does sound a bit bland haha. But you do give me a good idea. Perhaps I should make up some eggs for my pre-workout meal since I still don't know what to put in there and eggs are fairly simply and pretty dang essential. So turkey is pretty much as beneficial as chicken I assume from what you said? For a while I was doing chicken breasts but that got to be so dang boring. I figured I'm not training for a competition or to have the rock hardest bod out there so maybe some sammiches won't kill.

While on the subject of the sandwiches, is italian bread okay to have? Lately I've been having them on Italian rolls or subs since again I got bored of wheat bread every day. And would you reccomend making one sandwich and splitting it in half for meal 2 and 3 or one sandwich each for meal 2 and 3? I could consume probably about 1200 calories but I know that is very bad and not near enough which is why I'm thinking maybe it should be two whole sandwiches.

ThrowinWeight
04-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Add a ton of water to that.

Increases your metabolism.

Dave210
04-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Add a ton of water to that.

Increases your metabolism.

Yessir. I actually think that I need to be drinking more water throughout the day, not just while I'm working out. Does it really help increase metabolism? I'm fairly new and uneducated at this still :)