PDA

View Full Version : anybody else cry when u watch rudy? (no homo)

Horns3
04-07-2009, 06:37 PM
anybody else? it's probaably the only movie that gets to me

FLAY
04-07-2009, 06:38 PM
This and brians song.

The_Source
04-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Remember the Titans

/thread

Gmoney23
04-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Fun Fact for the day I know some of the Ruettigers.. One of Rudy's nephews was my Dean in high school.

Although most of the Ruettigers went to a rival high school of mine Joliet Catholic (same one the Rudy went to).

Hate Joliet Catholic and Notre Dame by the way..

kobrien21
04-07-2009, 06:54 PM
I cry every time

kobrien21
04-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Fun Fact for the day I know some of the Ruettigers.. One of Rudy's nephews was my Dean in high school.

Although most of the Ruettigers went to a rival high school of mine Joliet Catholic (same one the Rudy went to).

My Aunt dated the announcer of the final game in the movie.

The_Albatross
04-07-2009, 06:57 PM
I cry towards the end when they start chanting his name. Never fails.

youmad
04-07-2009, 06:57 PM

Who is JCA's rival? Everyone hates that school so it's hard to keep up.

kobrien21
04-07-2009, 06:59 PM

Why does everyone hate the school?

Oh I almost forgot, my cousin went to Holy Cross Junior College...the same junior college Rudy went to.

gogators222
04-07-2009, 06:59 PM
I want to, but can't.

gmenfan40
04-07-2009, 07:00 PM
No, but it motivates the **** out of me with my training especially that i can relate with him about the size situation.

kobrien21
04-07-2009, 07:01 PM
No, but it motivates the **** out of me with my training especially that i can relate with him about the size situation.

you're 8 lbs.

youmad
04-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Why does everyone hate the school?

Oh I almost forgot, my cousin went to Holy Cross Junior College...the same junior college Rudy went to.

A lot of the kids who go to those schools start off going to public Jr. High in the town they are from and just end up going switching to Catholic schools instead of going to the perfectly fine public High School.

A lot of people dislike the catholic schools where I am from. The Schools like Providence, JCA, are usually filled with douches to be honest.

Some people aren't even catholic and go there. It's ridiculous.

Gmoney23
04-07-2009, 07:11 PM

I went to Lockport and we whooped JCA's ass in baseball, and basketball my whole time there (class of 07). Our football team 02-05 would have raped their state title teams too but they never scheduled us. They were 6a, we were 8a.

youmad
04-07-2009, 07:13 PM
I went to Lockport and we whooped JCA's ass in baseball, and basketball my whole time there (class of 07). Our football team 02-05 would have raped their state title teams too but they never scheduled us. They were 6a, we were 8a.

LoL

So, you played with Jake Christensen? I played baseball with him growing up.( Lemont Indians & football)

Jake should have opted for baseball after losing his starting QB job @ Iowa.

Gmoney23
04-07-2009, 10:25 PM
LoL

So, you played with Jake Christensen? I played baseball with him growing up.( Lemont Indians & football)

Jake should have opted for baseball after losing his starting QB job @ Iowa.

Yeah I know Jake, hes 2 years older than me. I dont think he got a fair shake at Iowa. As a Soph he threw 16 Td's and 7 int's, with a terrible OL, 2 best WR's kicked off the team for stealing credit cards or something, and his TE was out most the season with a knee injury. Then some freshman who wasnt really that good takes his job from him as a Junior. I think that was ridiculous.

I agree he was probably even more naturally talented at baseball though.

bearfan34201
04-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Also know the Ruettigers. I know Andrew, his Father(Rudys brother) passed away I believe 2 years ago. Damn shame. I went to the benefit and Rudy was the guest speaker. Pretty cool I guess to see him there, but it was a shame Andrews dad died. The one I know is a crazy sob.. Goofy wrestlers.

Movie makes me cry everytime. I use to think in football if we had the 'training montage song' playing during practice I would probably never stop hitting or giving 100%.

Jake seemed like a cocky ignorant prick. LOL at that guy not starting.

youmad
04-08-2009, 02:49 AM
Also know the Ruettigers. I know Andrew, his Father(Rudys brother) passed away I believe 2 years ago. Damn shame. I went to the benefit and Rudy was the guest speaker. Pretty cool I guess to see him there, but it was a shame Andrews dad died. The one I know is a crazy sob.. Goofy wrestlers.

Movie makes me cry everytime. I use to think in football if we had the 'training montage song' playing during practice I would probably never stop hitting or giving 100%.

Jake seemed like a cocky ignorant prick. LOL at that guy not starting.

Yes, he is. Borderline delusional.

His father is mentally unstable. I witnessed that man threaten to "choke the **** out of" an at the time 8th grader. Cowboy boots and all.

I am 99.9% sure that Jake was kicked out of catholic jr high school for jerking off in the boys bathroom. Maybe the Lockport alum could confirm.

niospecv
04-08-2009, 07:05 AM
That movie is boring as ****. It's waaaay too long. I like the movie The Express with Ernie Davis and Jim Brown. :D

bearfan34201
04-08-2009, 12:10 PM

His father is mentally unstable. I witnessed that man threaten to "choke the **** out of" an at the time 8th grader. Cowboy boots and all.

I am 99.9% sure that Jake was kicked out of catholic jr high school for jerking off in the boys bathroom. Maybe the Lockport alum could confirm.

Shocking. Just looking at the ugly mother fuka I knew he was some cocky ignorant prick. Would like to have whooped his ass in high school. His dad sounds like a typical loser.

SweetTouch
04-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Didn't Rudy only get to play like 5 minutes in the final game of a meaningless blowout? They could've sent the janitor out there.

Blowsox13
04-08-2009, 12:17 PM
rudy was offsides

Gmoney23
04-08-2009, 12:22 PM

Ha.. I never heard that story before, but I didnt know Jake till high school. I know he used to live in Naperville or something and moved out to Lockport, around 8th grade?

youmad
04-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Ha.. I never heard that story before, but I didnt know Jake till high school. I know he used to live in Naperville or something and moved out to Lockport, around 8th grade?

His mom lived in Lemont and he went to catholic school in Lemont. I am assuming his dad lived in Lockport and that is how he ended up going to Lockport.

It's possible his mom moved to Lockport though. I am not sure of the full story.

Yes, that is a true story about him getting booted from Catholic school.

Blindead
04-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Remember the Titans

/thread

ZG9eI2scSuc

sorry, couldn't resist.

The_Source
04-08-2009, 12:50 PM
ZG9eI2scSuc

sorry, couldn't resist.

lol Ive seen that in the IFBB section. LIGHT WEIGHT BABY OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!