PDA

View Full Version : 100 Days To Masters Nationals

oldsuperman
04-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Well kids.... It's 100 days to Masters Nationals in beautiful Station Square Pittsburgh PA. Can't believe the time is going by so quick! I'm up 10 lbs in mass from last year same time and was 7.7% BF as of 2 weeks ago. My coach Sean Calder, says I can put on two more lbs in this 10 week program I'm on now. I will drop at least 5 lbs of mass by show time, mostly water as it measures as mass when hydro tested, and we hope to weight in about 215 or more in the heavy class.

Last year after I did the Oregon State BBing Championships, I went through a second depletion for Masters Nats 6 day later. My body over depleted the second time. We had a hard time getting my body to fill up to its potential.

I ate two packs of sugar Carmel rice cakes with one honey bear, and a jar of peanut butter. Then downed a 10 ounce pack of M&M's, a giant Cadbury caramel candy bar, and 2 packs of Skittles. I ate that all about 2 hours to an hour before finals! :eek: Still didn't fill up to what I needed, yet I was close!

This year, now that we know what to expect, we will carb up sooner so we won't be stuffing me full of sugar at the last minute!

So far, Bill, (Baldie) Mike, (Namtrag) Allen (Asmolenski) are going for sure to watch. I know that several other guys from the forum are going to compete and one considering to. Last year we had a record breaking entry of 315 competitors. Collegiate Nationals is the same show as well. It's a great show! LONNNNNNNNGGGGG one too! The link is below if you want to look at the web site.

http://www.garyudit.com/npc_main.html

Bando
04-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Wow time flies, I remember when you were getting ready last year, doesn't seem that long ago. I'm sure you'll be prime and looking like a 1st place finisher when you walk on stage this year.

oldsuperman
04-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Wow time flies, I remember when you were getting ready last year, doesn't seem that long ago. I'm sure you'll be prime and looking like a 1st place finisher when you walk on stage this year.

It's funny how insecure you can get in this sport! If it wasn't for my trainer Brandon, and Coach Sean, I would get really discouraged. I know the stats are in my favor this year, yet when I look in the mirror, it is hard to see past the faults! Mostly, I feel small. Makes no sense, I know, yet it gets harder and tougher the closer you get to comp time. I'm not afraid at all. Just, well it's hard to explain.

Bando
04-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Those are good guys and good at what they do, you've got a good team there. Sounds like you'll be sporting almost 10 lbs of fresh muscle over last year's event, that's gonna be impressive.

rpaul11
04-07-2009, 08:21 PM
I was really hoping to make it over as it is Literally 20 minutes from my home...but I will be out of town that weekend :(

Sorry i'll have to miss you but I'm sure you'll be fine without :D

oldsuperman
04-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Here is a Pic of one of my best bbing buds from last yrs Masters Nats. He won the light weight class and missed his pro card by a smidgen! He is 10 years older then me and picked up bbing 5 years ago! Had a quadruple by pass and decided to get into shape!! LOL! Now look!!

He's gonna be there this year to get that Pro card!!

Baldiewonkanobi
04-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Yup....my tickets are right here next to the puter. I arrive at 3pm Friday in Pitt. I would guess that the Over 40s go on first then you in the Over 50s. About 6pm I'd guess. Plenty of time to get there. I have to return first thing the next morning not to miss a family event that Sunday. Now thats some 4500 miles in less that 24 hours...if you don't kick some royal ass up there...I know where you live.

ironwill2008
04-07-2009, 09:16 PM
Wow; 10 pounds in a year, over what you're already carrying, is excellent, Supe.

Your friend (65!) looks great!

Although I know "luck" has nothing to do with it, I'll still say good luck to you!:)

oldsuperman
04-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Yup....my tickets are right here next to the puter. if you don't kick some royal ass up there...I know where you live.
:eek:

YES SIR!!! I plan on it!

oldsuperman
04-07-2009, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=Baldiewonkanobi;313388671]Yup....my tickets are right here next to the puter. I arrive at 3pm Friday in Pitt. I would guess that the Over 40s go on first then you in the Over 50s. About 6pm I'd guess. QUOTE]

Pre Judging starts at 5 PM. For the life of me, I can't remember who went first. They have Teens and Collegiate too. I think they go first and then I think the 70, 60, 50, then 40 year olds. Not tooo sure...

I know a few years ago they started with the 40 year olds and peep complained that the younger guys should stay up late! LOL

ntrllftr
04-08-2009, 03:34 AM
Pre Judging starts at 5 PM. For the life of me, I can't remember who went first. They have Teens and Collegiate too. I think they go first and then I think the 70, 60, 50, then 40 year olds. Not tooo sure...

I know a few years ago they started with the 40 year olds and peep complained that the younger guys should stay up late! LOL

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

All events take place within the confines of the Sheraton Hotel.

Thursday, July 16 Optional Early Weigh-In/Check-In 5:00 - 7:00 pm
All competitors

Friday, July 17 Late Weigh-In/Check-In 9:00 ? 11:00 am
All competitors

Friday, July 17 Mandatory Meeting 3:30 pm Ballroom
Masters Men
All Bikini competitors

Friday, July 17 Prejudging 5:00 pm Ballroom
Masters Men
Bikini

Saturday, July 18 Mandatory Meeting 7:30 am Ballroom
Masters Women Bodybuilders
Teen and Collegiate Bodybuilders
All Figure competitors
Teen Fitness (16-19 yr olds only)
Collegiate Fitness (To 25 yr olds)

Saturday, July 18 Prejudging 9:00 am Ballroom
Masters Women Bodybuilders
Teen and Collegiate Bodybuilders
All Figure
Teen Fitness 2-pc suit (17-19 yr olds)
Collegiate Fitness 2-pc suit

Saturday, July 18 Late Check-In 11:00 am - Noon
Teen Fitness (8-15 yrs only) Pointview Room

Saturday, July 18 Mandatory Meeting Noon - Pointview Room
All Teen/Collegiate Fitness competitors

Saturday, July 18 Fitness Prejudging and Finals 1:00 pm Ballroom
Teen/Collegiate Fitness Routines
Teen/Collegiate Fitness Awards

Saturday, July 18 Finals 5:00 pm Ballroom
Bodybuilding, Figure and Bikini

blkbelt42
04-08-2009, 03:40 AM
Here is a Pic of one of my best bbing buds from last yrs Masters Nats. He won the light weight class and missed his pro card by a smidgen! He is 10 years older then me and picked up bbing 5 years ago! Had a quadruple by pass and decided to get into shape!! LOL! Now look!!

He's gonna be there this year to get that Pro card!!
You both look amazing!! Good luck with
the show.

BuckSpin
04-08-2009, 05:27 AM
I am really gonna try to get back "home" to Western PA and catch this. WHEN you win your card I am "off the wagon" with you post show to celebrate. Bring on the Primanti Bros!!!

ctgblue
04-08-2009, 06:13 AM
can't be done, haven't you been reading, your too old, you can't grow after 30, are you crazy... Let's hope so, go get'em ...

GnomusMaximus
04-08-2009, 06:35 AM
Wow you guys will be right in my old stomping grounds. I grew up a few miles from Station Square and used to hang out there a lot.

I'd love to come home to cheer for you guys but I will be in Scotland for my sports Masters Worlds. I'm in that prep phase as well, except my guess is mine is a lot easier. I'm sore as hell but just ate an egg breakfast sandwich and will probably have a steak sandwich tonight....sorry to tease.

stayfit2008
04-08-2009, 06:39 AM
This is in Pittsburgh?!?,...Oh I'm definitely going to be there! just an hour or so from my house!

Capt_Lou
04-08-2009, 06:39 AM
Good luck Sup!

I can't make it, but will be following your progress.

ExCompetitor
04-08-2009, 07:51 AM
I`m sure you will do great this year Sup.I may try to make it there this year as i`m just across the border from Buffalo,not too far away.Hey,the next time you need to fill out there is only one word you need to know...SMUCKERS !

Zingaritano
04-08-2009, 08:20 AM
Best wishes!

dmangiarelli
04-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Good luck Ed! Kick some serious ass!

EBA84
04-08-2009, 09:57 AM

Last year the over 40s were first then the 50s, 60s 70s for the Friday night prejudging. The prejudging for everyone else was Saturday morning. The order is reversed for the finals Saturday night. I imagine it will be the same this year as it has been like this for the last two or three years.