PDA

View Full Version : Lakers = 2009 Western Conference Champions

Lloyd Braun
04-07-2009, 11:09 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4049775

Huge.

The only team really a threat to the Lakers out West was a healthy Spurs team. It's a lock.

fivas15
04-07-2009, 11:11 AM
The Spurs were never a threat to the Lakers.

Lloyd Braun
04-07-2009, 11:12 AM
The Spurs were never a threat to the Lakers.

With a healthy Manu, Parker and TD?

You crazy.

fivas15
04-07-2009, 11:13 AM
With a healthy Manu, Parker and TD?

You crazy.

Nope.

KingCanuck
04-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Lakers.......2009 World Champions....

Lloyd Braun
04-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Lakers.......2009 World Champions....

Definitely the favorites.

I think KG's injury is a bit worse than Ainge is letting on. He was "supposed" to come back a good 3 weeks ago.

fivas15
04-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Their definitely the favorites.

No, the Cavs are world champs.

Lloyd Braun
04-07-2009, 11:19 AM
No, the Cavs are world champs.

Being a Cavs fan, I would still say the Lakers are a slightly better team.

SweetTouch
04-07-2009, 11:21 AM
With the economy in shambles, David $tern can't afford any team to come out of the west besides the Lakers.

Take it to the bank.

GPx
04-07-2009, 11:21 AM
The Lakers are more worried about the East.

gswarrior510
04-07-2009, 11:24 AM
You never know..I only see 2 threats all the way..Denver and Celtics.

Huse
Definitely the favorites.

I think KG's injury is a bit worse than Ainge is letting on. He was "supposed" to come back a good 3 weeks ago.

You're right, I always feel like those injuries which happen without contact are the worst, which is what happened to his knee. But we'll see, as a C's fan I'm optimistic, he should be back before playoffs as will Leon Powe. I'm more concerned about Rondo's sprained ankle then KG's injury cause the team can win without KG, I don't think they can win without Rondo. The game against the Cavs isn't going to be as huge as it would have been with KG there but it should be interesting assuming it's not a rape-fest

JBDW
The Lakers are more worried about the East.

x2 on this. Considering that they are on course to cede home court to the Cavs (best home record in NBA) and have been swept by Orlando, I think the Lakers will probably worry about the East more than anything. I'm not sure how they'll match up with the Celtics this season, so I'm reserving comment.

Lloyd Braun
04-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Phoenix Suns 2009 World Champions

Nowitzki says the hell with the US and that douche-bag Marc Cuban, I'm heading back to Germany. Mavs fall apart, Suns get to 8th seed.

An invigorated Shaq leads the Suns to a Game 7 in LA, where he proceeds to make the game-winning dunk with 0.9 seconds left as the board shatters and cuts Kobe into a million pieces. All that remains are the tattered, bloodied jerseys of what was once known as "KB24" (RIP). LA fans mourn for 24 seconds in honor of the Great One and then return to their hectic celebrity centered lives.

Suns sweep Houston in 2nd round as Steve Nash crosses Yao in the opening seconds of Game 1, literally causing Yao's right ankle to splinter into a dozen pieces. Artest goes livid, runs into the stands where he is promptly gunned down by Houston security. T-Mac travels to the top of the Toyota Center and jumps to his death.

Suns defeat Nuggets 4-2 in the Western Conference Finals as J.R. Smith pretends he's the next Kobe, and goes 23-542 over the course of the series.

Boston comes out of the East. $tern would have it no other way. Ratings through the roof. Catfish has a huge Game 6 taking it back to Boston for Game 7. Jesus Shuttlesworth finds religion. Steve Nash makes game-winning off-balance three with 4 seconds left. In epic twist of irony, Catfish is called for a "crab dribble" in the closing seconds and Phoenix becomes World Champions.

Matt Barnes named Finals MVP.

SweetTouch
04-07-2009, 11:36 AM
$tern would have it no other way. Ratings through the roof. Catfish has a huge Game 6 taking it back to Boston for Game 7. Jesus Shuttlesworth finds religion. Steve Nash makes game-winning off-balance three with 4 seconds left. In epic twist of irony, Catfish is called for a "crab dribble" in the closing seconds and Phoenix becomes World Champions.

Lulz...$tern is good, but he's not this good.

I like that script, though. The NBA will probably be contacting you soon about a job opportunity.

ilikebeer
04-07-2009, 12:44 PM
ginobli out for the season

Propulsion
04-07-2009, 12:48 PM
The toughest team the Lakers will face will be the Jazz in the West.

how2quitdrinkin
04-07-2009, 01:11 PM
ginobli out for the season

are you serious? Damn, I was hoping theyd make another run.

I dont think Laker fans should overlook Boston, Cleveland or Utah. La surely isnt. These teams can send Kobe and Co. fishing in a heartbeat.

GTfreak
04-07-2009, 01:21 PM
i have a feeling that the nuggets can give them a run for their money this post season

Scorpion613
04-07-2009, 02:06 PM
The Jazz and Nuggets are the only "slight" threats to the lakers. The Spurs don't have Manu for the rest of the season. So they're done.

nickrut
04-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Yep pretty much.

Healthy spurs woulda been the only contender to the title IMO...

bOOgie CurlZ
04-07-2009, 02:34 PM
no rox fan but this **** is funny as hell

http://i43.tinypic.com/2hnoz1e.gif

lakers 2009 champs

DDOG330
04-07-2009, 02:37 PM
LA vs Boston...Again!! Boston in 7

howardd
04-07-2009, 03:40 PM
The toughest team the Lakers will face will be the Jazz in the West.

the jazz are like 1-16 against teams above 500

94beast
04-07-2009, 04:00 PM
You guys are kind of bandwagoning...
I mean 19 and 12 steaks are incredible. With an unhealthy KG(Just to have KG) didn't they go like 6-1. They gave KG rest, he's out to impress. You couldn't have said the Celtics couldn't have had their way with the Lakers in at least one of the two games they played. They aren't gonna show the Lakers anything until the finals.

ilikebeer
04-10-2009, 02:33 AM
if celts dont have garnett healthy they wont make it passed the 2nd round

94beast
04-10-2009, 07:51 AM
if celts dont have garnett healthy they wont make it passed the 2nd round

Picking favorites rite now they face the Heat? I think.

FLAY
04-10-2009, 08:20 AM
serenity now and insanity later.

why so ez?
04-10-2009, 08:33 AM
You guys are kind of bandwagoning...
I mean 19 and 12 steaks are incredible. With an unhealthy KG(Just to have KG) didn't they go like 6-1. They gave KG rest, he's out to impress. You couldn't have said the Celtics couldn't have had their way with the Lakers in at least one of the two games they played. They aren't gonna show the Lakers anything until the finals.

Picking favorites rite now they face the Heat? I think.

your mastery of the english language is incredible. go back to school no one can understand what you are saying.

unauthorized
04-10-2009, 09:43 AM
It seems some of you forget that the Playoffs is a whole different ballgame vs the regular season. The NBA doesnt start till the playoffs. What you do in the regular season don't mean jack ****. All you have to do is place in the top 8 in either the East or West

The playoffs separate the men from the boys

It looks like the lakers will play the Jazz. That can easily go 7.
The biggest threat to the lakers are the Spurs - Ginobli which sucks big time for them. The acquisition of D.Gooden is big for the Spurs.

There are regular season teams and playoff teams
The only 2 legit playoff teams in the West are the Spurs and the Lakers. I could say Houston, but without T-Mac, they will be hurting

how2quitdrinkin
04-10-2009, 09:57 AM
It seems some of you forget that the Playoffs is a whole different ballgame vs the regular season. The NBA doesnt start till the playoffs. What you do in the regular season don't mean jack ****. All you have to do is place in the top 8 in either the East or West

The playoffs separate the men from the boys

It looks like the lakers will play the Jazz. That can easily go 7.
The biggest threat to the lakers are the Spurs - Ginobli which sucks big time for them. The acquisition of D.Gooden is big for the Spurs.

There are regular season teams and playoff teams
The only 2 legit playoff teams in the West are the Spurs and the Lakers. I could say Houston, but without T-Mac, they will be hurting

No Ginobli=No chance.

You all see how good Bynum looked last night? I know some of you are scurred. I would be.

fivas15
04-10-2009, 10:01 AM
No Ginobli=No chance.

You all see how good Bynum looked last night? I know some of you are scurred. I would be.
Bynum was playing against the soft Denver Nuggets. He's going to hurt his knee again.