PDA

View Full Version : Weights Progression

taryn1210
04-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Went into my 1sat day for the new week working on chest and triceps

i could not lift as much as i did last week- can this happen from time to time ?

fishscale4sale
04-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Are you still a little sore from your last workout? Did you get a good meal in you an hour or so before working out? Did you get enough sleep the night before? Maybe you're getting sick with the flu or something? All of these can have an effect on your weight-lifting progression.

taryn1210
04-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Are you still a little sore from your last workout? Did you get a good meal in you an hour or so before working out? Did you get enough sleep the night before? Maybe you're getting sick with the flu or something? All of these can have an effect on your weight-lifting progression.

i feel fine, i didnt have as many carbs as usual- what i done this time was instead of jumping up 2.5kgs per set i only went up 1kg but managed slightly more reps

im sure ill be ok next week but i didnt have the burst of energy feeling and determination i normaly have

fishscale4sale
04-06-2009, 01:48 PM
im sure ill be ok next week but i didnt have the burst of energy feeling and determination i normaly have

I have days like this too, everyone does. Also, I try to drink some black coffee before working out if I don't feel like I have enough energy..

taryn1210
04-06-2009, 01:49 PM
I have days like this too, everyone does. Also, I try to drink some black coffee before working out if I don't feel like I have enough energy..

thanks for that tip- is green tea good aswell ?

fishscale4sale
04-06-2009, 04:02 PM
thanks for that tip- is green tea good aswell ?

I believe green tea does have some caffeine in it, but not as much as a cup of coffee.. Green tea is better than coffee for you though, as it promotes fat loss.

rockdawg21
04-06-2009, 04:10 PM
It happens from time to time. You'd be surprised how much a difference a positive attitude and really believing you can do more weight/reps this week will help.

Also, for many people, if you've been doing the same routine for several weeks, it might be time to change the routine for 2-3 weeks, then go back to what you were doing.