PDA

View Full Version : When/How Many Times/How do you eat your oats?

thawkk
04-04-2009, 04:08 PM
How, what times of the day, and how many times a day do you eat your oats? :)

dimasso69
04-04-2009, 04:10 PM
4o clock--Preworkout meal never at breakfast idk why lol
usually once a day
1c oats with choc whey PB raisans and almonds mixed in mmmm very good :)

Chris_co
04-04-2009, 04:11 PM
I have oats just whenever I'm craving them, which happens to be only once a week. I usually add milk or water, cinnamon and some peanut butter. Sometimes I make cookies or pancakes with them.

krazobb
04-04-2009, 04:38 PM
How, what times of the day, and how many times a day do you eat your oats? :)
Twice a day here, breakfast and post workout

wave_length
04-04-2009, 04:39 PM
never

Pumpv
04-04-2009, 05:18 PM
In 2001 I ran blood work on every single one of my clients using six different labs. Oatmeal always came out as the most frequent food allergen. It can raise cortisol and lead to the storage of fat in the abdominal area.

I'm anti-oatmeal, especially for Caucasians. Quinoa may be a better choice.

dimasso69
04-04-2009, 05:23 PM

what..why ESPECIALLY white people?

Pumpv
04-04-2009, 05:32 PM
what..why ESPECIALLY white people?

Asians are part of the 25% of the world population that are carbohydrate adapted. Provided they're plain carbs, they can eat them and still remain lean.

Asians can tolerate carbs more because their culture has had agriculture longer than other cultures; they're adapted. (On that same note, perhaps soy is bad for Caucasians but not so bad for Asians. Think about it.) But, most Asians can't tolerate diary. It just hasn't been around long in their diets.

Second, you're not Asian, and oatmeal is the most common food allergen. It comes from the grass family after all.

BUFFAMIGO
04-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Hi-

I Eat 1 Cup Dry At 6am--7 Days A Week--obviously Cooked-lol--microwave 2 Minutes On High Does It!!

thebasil
04-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Asians are part of the 25% of the world population that are carbohydrate adapted. Provided they're plain carbs, they can eat them and still remain lean.

Asians can tolerate carbs more because their culture has had agriculture longer than other cultures; they're adapted. (On that same note, perhaps soy is bad for Caucasians but not so bad for Asians. Think about it.) But, most Asians can't tolerate diary. It just hasn't been around long in their diets.

Second, you're not Asian, and oatmeal is the most common food allergen. It comes from the grass family after all.

you should compile a list of what to eat depending on background...caucasian, middleeastern, asian, etc.

but still...energy balance > that idea

GoogleFreak
04-04-2009, 05:40 PM
I rarely eat oats since I'm allergic to them.

Pumpv
04-04-2009, 05:40 PM
you should compile a list of what to eat depending on background...caucasian, middleeastern, asian, etc.

but still...energy balance > that idea

the most simple field test for carb tolerance is eating carbs for breakfast. You wake and you rate yourself on a scale from one to ten for energy, ten meaning very good, one meaning you feel like ****. Then have a high carb breakfast, say pancakes and maple syrup. An hour later, if you feel sleepy and want a nap, then carbs aren't for you. If you feel more energetic and ready to climb walls, then carbs are for you, you lucky bastard.

One thing people have to distinguish between is neo-carbs vs. paleo-carbs. With paleo carbs the simple rule is: Were they available to a caveman? Would he have access to grapes and raspberries? Yes. Bagels and pasta? No.

So when I talk about people adapting to carbs, I'm talking about neo-carbs. If they've adapted to pasta then they can eat it and feel great. They can eat any source of carbs.

thawkk
04-04-2009, 06:09 PM
the most simple field test for carb tolerance is eating carbs for breakfast. You wake and you rate yourself on a scale from one to ten for energy, ten meaning very good, one meaning you feel like ****. Then have a high carb breakfast, say pancakes and maple syrup. An hour later, if you feel sleepy and want a nap, then carbs aren't for you. If you feel more energetic and ready to climb walls, then carbs are for you, you lucky bastard.

One thing people have to distinguish between is neo-carbs vs. paleo-carbs. With paleo carbs the simple rule is: Were they available to a caveman? Would he have access to grapes and raspberries? Yes. Bagels and pasta? No.

So when I talk about people adapting to carbs, I'm talking about neo-carbs. If they've adapted to pasta then they can eat it and feel great. They can eat any source of carbs.

Hmm, I'm going to give that a test tomorrow. I never payed much attention to how I feel an hour later, or never really took note of it depending on what source of food I just had.

dimasso69
04-04-2009, 06:15 PM

But if i eat a calorie deflict and eat carbs i wont get fat
if i eat a maitinence of calories and have alot of carbs moderate proteins i wont get fat
if i eat an excess of calories and alot of carbs and moderate proteins ill gain more muscle than fat..

like asians white or black people can eat carbs just fine..idk why ud think this because carbs are not the reason people get fat...an uncontrolled calorie excess is

SDC77
04-04-2009, 06:48 PM
never

Blasphemer!

Elmy
04-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Winner!

Fixed. ;)

Billbasch
04-04-2009, 08:01 PM
breakfast...one cup mixed with whey protein and topped with cinnimon and syrup = ]

bradicallyman
04-04-2009, 08:10 PM
3 cups a day

1 for breakfast

1 for post workout shake

1 for a quick homemade weight gainer shake during my break at work

P11
04-04-2009, 08:43 PM
2 cups at 10:00 AM every morning with my scrambled eggs and whey shake. It's the hardest part of my day.

ORganiX
04-04-2009, 08:44 PM
I only eat 1/4 cup of steel cut. I add it on my whey protein. the taste is amazingly.

ORganiX
04-04-2009, 08:45 PM
2 cups at 10:00 AM every morning with my scrambled eggs and whey shake. It's the hardest part of my day.

2 cups???? Wow , that's alot

Chris_co
04-04-2009, 08:50 PM

The hardest part of your day is eating oatmeal? I want your life.

jvaughan08
04-04-2009, 08:52 PM
In 2001 I ran blood work on every single one of my clients using six different labs. Oatmeal always came out as the most frequent food allergen. It can raise cortisol and lead to the storage of fat in the abdominal area.

Everything I have read about oatmeal says the opposite. I thought it helped keep blood sugar levels slow.....and since it absorbed so slowly it prevents your body from storing fat

Austin-RS
04-04-2009, 09:40 PM
a great way to consume oats, is to grind up the rolled kind (organic preferred) in a food processor and add them to a shake.

I have this every morning, oats, whey, banana and PB with flax oil. its delicious

Simmo0508
04-04-2009, 09:43 PM
About 2-3 cups a day, depending. I do carb cycling so it varies.

Usually meal 1, one of my morning meals, and pre-workout. But always for meal 1. I use them with egg whites for my protein pancakes.

How do i eat it? I chuck hot water into a bowl full of the oats, or just use cold water. I'm never bothered these days to cook it in a pot on the stove. Takes too long and gets too thick when eating it :P

CaliforniaKing
04-04-2009, 10:06 PM
I eat it every morning for breakfast...favorite meal of the day. It's sort of ironic since I actually made a post about 2 months ago and said that oatmeal tastes like sh*t and said I felt like throwing up or something...and now, it's one of my favorite foods, haha! I guess I was just preparing them wrong or something.

EDIT: HAHAHA, got a little curious and I found the post:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=276097341&postcount=19
UNBELIEVABLE!