PDA

View Full Version : proscribed a liquid diet - need help finding good carb sources

NewWorldMan
03-31-2009, 06:55 PM
I have an esophageal tear and am required to be on a liquid diet for at least a week (most likely 10 days).

I am looking for help to find ways (supplements if needed) to get good carbs into my system. I can do V-8 juices, powdered Gatorade, but these are all simple sugars. I can drink milk, but am looking for a way to get more complex carb types via a liquid diet.

Thanks-in-advance!

Ruz4life
03-31-2009, 06:58 PM
You're best bet may be to grind oatmeal into a powder and blend it in with your protein shakes. You can easily add alot of carbs by downing a few of these a day. I also know that optimum nutrition makes an oats and whey powder that you might try.I have not tried it personally but its an idea. Good luck man!

NewWorldMan
03-31-2009, 07:15 PM
You're best bet may be to grind oatmeal into a powder and blend it in with your protein shakes. You can easily add alot of carbs by downing a few of these a day. I also know that optimum nutrition makes an oats and whey powder that you might try.I have not tried it personally but its an idea. Good luck man!
Thanks Ruz!

I've tried blending instant oats before but not been able to get them all the way to powder consistency. I may look into the ON Oats and Whey. I like their whey products.