PDA

View Full Version : Help me fix my diet please?

Ripped Mass
03-31-2009, 04:55 PM
Well i have been back in the gym hard for 2 months now and eating healthier. her is some background

Background
Bodytype: ectomorph
weight: 165 ish
Hard gainer
- Some small love handles and little fat over the lower ab area
*picky eater
-hates veggies, fish
-likes chicken breast, beef, brown rice, oatmeal, cottage, honey wheat bread, natty peanut butter
Workout 3 times a week about to increase to 4
NOT A LOT OF MONEY- College
Goals
My goals are to loose the little fat over the stomach to really define my abs for summer and clean bulk. i just want to keep the body fat low and slowly add as much muscle as possible while doing so.

sample diet
Morning - Cereal/gatorade/vitamins

Snack- pb/wheat bread

lunch- chicken breast wheat bread or rice/flaxseed oil

snack or protein shake

dinner - chicken breast rice/flaxseed oil

snack or protein shake/vitamins

Can someone give me advice? keep in mind im poor and picky. by cutting out soda of my life completely and reducing fast food drastically most of my stomach fat is gone but the lower ab area is a bitch. and im still looking to add muscle consistently to the rest of my body. please help and critique?

Ripped Mass
03-31-2009, 05:29 PM
im thinking about upping the protein intake.

question should i stick with this kind of diet for a while or switch to a keto to get the stomach area right?

belairdfence99
03-31-2009, 06:10 PM
Cheap things you are not eating:
Nuts in Bulk
Eggs
Beef
Pasta
Frozen Veggies
Olive Oil
Tuna

Ripped Mass
03-31-2009, 06:39 PM
thanks but could i get more info on how i should structure my diet and amounts of food.

also how should i prepare the frozen veggies?

Theenforcer1
03-31-2009, 06:42 PM
your not a hard gainer, your just not eating anything

I dont see any fats, and hardly any carbs...

Eat more...double everything

Ripped Mass
03-31-2009, 06:57 PM
your not a hard gainer, your just not eating anything

I dont see any fats, and hardly any carbs...

Eat more...double everything

is there any plan or logic to this though? like i said quickly bulking up is not my concern right now. i will save that for fall. im more concerned about clean bulking. i will add more carbs but how much is the question?

and as for fats, good source. i could always add tub margarine to the rice for flavor but thats all saturated fats.

Krieger119
03-31-2009, 07:22 PM
sample diet
Morning - Cereal/gatorade/vitamins

Snack- pb/wheat bread

lunch- chicken breast wheat bread or rice/flaxseed oil

snack or protein shake

dinner - chicken breast rice/flaxseed oil

snack or protein shake/vitamins

I'm no nutritionist but heres my 2 cents. Going by your sample diet, I would definitely listen to the above poster and double everything. I mean Morning for example ... what cereal you eating? Is it frosted? Most likely you'll probably have to scrapit and replace it with egg whites and oatmeal.
Snack ... I guess thats ok. I'd personally would go for a handful of almonds.
lunch seems ok to me. Basically, I'd go with the basic ratio of Protein:Carbs:Fat which is I believe 40/30/30 ... based off like 200g of protein. Like I said I'm no nutritionist but this is more or less what I do and I made a nice lil' change with that. Whats your workout and cardio like?

Ripped Mass
03-31-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm no nutritionist but heres my 2 cents. Going by your sample diet, I would definitely listen to the above poster and double everything. I mean Morning for example ... what cereal you eating? Is it frosted? Most likely you'll probably have to scrapit and replace it with egg whites and oatmeal.
Snack ... I guess thats ok. I'd personally would go for a handful of almonds.
lunch seems ok to me. Basically, I'd go with the basic ratio of Protein:Carbs:Fat which is I believe 40/30/30 ... based off like 200g of protein. Like I said I'm no nutritionist but this is more or less what I do and I made a nice lil' change with that. Whats your workout and cardio like?
right now its a push pull split with a separate day dedicated to legs. i don't do too much cardio ass im not trying burn excess calories but i might do low intensity cardio to focus more on fat burn only.

Krieger119
03-31-2009, 08:00 PM
Well, like I said, I don't think you eat enough. I just think maybe upping the intake and let the cardio do its thing. Maybe change it up with some HIIT once in a while as well. See how that works for you.

Ripped Mass
03-31-2009, 08:21 PM
Well, like I said, I don't think you eat enough. I just think maybe upping the intake and let the cardio do its thing. Maybe change it up with some HIIT once in a while as well. See how that works for you.

thanks. i will take what you said into consideration

Krieger119
03-31-2009, 08:24 PM
Good luck man ... hope you hit your goals.

Ripped Mass
03-31-2009, 08:36 PM
Good luck man ... hope you hit your goals.

thanks