PDA

View Full Version : Juicing??

Deputy_Diesel
03-30-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm curious if anyone has tried juicing. Not steroid juicing but using a juicer to get in fruits and veggies. I'm not a huge fan of either but I'm thinking that if I get them through a juice I could get in more nutrients than eating them since I cant remember the last time I had an apple or banana. Any thoughts??

CPX
03-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Fresh juice is very invigorating & I'm assuming healthy but since I don't have "scientific research" I won't claim that on here.

I'd suggest going to a juice bar, health cafe or smoothie shop & just buying fresh juice before going out & getting a juicer. It's way cheaper. I'd do it until you also decide that juicing is part of your daily routine.

MrHardness
03-30-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm curious if anyone has tried juicing. Not steroid juicing but using a juicer to get in fruits and veggies. I'm not a huge fan of either but I'm thinking that if I get them through a juice I could get in more nutrients than eating them since I cant remember the last time I had an apple or banana. Any thoughts??

Juicing is good but your throwing away the fiber after juicing.

DeltaGBear
03-30-2009, 06:38 PM
I just bought a juice machine and i love it! I have been doing a lot of research on the benefits of juicing and there is a lot! There seems to be some controversy over the fiber issue. To be safe dont count on the juice for fiber, find another route to make sure your getting your daily fiber.

Teej209
03-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Juicing is good but your throwing away the fiber after juicing.

doesnt the fiber get juiced and consumed too?

titdoctor
03-30-2009, 07:13 PM
I juice EVERY MORNING. My benefits? Clearer skin, brighter eyes and more energy. Usually I will juice

Small carrot, aspargus, celery, brocolli, kale, parsley(VERY good). I'll juice anything really except for fruits, they make you fat. I will have 6-8 ounces of fresh juice with 3-4 whole raw eggs. You can even add some of the fiber back to juice. I think it has more of a benefit for skin, bodily functions and beauty than "muscle building".

GoogleFreak
03-30-2009, 07:15 PM
I suggest you save the pulp and cook with it. When you drink fresh juices avoid eating or drinking anything else for at least 30 minutes.

l.lai
03-30-2009, 07:33 PM
I suggest you save the pulp and cook with it. When you drink fresh juices avoid eating or drinking anything else for at least 30 minutes.

why?

Tito8907
03-30-2009, 11:06 PM
I have a juicer and it makes really great tasting juice, my favorite is carrots with a bit of orange. Its a pain in the ass to clean up though, because it leaves all the pulp and gunk behind, but sometimes when you have time in the morning, its pretty awesome.

GoogleFreak
03-31-2009, 12:18 AM
why?
Because the pulp has the fiber and it still has nutrients left. Why throw it all away?

Deputy_Diesel
03-31-2009, 09:14 AM
I think he meant why avoid eating or drinking anything for 30 minutes. I was thinking this would be a great way to get slow burning carbs from veggies. Because I could mix carrots and broccoli or whatever then throw in some orange or apple juice to help mask the taste

Joe Go
03-31-2009, 09:27 AM
Juicing has its benefits if you are not able to eat the food, but I lean on the side of eating before juicing. Eating slows down the process so the body has more time to absorb the nutrients. Plus, eating helps curb cravings. But, you have to know where you are at mentally. If you are not there mentally to eat everything then juice, but make an effort to start eating all your food. Don't fall into the trap of juicing because its fast and convenient. In short, don't let it make you lazy. You have teeth for a reason.

sunngodd
03-31-2009, 10:06 AM
I'll juice anything really except for fruits, they make you fat.

http://www.youdontsay.org/Monkey.jpg