PDA

View Full Version : breakfast when cutting

Seijuro
03-30-2009, 06:58 AM
I'm starting my new cutting diet. Is there anything wrong with what I'm eating in the morning. I drink my protein shake with water and 30mins later have the eggs and cereal with milk.

I'm thinking it might be too much and maybe I'll cut out the protein shake.

Here's a picture of exactly what I'm eating.
Stats:
5'8
158lbs
14-16% BF?

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5254/breakfastb.jpg (http://img406.imageshack.us/my.php?image=breakfastb.jpg)

gixxer0.6g
03-30-2009, 07:04 AM
I'd ditch the granola and shake and just add a few more eggs. For me, cutting is all about reducing calories while maint. protein levels. I see granola and it just looks like a waste of calories for only 4g of protein.

STA1011
03-30-2009, 07:08 AM
What program is that that you're using?

M1ST
03-30-2009, 07:11 AM
Agreed, it really depends on which method you're going to stick to and how agressive you want to be with cutting.

Personally, I would ditch as many carbs as possible, make sure I'm taking the correct amount of protein for muscle maintenance and up the fats.

Seijuro
03-30-2009, 07:25 AM
I've seen that most people's meal in the morning involves oats is that a better alternative or should I just cut out the cards completely in the morning? I just thought that having some carbs in the morning is good for you since your body have been starving for 8 hours and it'll probably be burned off throughout the day.

The program I using is http://www.sparkpeople.com/
IMO a better program than fitday.com
You can copy meals to the next day and people are adding/sharing calorie information for tons of foods.

imsotheman
03-30-2009, 07:35 AM
Your going to want to continue eatting the bulk of your carbs in the morning and thin them out across the day. reason being is that carbs do not digest for energy instantly, so if you tend to work out in the afternoon the carbs you ate in the morning will most likely give you more energy in the gym. However after that is over you no longer need the carbs as you are winding down for sleep. Most efficient bodybuilders tend to get 50-60 carbs in the morning and then thin them out according to your macro intake after your carb deficit..

hope you understand what I mean, I am writing this pretty quick as I am sitting in class :]

M1ST
03-30-2009, 07:47 AM
As mentioned it depends on how fast/method you want to cut-up. I have cut-up using carbs and not using them. IMO, the method with low low carbs, i.e. 50 grams and under per day got me the best results.

It's good to break the fasting in the morning with some carbs to prevent muscle breakdown. But your body can and will utilise fats for energy throughout the rest of the day. If you take in the correct amount you will not suffer any tiredness or fatigue either.

rm80
03-30-2009, 07:53 AM
Your going to want to continue eatting the bulk of your carbs in the morning and thin them out across the day. reason being is that carbs do not digest for energy instantly, so if you tend to work out in the afternoon the carbs you ate in the morning will most likely give you more energy in the gym. However after that is over you no longer need the carbs as you are winding down for sleep. Most efficient bodybuilders tend to get 50-60 carbs in the morning and then thin them out according to your macro intake after your carb deficit..

hope you understand what I mean, I am writing this pretty quick as I am sitting in class :]
Yeah definately...your two big carb intake times is going to be in the morning and your post workout. and you want them to be quality carbs like whole grains, oats, brown rice, ect. do your best to stay away from processed foods and eat whole foods cause you'll get additives and preservatives and other stuff that will slow your fat loss results which is why so many people suggest oatmeal as a breakfast meal or adding it to a post workout shake...good luck on your cut!

Seijuro
03-30-2009, 08:12 AM
My workouts are usually from 6-7PM. Most of my lunch and dinner consist of rice. I'm asian I gots to have my rice, but I do limit myself to 1/4 cup or so of rice for lunch/dinner. I'll probably cut out the protein shake in the morning and have it pre-workout instead. I'm still unsure of what carbs I should be taking in the morning. I guess I'll try some oatmeal, but I heard I should stay away from the instant ones. I've never really had oatmeal before but I'll see how I like it. Thanks for the input fellas