PDA

View Full Version : Shaking post workout

CottonC
03-27-2009, 10:31 PM
I'm pretty sure it's normal and it happens after every intense workout I do. Today I decided to blast my chest.
5 heavy sets till failure on flat, incline, and decline. And 5 sets of cable crosses till failure. I'm sure I "overtrained" but, I have a week and a half before I train chest again. Now post workout I ate a can of tuna and a glass of OJ with 5g of creatine. But, I can not stop shaking, if I hold anything for example a spatula when I'm trying to cook. My arms shake like crazy. If I try to flex my chest there is no density.
Is this just overtrained muscles or is it nutrition? Is it carb depletion as I've heard or just a good workout?

CottonC
03-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Some google results said to eat some sugar because of my blood sugar could be low. I highly doubt it because I feel fine. Actually a bit full of energy and it's almost 2am. Taking Nyquil....

Holyspokes
03-27-2009, 10:53 PM
overtraining does not occur from one workout. You worked your muscles to exhaustion and then some it seems. I've done that before and had similar symptoms, although not quite as severe. I don't think nutrition has anything to do with it. Just rest up

Blindead
03-27-2009, 10:59 PM
overtraining occurs from a gradual buildup from CNS fatigue and unhealed microtrauma, not working your ass off in the gym. sounds like you're tired, might have low blood sugar (you eating enough PrWO?), and could be lightheaded. I always wanna pass out after deadlifts and my legs usually shake a bit on the jog back to the dorm after squats.

if you aren't on a specific diet there's a 1% chance it's carb depletion

and that's not enough food post workout. looking again i'm guessing it's that you don't eat enough. cut or not, don't skimp pre or post workout. the OJ can't be more than 30-40g of carbs tops.

CottonC
03-27-2009, 11:09 PM
overtraining occurs from a gradual buildup from CNS fatigue and unhealed microtrauma, not working your ass off in the gym. sounds like you're tired, might have low blood sugar (you eating enough PrWO?), and could be lightheaded. I always wanna pass out after deadlifts and my legs usually shake a bit on the jog back to the dorm after squats.

and that's not enough food post workout. looking again i'm guessing it's that you don't eat enough. cut or not, don't skimp pre or post workout. the OJ can't be more than 30-40g of carbs tops.

I kind of do a moderately high fat, low carb diet about a 45p/45f/10c (minus my post workout carbs)
I only got light headed once and that was because I didn't breathe right I'm sure. How many carbs should I have pre and post. I didn't think I needed that much while cutting. I ate a bowl of chili that had 30g of carbs and the shakes are not as bad, yet still there. I used a keto stick and wasn't in ketosis obviously.

CottonC
03-27-2009, 11:12 PM

You don't jog after doing squats do you? lol. I wait about 4-5 hours before I do any cardio after legs.