PDA

View Full Version : Duke ****ty

ApatoJay
03-26-2009, 09:33 PM
not even exposed, we all already knew it. i felt like i was in the 1960s when they panned over their bench.

Team Punishment
03-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Just another year for coach K. Content with a sweet 16 appearance.

Gmoney23
03-26-2009, 09:41 PM
they havent been great since the jay williams/boozer/dunleavy days..

D-Dub03
03-26-2009, 09:41 PM
ACC Tournament Champions...sweet 16...i wouldn't say ****ty, some coaches would die just to have one of either in their lifetime

ApatoJay
03-26-2009, 09:42 PM
ACC Tournament Champions...sweet 16...i wouldn't say ****ty, some coaches would die just to have one of either in their lifetime
real classy with that last second steal may i add.

hardgainer14
03-26-2009, 09:43 PM
in before bbacn

Gmoney23
03-26-2009, 10:05 PM

Alot of coaches have took schools to the sweet 16 and ended up fired/resigned from same school too..

niospecv
03-26-2009, 10:05 PM
LULZ

I'm loving every minute of this.

bbacn123
03-26-2009, 10:09 PM
Alot of coaches have took schools to the sweet 16 and ended up fired/resigned from same school too..

How many of those coaches won 30 games and the ACC tournament? 0

koolscrub003
03-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Gerald Henderson really needs to work on his perimeter game if he wants to make it in the pros. He was exposed big time today. You can't just drive strong in one direction and expect to get to the rim constantly. Villanova recognized that. He might be the better pro prospect than like say Wayne Ellington but aside from athleticism, they're not even comparable in terms of ball skills.

P.S. Anyone feel a little sympathy for Greg Paulus? You could tell he was pressing after Coach K put him in like he felt that he was supposed to engineer a run... than turns it over a couple times. He did hit that 3 though.

ApatoJay
03-27-2009, 05:01 AM
Gerald Henderson really needs to work on his perimeter game if he wants to make it in the pros. He was exposed big time today. You can't just drive strong in one direction and expect to get to the rim constantly. Villanova recognized that. He might be the better pro prospect than like say Wayne Ellington but aside from athleticism, they're not even comparable in terms of ball skills.

P.S. Anyone feel a little sympathy for Greg Paulus? You could tell he was pressing after Coach K put him in like he felt that he was supposed to engineer a run... than turns it over a couple times. He did hit that 3 though.
i like how no one EVER acknowledges your posts

and you made that thread on the maryland player talking **** and everyone told you to f yourself, lol.

so much hate.

bbacn123
03-27-2009, 07:13 AM
Gerald Henderson really needs to work on his perimeter game if he wants to make it in the pros. He was exposed big time today.

He shoots 34% from 3. That's respectable. Henderson could barely touch the ball last night. He wasn't really exposed, Nova just locked him up all night and when he did touch the ball he was double teamed and forced to shoot bad shots.

bustermac
03-27-2009, 07:34 AM
not even exposed, we all already knew it. i felt like i was in the 1960s when they panned over their bench.

Amen! 5-star thread!

natescope
03-27-2009, 07:54 AM
He shoots 34% from 3. That's respectable. Henderson could barely touch the ball last night. He wasn't really exposed, Nova just locked him up all night and when he did touch the ball he was double teamed and forced to shoot bad shots.

no one can be forced to shoot bad shots... they take bad shots because they are ****ing idiots.... and on a side note, Nova locked every Dukie up last night. seriously what did you really expect from this team? i hope you weren't thinking final four. Duke plays with march intensity during the regular season, not many coaches can get their teams to do that, which is why Duke seems to be so tough to beat. Come March, when everyone is playing at the same intensity level, Duke consistently gets exposed (past 4-5 years) for who they really are, nonathletic and rely heavily on the 3.

Bottom line, no one overachieves in the tournament.

bustermac
03-27-2009, 07:58 AM
no one can be forced to shoot bad shots... they take bad shots because they are ****ing idiots....

Well, when the shot clock is running out because of smothering D, they are being "forced" to just chuck the ball towards the backboard.

bbacn123
03-27-2009, 08:07 AM
Well, when the shot clock is running out because of smothering D, they are being "forced" to just chuck the ball towards the backboard.

x2, I think Duke was fairly patient in looking for shots last night. When they got open looks they didn't go and when they didn't get looks they were put in bad positions. You can only wait so long. Nova played great, no doubt.

SweetTouch
03-27-2009, 08:36 AM
I can't believe I got talked into betting on these clowns.