PDA

View Full Version : Celtics exposed as ****ty

ApatoJay
03-26-2009, 06:13 AM
just kidding.

why would they ever not win the championship? its like a done deal. you arent going to beat them 4 times. honestly.

::yawn::

Reps n Sets
03-26-2009, 06:59 AM
They are 8-6 with this guy on the team.

http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/ed69bb0e-9371-4415-9d4c-e60bd4d87d6e.jpg

They won't win.. Marbury is a curse.

ilikebeer
03-26-2009, 03:38 PM
just kidding.

why would they ever not win the championship? its like a done deal. you arent going to beat them 4 times. honestly.

::yawn::

this year they wont have 4 games at home every series to help keep them afloat. sorry.

iLoveFattyFood
03-26-2009, 03:49 PM

this year they wont have 4 games at home every series to help keep them afloat. sorry.

These

Huse
03-26-2009, 03:50 PM
These

Did the C's need 4 games at home against the Lakers? I forgot.

Did they need them in the ECF either? I forgot

ilikebeer
03-26-2009, 03:51 PM

hawks

wut

Lloyd Braun
03-26-2009, 03:56 PM

The ECF still began in Boston though, so they still had homecourt regardless.

Winning a single playoff series w/o homecourt is hard enough, this year the Celtics may have to do it three times.

Not saying they can't, but you've got to admit their road this year is going to be tougher, especially since (arguably) they were a better team last year.

gswarrior510
03-26-2009, 03:58 PM
boston>>>>>>>cavs but cavs got home so you never know

SweetTouch
03-26-2009, 03:58 PM
The ECF still began in Boston though, so they still had homecourt regardless.

Winning a single playoff series w/o homecourt is hard enough, this year the Celtics may have to do it three times.

Not saying they can't, but you've got to admit their road this year is going to be tougher, especially since (arguably) they were a better team last year.

Keep in mind David $tern wants another Lakers/Celtics Finals though, so the C's will be getting some favorable calls in May and June.

iLoveFattyFood
03-26-2009, 03:59 PM

Lol. They'd be lucky not to run into the Hawks or Cavs. Which is probably not going to happen.

edit: SweetTouch, do you even watch the NBA just for the hell of it? Or do you just have all these conspiracy theories and gamble your money on games?

SweetTouch
03-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Lol. They'd be lucky not to run into the Hawks or Cavs. Which is probably not going to happen.

edit: SweetTouch, do you even watch the NBA just for the hell of it? Or do you just have all these conspiracy theories and gamble your money on games?

I do watch the NBA, and some games/series are fixed for monetary purposes.

See: Kings/Lakers, 2002; that **** was ABSURD

Popcorn_fart
03-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Relax the only trouble we will face is beating the Cavs at their home but im confident we will. IMO we will go back to back im not even fussed

ilikebeer
03-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Relax the only trouble we will face is beating the Cavs at their home but im confident we will. IMO we will go back to back im not even fussed

strong denial

Popcorn_fart
03-26-2009, 06:32 PM
strong denial nothing brah...all you guys do is talk about your hate for garnett exposing Celtics as ****ty and talking up whose better LeBron or Kobe...who cares? Kobe cant win without Shaq lol i bet they wont even make it to the final thats a bold statement i know but ill laugh if im right

iLoveFattyFood
03-26-2009, 06:34 PM
strong denial nothing brah...all you guys do is talk about your hate for garnett exposing Celtics as ****ty and talking up whose better LeBron or Kobe...who cares? Kobe cant win without Shaq lol i bet they wont even make it to the final thats a bold statement i know but ill laugh if im right

Paul Pierce can't win without Ray Allen and KG.
KG can't win without Ray Allen and PP.
Ray Allen can't win without KG and PP.

See what I did der?

gpg_prodigy
03-26-2009, 06:41 PM
lebron will win

Huse
03-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Paul Pierce can't win without Ray Allen and KG.
KG can't win without Ray Allen and PP.
Ray Allen can't win without KG and PP.

See what I did der?

Yeah, except they're all on the same team while Shaq and Kobe are not

Popcorn_fart
03-26-2009, 06:53 PM
^^ exactly. Serious though these threads a lame its like me as a Celtics fan making a thread saying u mad Big Baby has a championship ring and LeBron doesnt

ApatoJay
03-26-2009, 07:12 PM
^^ exactly. Serious though these threads a lame its like me as a Celtics fan making a thread saying u mad Big Baby has a championship ring and LeBron doesnt
trhis is actually a pro celtics thread

v1sion
03-26-2009, 07:27 PM

robert horry have about 6 rings and tim duncan have 3. so are tim duncan and spurs fans mad? no cause tim duncan is going to be a first ballot HOF and lebron will probably be a first ballot HOF and will have tons of mvp's in his future while big baby will retire a no body

Huse
03-27-2009, 05:33 AM
robert horry have about 6 rings and tim duncan have 3. so are tim duncan and spurs fans mad? no cause tim duncan is going to be a first ballot HOF and lebron will probably be a first ballot HOF and will have tons of mvp's in his future while big baby will retire a no body

wtf does that have to do with anything? Bill Russell owns those chumps

Assassin X
03-27-2009, 07:31 AM

Marbury = Cassel

BBGAMBINI31
03-27-2009, 11:04 AM

http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/ed69bb0e-9371-4415-9d4c-e60bd4d87d6e.jpg

this, marbury has a .2 PER as a celtic, yes .2 PER

SweetTouch
03-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Marbury = Cassel

Marbury = Giselle

We've been cursed ever since Brady got with her.

KingCanuck
03-27-2009, 11:06 AM
Stern wants a Kobe Lebron match up.

Not a Celtics/Lakers.

SweetTouch
03-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Stern wants a Kobe Lebron match up.

Not a Celtics/Lakers.

$tern wants Kobe/LeBron in 2010-2011 when LeBron jumps ship to New York.

He's already mandated Celtics/Lakers Finals for 2009 and 2010.

Negatron617
03-27-2009, 11:14 AM
even with homecourt advantage it is always harder to repeat. this years celtics isnt last years celtics. for all we know this team developed the killer instinct to win on the road which last years team didnt figure out until the 3rd round. or maybe they didnt. nobody really knows. which is why i will watch.

KingCanuck
03-27-2009, 11:14 AM
$tern wants Kobe/LeBron in 2010-2011 when LeBron jumps ship to New York.

He's already mandated Celtics/Lakers Finals for 2009 and 2010.

Wong. Stern is my grandfather. He has told me numerous times, he wants Cavs vs Lakers this year.

SweetTouch
03-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Wong. Stern is my grandfather. He has told me numerous times, he wants Cavs vs Lakers this year.

With this economy, Stern can't afford to put a small market team like Cleveland in the Finals. Sorry, brah.

Negatron617
03-27-2009, 11:19 AM
With this economy, Stern can't afford to put a small market team like Cleveland in the Finals. Sorry, brah.

hmmm.....good ****

hey maybe KGs injury was fake as he didnt really tear anything but to make things more interesting and not seem so scripted the celtics had KG go down so that the east could seem wide open and give cavs and magic fans hope. the celtics will come together for the playoffs and make it to the finals but this time as the underdogs who nobody believed could go on the road to win 3 playoff series. fukin brilliant.

SweetTouch
03-27-2009, 11:21 AM
hey maybe KGs injury was fake as he didnt really tear anything but to make things more interesting and not seem so scripted the celtics had KG go down so that the east could seem wide open and give cavs and magic fans hope. the celtics will come together for the playoffs and make it to the finals but this time as the underdogs who nobody believed could go on the road to win 3 playoff series. fukin brilliant.

Now you're thinking like David Stern. This script is even better than last year's, IMO.

Greg1983
03-27-2009, 12:09 PM

Small market or not, Lebron vs Kobe means just as much money as Lakers vs Celts.

SweetTouch
03-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Small market or not, Lebron vs Kobe means just as much money as Lakers vs Celts.

You have to realize most people who watch the NBA are casual fans. $tern knows this, and that's why setting up the two most storied franchises in league history takes precedence over....

The Cleveland Cavaliers.

Lakers/Celtics: "Oh ****, one of the biggest rivalries in sports, I gotta watch!"
Lakers/Cavaliers: "Cleveland still has a team? I thought they moved to Baltimore?"

Greg1983
03-27-2009, 12:14 PM
You have to realize most people who watch the NBA are casual fans.

Casual fans love Lebron. The TV ratings for Kobe vs Bron would be off the charts. It doesn't matter if they couldn't even tell you what state Cleveland is in.

SweetTouch
03-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Casual fans love Lebron. The TV ratings for Kobe vs Bron would be off the charts. It doesn't matter if they couldn't even tell you what state Cleveland is in.

We'll see. I still say $tern keeps Bron out of the Finals until he's a Knick.

Celtics/Knicks conference Finals every year with the Lakers awaiting in the next round is his ultimate goal here.

SpiderSense
03-27-2009, 12:20 PM
That's not all they've been exposed as:

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/3440/0409lakers7ha.jpg

Negatron617
03-27-2009, 01:21 PM

i could be wrong but werent the ratings for when lebron made the finals not that great at all? yes theres no kobe but still. and yes we were somewhat joking. thanks for not playing along Canuck.

That's not all they've been exposed as:

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/3440/0409lakers7ha.jpg

i dont see any celtics unis in that pic

SweetTouch
03-27-2009, 01:23 PM
i could be wrong but werent the ratings for when lebron made the finals not that great at all? yes theres no kobe but still. and yes we were somewhat joking. thanks for not playing along Canuck.

Exactly. ABC can hype it up as "KOBE VS. LEBRON!!!" all they want, but it's still the same Cleveland Cavaliers who took a dump on NBA Finals ratings just a few years ago.

ilikebeer
03-27-2009, 01:24 PM

i dont see any celtics unis in that pic

lmao off at that pic. that is ray allen btw.

Negatron617
03-27-2009, 01:25 PM
lmao off at that pic. that is ray allen btw.

i see no celtics unis. yes that is gay allen. lol

ilikebeer
03-27-2009, 01:32 PM
i see no celtics unis. yes that is gay allen. lol

but he plays for the celtics now...and lol at gay allen.

Greg1983
03-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Exactly. ABC can hype it up as "KOBE VS. LEBRON!!!" all they want, but it's still the same Cleveland Cavaliers who took a dump on NBA Finals ratings just a few years ago.

That's only because they were playing the Spurs (a ratings black hole) and because that Cavs team was half as good as the current one, so everyone knew what was going to happen. Hell I actually enjoy watching the Spurs play and I didn't even tune in for the finals that year.

Negatron617
03-27-2009, 01:36 PM
but he plays for the celtics now...and lol at gay allen.

what happens in seattle stays in seattle. he had to pass a homo test to play for boston.

SweetTouch
03-27-2009, 01:38 PM
That's only because they were playing the Spurs (a ratings black hole) and because that Cavs team was half as good as the current one, so everyone knew what was going to happen. Hell I actually enjoy watching the Spurs play and I didn't even tune in for the finals that year.

We'll see.

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.