PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Under Attack From Dallas

Abs.Like.Jesus
03-25-2009, 09:25 AM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/96790-backup-mav-questions-kobes-trust-issues?eref=fromSI

Mavericks backup center Ryan Hollins made an appearance on Michael Irvin's ESPN radio show yesterday. The 7-footer declined a request by ex-Cowboy offensive lineman/Irvin sidekick Nate Newton to publicly demand more playing time, but Hollins made it clear he believes he can help the Mavs win now and in the playoffs. Hollins went so far as to provide some insight on how the Mavs could succeed as an 8 seed against the Lakers, whom he acknowledged were the team to beat. The key: Take advantage of Kobe's selfishness. "Kobe Bryant is one of the greatest players in the game, and I think sometimes he has issues trusting his teammates," said Hollins, who probably saw a lot of Lakers games while playing college ball at UCLA. "Maybe we catch them off guard, kind of get Kobe into playing a little one-on-one or doing a little too much, I think we've got a shot at them definitely."

Ouch-This one hurt the Bryant residence. He is an NBA veteren now and still putting up great stats on a top 4 team in the league, but he still can't shake off that selfish image thats clinging on to his back.

When a back up calls you out, you know somethings wrong...

SweetTouch
03-25-2009, 09:29 AM
He will go down in NBA history as the greatest second fiddle of all time (sorry, Scottie Pippen), but the dude just lacks what it takes to lead a team to a title.

KingCanuck
03-25-2009, 09:34 AM
He will go down in NBA history as the greatest second fiddle of all time (sorry, Scottie Pippen), but the dude just lacks what it takes to lead a team to a title.

Just like KG, before he got Allen and Pierce?
Just like Allen before he got KG and Pierce?
Just like Pierce before he got KG and Allen?

lulz

SweetTouch
03-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Just like KG, before he got Allen and Pierce?
Just like Allen before he got KG and Pierce?
Just like Pierce before he got KG and Allen?

lulz

Exactly.

But then again, no one has compared Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, or Ray Allen to Michael F**king Jordan.

hublife
03-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Exactly.

But then again, no one has compared Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, or Ray Allen to Michael F**king Jordan.

Actually...

In the beginning of Ray Allen's career people were trying to make those comparisons.

iginca
03-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Ryan Hollins? RYAN ****ING HOLLINS?

Who da **** dat?

SpiderSense
03-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Sweet now I'd like to see how Hollins implements his plans from the bench.

Why the **** would Kobe give this guy and his comments 1 ounce of attention?

gswarrior510
03-25-2009, 11:32 AM
well if most of the time they can't make ****, someone has to take over..

Hishiad
03-25-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm sure Kobe is crying his eyes out all over his MVP trophies from the all-star games and his championship rings...

and I hate this "2nd fiddle" BS....I'd rather have a strong team and win rings than be a T-wolves KG and not get any.

Look at Robert Horry how many rings has that mafuhka got...sure he's not a "great" player, but he'll retire as one of the most successful at winning championships (assuming he's not already retired)....

GTfreak
03-25-2009, 12:35 PM
kobe probably thinking, who the **** is that?

Sick96stang
03-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Exactly.

LOL actually Skip2mylou said Garnett's jump shot is comparable to Jordans.

sohard88
03-25-2009, 02:05 PM
kobe probably thinking, who the **** is that?

LOL exactly, I only know him because he played at UCLA.

GTfreak
03-26-2009, 08:00 PM
i honestly hadnt heard his name until this thread