PDA

View Full Version : Serious Opinions

Lifterforlife10
03-24-2009, 04:46 PM
First off, I would like to request serious opinions from those who eat like me, although I cannot stop all those from posting as I am using a open forum, I just want to get opinions from those who have advice to give.
Alright, a little background is that I have eaten clean for a year and a half, I don't cheat and I don't eat junk food. the worst thing I eat is like Special K satisfaction or fibre one, and those aren't often. I measure all my food (actually enjoy doing this, like knowing what goes into me) and i like to be healthy and active. This also means I stopped eating chocolate.
Okay, the question is, I have been considering allowing myself to purchase supplements and the rare protein bar (like Zero impact) with chocolate in it, just to change it up. I have only ever had vanilla and I wouldn't mind having supplements with a change in them, yes I could get fruity flavors but am just considering chocolate. I am not wondering what this will do to my body comp, as it won't change the way I eat or look, but just like to get some feedback on any thoughts anyone who lives like this has. Thanks for the read.

Amoral
03-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Ironic. Do what your signature says. Everything in moderation. Otherwise you're a poser brah.

Lifterforlife10
03-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Ironic. Do what your signature says. Everything in moderation. Otherwise you're a poser brah.

I do believe moderation is the key to life, however, I do enjoy my life the way it is and I never crave the junk food. This is a good observation. I work hard at life and I find moderation to be many people's problems. Most people can't just have a slice of pizza, its either the whole thing or nothing. I enjoy my life and don't expect people to live like me, but i think most people new to nutrition deal with the idea of moderation. Hope this isn't confusing, and still looking for other opinions

Lifterforlife10
03-24-2009, 08:20 PM
one bump for opinions, I know its a long read

Holyspokes
03-24-2009, 08:29 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=70778

serious. You are 16 and asking ridiculous questions and have ridiculous eating habbits (and reasons for them). Think about it.

Guai
03-24-2009, 08:33 PM
I measure all my food (actually enjoy doing this, like knowing what goes into me) and i like to be healthy and active. This also means I stopped eating chocolate.

What?

Lifterforlife10
03-24-2009, 08:39 PM
HA, i knew I'd get these types of responses. First of all, why does it matter that Im sixteen, who cares. I love eating healthy foods and I don't want to alter that. Why does it matter, being healthy should not be a problem. And how is the question ridicules, I am curious to what people who ENJOY SIMILAR lifestyles to mine THINK. It is curiosity and this is a board where opinions are shared and advice is given. If you think it is ridiculous (and I don't mean to sound harsh or offensive) then kindly don't criticize and just ignore the thread. If this thread is annoying people that bad, I will delete it, only because I don't like to bug people.

As for measuring all my food, it is just a personal habit, developed overtime, and I actually don't care about doing it. If that seems weird, so be it, but not everyone is the same

Oh, and please tell me ho eating healthy is an eating disorder

Guai
03-24-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm not trying to criticize you or tell you how to live or eat. I pointed out something that was obviously just plain ignorant. How on earth is chocolate unhealthy? Now if you're talking about snickers or hershey's sidekicks (I ****ing want one right now), then fine, I can understand with milk chocolate where it is so refined and mixed with other things where you lose the inherent goodness of chocolate, but even then it's a long shot.

Lifterforlife10
03-24-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm not trying to criticize you or tell you how to live or eat. I pointed out something that was obviously just plain ignorant. How on earth is chocolate unhealthy? Now if you're talking about snickers or hershey's sidekicks (I ****ing want one right now), then fine, I can understand with milk chocolate where it is so refined and mixed with other things where you lose the inherent goodness of chocolate, but even then it's a long shot.

Sorry, I didn't mean too come off as offensive, but I just was a little frustrated at the above post 9not by you).Of course I don't mean eating snickers and other such products, just choosing a chocolate flavored supplement, like whey or casein.

Guai
03-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Well I'm probably the exact opposite of you as I don't measure anything and just eat til I'm not hungry anymore, so I doubt I can help you much. Good luck.

Simmo0508
03-24-2009, 09:11 PM
First off, I would like to request serious opinions from those who eat like me, although I cannot stop all those from posting as I am using a open forum, I just want to get opinions from those who have advice to give.
Alright, a little background is that I have eaten clean for a year and a half, I don't cheat and I don't eat junk food. the worst thing I eat is like Special K satisfaction or fibre one, and those aren't often. I measure all my food (actually enjoy doing this, like knowing what goes into me) and i like to be healthy and active. This also means I stopped eating chocolate.
Okay, the question is, I have been considering allowing myself to purchase supplements and the rare protein bar (like Zero impact) with chocolate in it, just to change it up. I have only ever had vanilla and I wouldn't mind having supplements with a change in them, yes I could get fruity flavors but am just considering chocolate. I am not wondering what this will do to my body comp, as it won't change the way I eat or look, but just like to get some feedback on any thoughts anyone who lives like this has. Thanks for the read.

The chocolate flavouring they put into supplements, be it bars or powder, is usually a cocoa blend. And even then, it's a very minute amount.

I tend to prefer unflavoured whey powders myself, but honestly don't let that be a deterrent. The main ingredients are still the WPC's and WPI's and what have you. It's not like each serving is loaded up with chocolate like a Mars bar or a Snickers.

Blindead
03-24-2009, 09:12 PM
pure cocoa is one of the healthiest things you can eat.

Simmo0508
03-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Absolutely.

Holyspokes
03-24-2009, 09:16 PM
HA, i knew I'd get these types of responses. First of all, why does it matter that Im sixteen, who cares. I love eating healthy foods and I don't want to alter that. Why does it matter, being healthy should not be a problem. And how is the question ridicules, I am curious to what people who ENJOY SIMILAR lifestyles to mine THINK. It is curiosity and this is a board where opinions are shared and advice is given. If you think it is ridiculous (and I don't mean to sound harsh or offensive) then kindly don't criticize and just ignore the thread. If this thread is annoying people that bad, I will delete it, only because I don't like to bug people.

As for measuring all my food, it is just a personal habit, developed overtime, and I actually don't care about doing it. If that seems weird, so be it, but not everyone is the same

Oh, and please tell me ho eating healthy is an eating disorder

How is chocolate bad for you?
Why don't you eat any "junk food/cheats" Have you heard of moderation? How is one meal going to make you less healthy?

Eating healthy at 16 is great, but if your that strict about your diet than you are throwing the best years of your life away.

If your really concerned about health, why would you be worrying about freaking chocolate in a protein bar considering all the other crap that is usually in them?

I'm all for eating healthy, but don't be so damn restrictive at this time in your life.

Simmo0508
03-24-2009, 09:18 PM
How is chocolate bad for you?
Why don't you eat any "junk food/cheats" Have you heard of moderation? How is one meal going to make you less healthy?

Eating healthy at 16 is great, but if your that strict about your diet than you are throwing the best years of your life away.

If your really concerned about health, why would you be worrying about freaking chocolate in a protein bar considering all the other crap that is usually in them?

I'm all for eating healthy, but don't be so damn restrictive at this time in your life.

Those weren't the questions that he asked dude. Try and stay on-topic with what he's after so we can help that way :)

The rest, as what you yourself questioned, isn't any of anyone's elses business. People don't like being told what to do and how to live their life.

the2ndrunner
03-24-2009, 09:20 PM
How have your gains been this past year with eating clean? I find I'm the same way when it comes to being on a strict diet. I would rather just not have any cheat meals, because before when I allowed myself them I would eat like a huge calzone or something then skip the next meal because I was so full. I agree that the occasional junk food has no impact but for me, I would just crave more.

Blindead
03-24-2009, 09:20 PM
I agree. I'm against everyone on this forum telling anyone under 20 that they should be eating like ****, getting piss faced and just not caring about how they look or their health. It's their life: live your own.

and i'm thinking about going back to eating clean again. just my personal choice.

Simmo0508
03-24-2009, 09:24 PM
I agree. I'm against everyone on this forum telling anyone under 20 that they should be eating like ****, getting piss faced and just not caring about how they look or their health. It's their life: live your own.

and i'm thinking about going back to eating clean again. just my personal choice.

I know aye. I find it pretty contradictory to the whole point of a Nutrition forum in the first place on a bodybuilding site lol We're meant to be encouraging healthy eating habits, not discouraging them.

No wonder this country is #1 in child & adult obesity.

Holyspokes
03-24-2009, 09:29 PM
Those weren't the questions that he asked dude. Try and stay on-topic with what he's after so we can help that way :)

The rest, as what you yourself questioned, isn't any of anyone's elses business. People don't like being told what to do and how to live their life.

He addressed my post, and asked how eating healthy is an eating disorder, I was explaining my post.

And where the **** did I tell him to eat **** and get drunk all the time? Good god. I'll stop posting in all these retarded threads than with these people that think there masochistic tendencies are going to do jack for them when they can do just as well on a well balanced diet with moderation.

I hope ya don't look back at this time and regret it.

Guai
03-24-2009, 09:29 PM
As far as I'm concerned healthy eating is about moderation, knowledge, and self control, not about eliminating food groups, fretting about dextrose PWO, or being scared of carbs past 5:13PM. Could I eat 6 times a day, every three hours with meals comprised mostly of oatmeal, chicken breasts, sweet potatoes and broccoli? Sure, I've already done it, but I was miserable and did not enjoy that kind of life. Therefore it wasn't healthy eating for ME.

Simmo0508
03-24-2009, 09:38 PM
He addressed my post, and asked how eating healthy is an eating disorder, I was explaining my post.

lol Ok then. All good.

Amoral
03-24-2009, 09:41 PM
I know aye. I find it pretty contradictory to the whole point of a Nutrition forum in the first place on a bodybuilding site lol We're meant to be encouraging healthy eating habits, not discouraging them.

No wonder this country is #1 in child & adult obesity.

You are an idiot. A nutrition forum on a BODYBUILDING site you said it yourself. We are meant to deliver nutritional information to help people reach their goals. Being healthy really isnt a quantitative assessment. Most people are looking to get that body they have always wanted and deep down are not very concerned with systemic health.

The obesity factor has nothing to do with eating healthy. It has to do with an over consumption of calories.

Blindead
03-24-2009, 09:46 PM
And where the **** did I tell him to eat **** and get drunk all the time? Good god. I'll stop posting in all these retarded threads than with these people that think there masochistic tendencies are going to do jack for them when they can do just as well on a well balanced diet with moderation.

you DID tell him he's throwing away his life by not having cheat meals. and your post just made me think of all the posts I see on here where people give kids **** for not drinking, not eating like pigs, not eating an entire pizza every sunday to reward themselves for, holy ****, 6 days of eating clean!!!! it just bugs me. the only person on here who should be geting any **** is determined because that kid has issues and looks like a skeleton.

easye7
03-24-2009, 09:51 PM
My diet at 16:

tubes of raw cookie dough
porkroll and cheese sandwhiches
school lunches with features like nacho bar, cheesesteaks, and creme of bacon soup
and budweiser, because it was the only beer i knew

live it up while u can, my metabolism dropped like bear sterns when i hit 18

Amoral
03-24-2009, 09:55 PM
you DID tell him he's throwing away his life by not having cheat meals. and your post just made me think of all the posts I see on here where people give kids **** for not drinking, not eating like pigs, not eating an entire pizza every sunday to reward themselves for, holy ****, 6 days of eating clean!!!! it just bugs me. the only person on here who should be geting any **** is determined because that kid has issues and looks like a skeleton.

I am all for making fun of people and cutting people down, but I would never purposely do it to someone who clearly has issues.

MithrilFox
03-24-2009, 10:03 PM
Dark chocolate (black, bitter) has been shown to be beneficial for health if eaten in small amounts regularly.

easye7
03-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Dark chocolate (black, bitter) has been shown to be beneficial for health if eaten in small amounts regularly.

Yepp. If you can get used to the taste (personally i like it) very dark chocolate with a high cocao content is high into antioxidants. like anything though, moderation

determined4000
03-24-2009, 10:35 PM
I am tired of people who assume you have to eat dirty/cheat to enjoy food
I always eat clean but enjoy what I eat
Dinner I had a steak and garlic mashed cauliflower
Way better than a McD's burger and fries IMO
Breakfast- ham and cheese omelet with vanilla and cinnamon protein pancakes
Lunch-grilled chicken w/ sauteed peppers and onions
Dessert tonight- cherry cheesecake (cottage cheese, gelatin, fat free cream cheese)