PDA

View Full Version : muscle loss??

gergemac
03-24-2009, 03:56 PM
question during a low carb cutting diet with low intensity cardio do i lose alot of muscle?
and can i still add on some mass while doing this diet?

repps for help!

thanxs

hardcoregeorge
03-24-2009, 04:04 PM
i dont think so, im on carb cycle, and im getting leaner and gaining some mass, of course eating the right amount and type of carbs and doing cardio like a madman :)

subpolarbear
03-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Whenever you cut you are going to lose some muscle. Nothing major, as the pros out weigh the cons.

gergemac
03-24-2009, 04:12 PM
but can i add some as well? is there a "middle ground"?

like loss some body fat but cont to ad some muscle?

i dont have much muscle to start off and im worried if i cut ill lose alot of it!

asianstyles
03-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Are you relatively new to working out? If you are new, you can get "newbie" gains from working out even if you are cutting calories. This will only last for a certain period of time though.

Own3r
03-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Last week I lost god damn 6lb, I am no longer sure what is muscle and what is fat loss....at this point I don't really care anymore 26 days left to drop another 3% BF

But to answer your question, yes you will lose muscle, but you can minimize the loss b making sure you don't loose more then 2lb a week. Over that its insanity and retardation all together. May I ad it is not really healthy....

FLEX_09
03-24-2009, 06:10 PM
question during a low carb cutting diet with low intensity cardio do i lose alot of muscle?
and can i still add on some mass while doing this diet?

repps for help!

thanxs

If you eat enough protein and your calories are in check you will not lose muscle.

And no you will not add any muscle on this diet.

Own3r
03-24-2009, 06:12 PM
If you eat enough protein and your calories are in check you will not lose muscle.

And no you will not add any muscle on this diet.

How is will he not loose muscle, that is practically impossible to do. Never saw anyone not loose muscle on a big cut.

ogeorgeko
03-24-2009, 06:19 PM
How is will he not loose muscle, that is practically impossible to do. Never saw anyone not loose muscle on a big cut.
well it's possible, I have done it, as long as your protein consumption is up there (you have to increase it on the cut) and your calories are up there you will be fine.

FLEX_09
03-24-2009, 06:19 PM

Who said a big cut??? The OP stated he wanted to lose bf, If hes eating ample calories and his protein is high enough there will be minimal muscle loss.

Some will even go as far as saying you can build muscle at a deficit.

FLEX_09
03-24-2009, 06:20 PM
well it's possible, I have done it, as long as your protein consumption is up there (you have to increase it on the cut) and your calories are up there you will be fine.

x2 Exactly what I said.

ogeorgeko
03-24-2009, 06:21 PM
x2 Exactly what I said.
sorry bro, didn't see it.