PDA

View Full Version : how much calories should I consume? (info inside)

musclebound2007
03-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Based on my stats, people said when I was a bit lower in weight that I should eat about 3500 - 4000 calories per day. I did this within 7 meals a day, with only 1 weight gainer before bed. So everything else was solid foods. Now, I gained immense amount of fat, but I was buff, not chubby or obese or anything. I can't say overweight as my current weight is actually alright for my height. But, now I am back in school and so forth. I don't want to eat as much as that anymore, but I want to bulk.

What would be a better daily calorie intake, for me to keep gaining weight (because I am), but not gain too much fat? I know as soon as summer comes, and I go home, I am going to gain some of that fat back without thinking, so I don't want to gain too much now that I am basically spiraling out of control and hate myself when I have to cut.

One more thing, I plan to bulk for a year at this pace, plausible or ridiculous plan?

musclebound2007
03-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Wow, no response. Useless forum!!!!

Holyspokes
03-24-2009, 12:55 PM
Why don't you use common sense and just eat less. Monitor weight loss. If you aren't gaining, eat a bit more.

That was tough!

Rval86
03-24-2009, 01:46 PM
If i understand this correctly you're basically asking if it would be better bulk fast or slow? Basically the faster you gain the weight, the better chance you have of gaining fat along with the muscle, so it really depends on your situation. If you dont mind if it takes you a year to complete your bulk, you could do a really slow bulk and more than likely gain almost all muscle but a lot of people do not have that much patience.

It doesnt sound like you are in a big hurry to gain the weight, so what i would do if i was you is shoot for a calorie surplus of 200-300 so you will probably gain around a half pound a week and should be able to remain lean throughout the process.