PDA

View Full Version : diet help for a picky eater!

wingman11
03-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking for quite some time and I am finally ready to try to get my diet in check. I've been out of the gym for awhile, but my previous attempts did not include a proper diet so my gains were no where near what they could have been with a proper diet. Right now I am trying to cut and get lean. However, I am having trouble with putting together a good diet.

I am a really picky eater, so I am hoping I can get some suggestions for a diet that I'll actually be able to follow. Most of the diets I see on here involve eating lots of eggs, cottage cheese, and tuna, which I can't stand eating.

Fortunately, I don't mind eating the same stuff all the time. I was thinking about something like: oats and/or PB on wheat bread for breakfast, almonds/nuts as a snack, grilled chicken wrap for lunch, salad/fruit for a snack, and steak or chicken/pasta for dinner and protein shakes thrown in there somewhere too.

I am 5'8" and ~175 and would like to be closer to 160. I'll appreciate any help I can get! Thanks!

wingman11
03-23-2009, 03:48 PM
no help for a picky brah?

Definitelynotme
03-23-2009, 03:49 PM
what won't you eat?

wingman11
03-23-2009, 03:51 PM
what won't you eat?

eggs, tuna, and cottage cheese.

goodfella0729
03-23-2009, 03:55 PM
i dont eat any of the stuff you mentioned, except eggs every now and again.

my diet consists of these mostly:

chicken
steak
turkey
pork cutlet
steamed veggies
whole wheat bread and english muffins
natural pb
almonds
whey protein
banana
yogurt
pudding
cream of wheat
oats
skim milk
green tea
water.

you get the point. thats my diet pretty much every week. its very possible to eat things you like i would recommend writting down everything you eat for a few weeks so you get a better idea of how many cals and macros you are really consuming

wave_length
03-23-2009, 03:57 PM
eggs, tuna, and cottage cheese.

then don't.

wingman11
03-23-2009, 04:04 PM
then don't.

Good idea.

wingman11
03-23-2009, 04:07 PM
i dont eat any of the stuff you mentioned, except eggs every now and again.

my diet consists of these mostly:

chicken
steak
turkey
pork cutlet
steamed veggies
whole wheat bread and english muffins
natural pb
almonds
whey protein
banana
yogurt
pudding
cream of wheat
oats
skim milk
green tea
water.

you get the point. thats my diet pretty much every week. its very possible to eat things you like i would recommend writting down everything you eat for a few weeks so you get a better idea of how many cals and macros you are really consuming

thanks for your response! fortunately, i like most of those things. could you point me in the direction of how many calories/macros i should be getting for my target body weight?

goodfella0729
03-23-2009, 04:24 PM
well this is what i did, not saying it will work for you or is the right way of doing it. but i ate 1700-1800 cals a day, over 200g of protein, under 100g of carbs and 50g of fat. it was high protein low carb moderate fat. my diet was/is pretty much this:

meal #1
2 scoops whey protein
whole wheat english muffin
1tbs nat pb
1 fish oil cap (3 total through the day)

meal #2
chicken
steamed veggie

meal #3
chicken
steamed veggie
almonds

meal #4
steak
steamed veggie
almonds

pre workout
NO shot gun

post workout
2 scoops whey
water or skim milk (depended on the carbs for the day)

since i reached my goal weight ive upped the cals to about 2000k and more carbs im eating around 160g of carbs a day, alot of them coming post workout.

wingman11
03-23-2009, 04:53 PM
i am still recovering from having a bad cold, so my appetite isn't completely back, but today i had: 2 slices of whole wheat toast for breakfast, a yogurt for lunch, and two burgers (lean ground beef) on whole wheat rolls. totaling 860 calories, 33 grams of fat, 57 carbs, and 39 grams of protein.

so if i added 4 scoops of whey throughout the day, it'd be something like 136g protein, 1300 calories.

then, if i would have had a bigger breakfast, such as oats+bread i'd be at 1400 calories, 35g fat, 76 carbs, and 140g protein.

so i guess i should throw in some chicken breast for lunch and i'll be set.

goodfella0729
03-23-2009, 04:58 PM
yea yogurt for lunch isnt much at all, thats a snack. you can easily get to 1800cals from where you are. more veggies will help you feel full plus a it will add cals. nat pb and almonds are a good way of getting your fat and total cals up.

wingman11
03-23-2009, 05:06 PM
yea yogurt for lunch isnt much at all, thats a snack. you can easily get to 1800cals from where you are. more veggies will help you feel full plus a it will add cals. nat pb and almonds are a good way of getting your fat and total cals up.

yeah, i normally snack on almonds so that will be no problem.

what exactly is nat pb? i am assuming nat = natural?

thanks for your help!

Blindead
03-23-2009, 05:14 PM
yeah, i normally snack on almonds so that will be no problem.

what exactly is nat pb? i am assuming nat = natural?

thanks for your help!

pb without added sugar and fully or partially hydrogenated oils.

wingman11
03-23-2009, 05:21 PM
pb without added sugar and fully or partially hydrogenated oils.

gotcha. could someone recommend a particular brand? thanks!

goodfella0729
03-23-2009, 05:24 PM
i use naturally more, its the best tasting even over just regular pb. plus it has a better macro break down than any other that ive seen. but i wouldnt worry too much about that, i just like the taste