PDA

View Full Version : Daily Motivator's

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

TheLBM
03-19-2009, 07:35 AM
I used to post the Daily Motivator in my journal,and had a lot of positive feedback on them. So i have decided to continue that, in a thread all its own.
I hope they help encourage the people that take the time to read them.
I know, personally, that i have read several of them and they pertained so something i was dealing with that day.

Daily Motivator
March 19, 2009

Great experience

Experience is something that can never be taken away from you. Though the material things you possess will rust, fade, peel, crack, break and become obsolete, the experiences you live through will stay with you always.

Every day is filled with so many opportunities to experience the richness of life. Yet it's all too easy to get into comfortable habits and fail to take advantage of those opportunities.

The greatest treasures you'll ever have are the moments you spend living life fully, moments spent with those you love and care about, moments lived passionately in pursuit of a vision, a dream or an accomplishment.

As you go through this day, keep in mind what an incredible, irreplaceable, great experience life is. Wherever you go, whatever your circumstance, fill the moments with meaning and richness. Today is a special day, a day to be alive. Live it with joy, with wonder and intensity. Your great experience is happening now

JoelM05
03-19-2009, 07:53 AM
This is a great idea. Everyone needs a little boost now and then..maybe they'll make it a sticky. :)

LyingSac
03-19-2009, 10:33 AM
how about if you do got experiences you wanna ditch?

erinlee01
03-19-2009, 12:05 PM

Do you really want to ditch them? I have bad experiences in my past (as does everyone), but honestly, they made me what I am today. I have no regrets.

LBM, I love these posts! :)

Do_Somethin
03-19-2009, 12:09 PM
What movie/show was the M O O N spelling from? I know it from somewhere. Was it a character with DS or something like that?

HARRYBEAST
03-19-2009, 12:15 PM
I have heard the LBM is wise and that his mustache proves it.

TRANSMIGRATION
03-19-2009, 12:20 PM
I like candy and LBM. Will my muscles rust?? I love pizza.

Your post is so true. Good or bad all memories have a place, some make us stronger and some are just lovely memories that will be with us forever. I try to spend time concentrating on my son as often as I can because time does fly by.

Good Post buddy.

LyingSac
03-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Do you really want to ditch them? I have bad experiences in my past (as does everyone), but honestly, they made me what I am today. I have no regrets.

nope...your right...that's how he learn what not to do....2nd time today i've been wrong............Sac's gonna take a nap...caio

chodan9
03-19-2009, 12:52 PM
What movie/show was the M O O N spelling from? I know it from somewhere. Was it a character with DS or something like that?

originally it was from the book "The Stand" by stephen king.
one of the key characters was a mentally challenged young man who spelled everything M O O N. they made a mini series of it a few years ago.

Awesome read for anyone who hasn't read it.

HARRYBEAST
03-19-2009, 01:02 PM
one of the key characters was a mentally challenged young man who spelled everything M O O N. they made a mini series of it a few years ago.

What book was that?

...Kennedy
03-19-2009, 01:34 PM
I get busy with life sometimes and honestly am not bright enough to come up with insightful stuff myself, so this should be a useful thread to follow.

TheLBM
03-19-2009, 02:29 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about

I agree... your past. shapes you future/

form "the stand" a BOOK By Stephen king

I have heard the LBM is wise and that his mustache proves it.
Tis so... believe it

I like candy and LBM. Will my muscles rust?? I love pizza.

Your post is so true. Good or bad all memories have a place, some make us stronger and some are just lovely memories that will be with us forever. I try to spend time concentrating on my son as often as I can because time does fly by.

Good Post buddy.
thanks bud..
there willbe another one tomorrow

YES... i love him M.O.O.N spells just about everything
LAWS YES

I get busy with life sometimes and honestly am not bright enough to come up with insightful stuff myself, so this should be a useful thread to follow.
That is the point of this thread....... hopefully, it will help people thru some of the "stuff of life"
I know,,, i have taken comfort in some of the motivators.....And my wish is.... to encourage others.

StlBarbie
03-19-2009, 06:35 PM
Thank You, Den!!! :)

HUGS!!!

TheLBM
03-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Thank You, Den!!! :)

HUGS!!!

BACK AT YOU HUN !!!!!!

TheLBM
03-20-2009, 07:40 AM
Daily Motivator
March 20, 2009

Self discipline

Self discipline is the way to turn your intentions into reality. Self discipline is the way to transform your weaknesses into strengths. Without discipline, even when you know what you want, you're unable to achieve it. Without discipline, even though you know what you don't want, you're unable to avoid it.

Self discipline is essential to living life on your own terms. It takes effort, it takes determination, it takes sacrifice, yet it is not a punishment. Rather, it is a fulfillment, the means to reaching your highest and best possibilities.

How do you "get" self discipline? You already have it. It involves nothing more than controlling your own actions, and you've been doing that since you were a child. To discipline yourself, you simply must decide to do it. The powerful tool of self discipline is yours to use whenever you're ready to start living life on your own terms.

HARRYBEAST
03-20-2009, 07:43 AM
Daily Motivator
March 20, 2009

Self discipline

Self discipline is the way to turn your intentions into reality. Self discipline is the way to transform your weaknesses into strengths. Without discipline, even when you know what you want, you're unable to achieve it. Without discipline, even though you know what you don't want, you're unable to avoid it.

Self discipline is essential to living life on your own terms. It takes effort, it takes determination, it takes sacrifice, yet it is not a punishment. Rather, it is a fulfillment, the means to reaching your highest and best possibilities.

How do you "get" self discipline? You already have it. It involves nothing more than controlling your own actions, and you've been doing that since you were a child. To discipline yourself, you simply must decide to do it. The powerful tool of self discipline is yours to use whenever you're ready to start living life on your own terms.

That's a good one.

erinlee01
03-20-2009, 07:59 AM
That's a good one.

It's an awesome one. And something most people miss.

JoelM05
03-20-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm looking forward to reading these every day. Thanks! :)

WinkBlu
03-20-2009, 08:47 AM
Self discipline

I definitely need to read this one this morning. Thank you for the great thread.

HARRYBEAST
03-20-2009, 08:53 AM
I have this written in my old workout journal:

There is nothing I can't do. There are only things that I can't do yet.

TheLBM
03-21-2009, 04:01 AM
Daily Motivator
March 21, 2009

Kindness

In any situation, you have a choice of how to react. When things are tense, frantic and hurried, stop and show a little kindness. An encouraging word, a helpful gesture, an offer of assistance or understanding can go a long way to turn things around.

It is easy to complain when things aren't going right. It is easy to criticize everyone and everything. But where does that get you? Perhaps a little kindness and understanding would help to change the situation. It certainly won't hurt.

People will respond to kindness. If you want someone on your side, if you want to persuade someone to see your point of view, one of the best ways is to approach them with sincere kindness and caring. It can diffuse a tense situation. It can help you to build rapport. And it must be sincere. It must come from the heart.

Try a little kindness, with no expectations of anything in return. It will improve your outlook, your effectiveness, and it might even lower your blood pressure! Put some kindness into the world and you'll like what the world gives back.

Arlecchino
03-21-2009, 07:10 AM
Ah, very nice. A blast from the recent past.

Thank you, good sir.

JoelM05
03-21-2009, 07:35 AM
Good stuff! Kindness....it's what's for dinner! :)

jwdjrs
03-21-2009, 08:17 AM
Nice thread buddy

TheLBM
03-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Ah, very nice. A blast from the recent past.

Thank you, good sir.
welcome bud :)

Good stuff! Kindness....it's what's for dinner! :)
that it is.

Nice thread buddy
i try bro.

djflex
03-21-2009, 06:56 PM
subbed !

SP1966
03-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Wow, I thought public service announcements took the weekend off! ;)

Great post and thread LBM!!
Thank you!

|ceman
03-22-2009, 04:59 AM
Good stuff.

TheLBM
03-22-2009, 07:31 AM
i am glad that everyone is enjoying this.... these have been a source of encouragement for me, for a long time..

Daily Motivator
March 22, 2009

Positive outlook

A positive outlook does not depend on any particular circumstance. A positive outlook costs you nothing, and yet it can bring you so very much. How can you be positive if everything is going wrong? Because a positive outlook is a great way to get things going right.

The reason to be positive is not because of what has or has not already happened. The reason to be positive is because of how your positive outlook will shape the future. It will enable you to see possibilities that exist amidst the problems and obstacles. It can energize your actions and keep you focused on moving forward.

Is it naive to be positive, or just wishful thinking? Most certainly not. Though it's foolish to ignore reality, it's even more foolish to give in to negativity when that reality gets too difficult.

Every life is filled with positive possibilities. The more you acknowledge, accept and pursue them, the better off you'll be.

JoelM05
03-22-2009, 08:03 AM
i am glad that everyone is enjoying this.... these have been a source of encouragement for me, for a long time..

Daily Motivator
March 22, 2009

Positive outlook

A positive outlook does not depend on any particular circumstance. A positive outlook costs you nothing, and yet it can bring you so very much. How can you be positive if everything is going wrong? Because a positive outlook is a great way to get things going right.

The reason to be positive is not because of what has or has not already happened. The reason to be positive is because of how your positive outlook will shape the future. It will enable you to see possibilities that exist amidst the problems and obstacles. It can energize your actions and keep you focused on moving forward.

Is it naive to be positive, or just wishful thinking? Most certainly not. Though it's foolish to ignore reality, it's even more foolish to give in to negativity when that reality gets too difficult.

Every life is filled with positive possibilities. The more you acknowledge, accept and pursue them, the better off you'll be.

This is one I try to live every day!

Roxie
03-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Excellent thread, subbed!

TheLBM
03-23-2009, 04:49 AM
Excellent thread, subbed!

cool.. nice to have you

Daily Motivator
March 23, 2009

A larger perspective

One of the most positive and effective ways to transcend your difficulties is by expanding your perspective. When you look at a bigger picture, just the change in viewpoint alone will suddenly make the problems smaller.

Does it make sense to spend all your energy fighting battles that don't really matter? Those who can see the bigger picture are able to focus on achieving bigger, more positive results.

Is something holding you down? Back away from it. Frame it within a larger perspective and you'll create more room for yourself to get around it. Are you crawling along the rocky ground, agonizing over every pebble? Or are you flying through the air, enjoying the view from 30,000 feet? The difference is one of perspective. Make yours big enough, and you'll move swiftly forward.

...Kennedy
03-23-2009, 06:20 AM
^^^ excellent advice. I remind myself of that whenever my kid is having a tantrum, that it usually only lasts for a half hour or so and that, in the long haul, it won't matter as she grows up and we move on together.

maryinmesquite
03-23-2009, 06:30 AM
cool.. nice to have you

Daily Motivator
March 23, 2009

A larger perspective

One of the most positive and effective ways to transcend your difficulties is by expanding your perspective. When you look at a bigger picture, just the change in viewpoint alone will suddenly make the problems smaller.

Does it make sense to spend all your energy fighting battles that don't really matter? Those who can see the bigger picture are able to focus on achieving bigger, more positive results.

Is something holding you down? Back away from it. Frame it within a larger perspective and you'll create more room for yourself to get around it. Are you crawling along the rocky ground, agonizing over every pebble? Or are you flying through the air, enjoying the view from 30,000 feet? The difference is one of perspective. Make yours big enough, and you'll move swiftly forward.

this is such a good lesson for raising kids ,,, but so hard while you are in the middle of it ,, especailly the teenage year with girls

TheLBM
03-24-2009, 04:40 AM
Daily Motivator
March 24, 2009

Wrapped in comfort

It's nice and comfortable to lie in bed an extra hour or so on a rainy Saturday morning. Yet if you stay in bed all day, that's not comfortable at all. Being comfortable is pleasant up to a point. After that point, the comfort is no longer desirable and can in fact become quite unpleasant. Too much comfort can smother your life.

Just as staying in bed all day would make you weary, the satisfaction of any comfort soon fades away. Eventually you ask yourself, "What's so great about being so wrapped in comfort?" And you have trouble finding an answer.

Comfort is enjoyable. Thankfully that enjoyment doesn't continue indefinitely. No matter how comfortable you may be, soon you get hungry for life, for challenge, for the opportunity to make a difference. Pay heed to that dissatisfaction. Get out of your nice warm bed while it's still nice and warm. Move beyond your comfort zone before it smothers you. There's so much more to life than mere comfort. Experience it all!

BlackPaladin
03-24-2009, 04:44 AM
Daily Motivator
March 20, 2009

Self discipline

QFT and repped.

cactusflower
03-24-2009, 05:52 AM
Look what I foud!!!! Sub'd!

JoelM05
03-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Still Sub'd!

DeTazMan
03-24-2009, 03:48 PM

The Stand.... Tom Cullins always said that

TheLBM
03-25-2009, 04:53 AM
Daily Motivator
March 25, 2009

Spread joy

When your day is filled with troubles, rejoice! You've been given a challenge worthy of your strength, and one which will build that strength even more.

Don't wait for happiness and joy to come to you. Let them come from you. Spread joy and you will know joy. Pay no mind to the circumstances. They come and go. Let your joy transcend them and transform them. The troubles of the moment will soon be history. You, on the other hand, have the privilege of being alive and able to move beyond any past disappointment, no matter how severe.

Fill your heart with joy and you'll be amazed at how many positive possibilities suddenly pop into view. Put a smile on your face and watch your actions become more effective. Spread joy to your world and feel the warmth of it coming back to you.

This is a great day to be alive. So be alive with joy and make it even better.

cactusflower
03-25-2009, 05:27 AM
Daily Motivator
March 25, 2009

Spread joy

When your day is filled with troubles, rejoice! You've been given a challenge worthy of your strength, and one which will build that strength even more.

Don't wait for happiness and joy to come to you. Let them come from you. Spread joy and you will know joy. Pay no mind to the circumstances. They come and go. Let your joy transcend them and transform them. The troubles of the moment will soon be history. You, on the other hand, have the privilege of being alive and able to move beyond any past disappointment, no matter how severe.

Fill your heart with joy and you'll be amazed at how many positive possibilities suddenly pop into view. Put a smile on your face and watch your actions become more effective. Spread joy to your world and feel the warmth of it coming back to you.

I really like that one too! Thank you for sharing :)

erinlee01
03-25-2009, 05:36 AM
That one is very applicable to me today. :)

TheLBM
03-25-2009, 06:31 AM
I really like that one too! Thank you for sharing :)

That one is very applicable to me today. :)

Glad you liked it. I totally believe in the power of positive thoughts and actions.

Hibiscus09
03-25-2009, 06:58 AM
I figure why not be happy? What are the alternatives? If people are being very grumpy, I just try to kill them with kindness. I swear, it works 95% of the time and they start getting nicer as the conversation progresses.

I just found this thread. Oopsies! :p

Thanks for the motivators Den! :)

Roxie
03-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Daily Motivator
March 25, 2009

Spread joy

I love this one!

HARRYBEAST
03-25-2009, 01:20 PM
I love this one!

Boobs. :D

Roxie
03-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Boobs. :D

BAN! :D

HARRYBEAST
03-25-2009, 01:25 PM
BAN! :D

Where have you been hiding?

TheLBM
03-26-2009, 04:03 AM
Daily Motivator
March 26, 2009

So do it

Do what needs to be done. Say what needs to be said. Listen to the things you need to hear. Learn what you need to learn. Explain what you need to explain.

Rather than constructing elaborate methods for avoiding these things, or elaborate excuses to evade them, just get them done. Instead of letting things slip and continue to weigh you down, get them done and let your actions energize you. The avoidance of effort is just as difficult as effort itself yet avoidance accomplishes nothing positive.

Success is not always easy, yet it is for the most part simple. The way to accomplishment is not hidden. It is in plain view. You can see what must be done. Stop fretting. Quit worrying. Don't complain. You know what you need to do. So do it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I NEED to implement this in my life...
just do it (no nike)

Arlecchino
03-26-2009, 04:04 AM
I am wearing Adidas.

:(

Mornin' Den.

:)

TheLBM
03-26-2009, 04:16 AM
I am wearing Adidas.

:(

Mornin' Den.

morning bud... i am posting from home today.
Was told to take the day off, as there is no work for me.
soooo these motivators come in handy. I need the added encouragement.
LOL
Hope you are feeling better and better every day.

side note I do not own a pair of nike's either.

TheLBM
03-27-2009, 04:36 AM
Daily Motivator
March 27, 2009

Ups and downs

For every disappointment you're experiencing there's a step you can take right now that will begin to move you away from that disappointment. For every weakness or limitation there's a step you can take right now that will make you stronger.

The negative things often are better at capturing your attention, yet there are just as many positive possibilities which can capture your imagination and inspire you to move ahead.

Each time a disappointment comes your way, each time you encounter a discouraging situation, challenge yourself to find something positive and compelling to offset it. The world is full of ups and downs. The quality of your life depends not on how many ups or downs come your way, but rather on where you choose to direct your focus.

|ceman
03-27-2009, 05:29 AM
Daily Motivator
March 27, 2009

Ups and downs

For every disappointment you're experiencing there's a step you can take right now that will begin to move you away from that disappointment. For every weakness or limitation there's a step you can take right now that will make you stronger.

The negative things often are better at capturing your attention, yet there are just as many positive possibilities which can capture your imagination and inspire you to move ahead.

Each time a disappointment comes your way, each time you encounter a discouraging situation, challenge yourself to find something positive and compelling to offset it. The world is full of ups and downs. The quality of your life depends not on how many ups or downs come your way, but rather on where you choose to direct your focus.
Priceless.

TheLBM
03-27-2009, 06:30 AM
Priceless.

ya,, that one really got me as well.

maryinmesquite
03-27-2009, 06:33 AM
thanks, i have been having a pity party because of no job and these help

TheLBM
03-27-2009, 06:37 AM
thanks, i have been having a pity party because of no job and these help

sucks about your job :(
My hours have been cut,, so i can sorta sympathize.
Hope you find something real soon !!!!!

maryinmesquite
03-27-2009, 06:40 AM
sucks about your job :(
My hours have been cut,, so i can sorta sympathize.
Hope you find something real soon !!!!!

it is everywhere , the guy across the street was laid off, and the guy next door his hours were cut in half and all of us are in totally unrelated fields of work

TheLBM
03-27-2009, 06:41 AM
it is everywhere , the guy across the street was laid off, and the guy next door his hours were cut in half and all of us are in totally unrelated fields of work

It is really rough out there right now.
I been looking for some part time stuff.. i got nothing
looked on monster and career builder and craigs list.
I feel bad for you hun

maryinmesquite
03-27-2009, 06:47 AM
It is really rough out there right now.
I been looking for some part time stuff.. i got nothing
looked on monster and career builder and craigs list.
I feel bad for you hun

thank you , i really think i may do some landscape work on the side ,, i have alot of knowledge about plants and love to work in the yard , and people pay well for that service ,, and im strong as a ox so i can throw around bags of mulch,,, good cardio

TheLBM
03-27-2009, 06:54 AM
thank you , i really think i may do some landscape work on the side ,, i have alot of knowledge about plants and love to work in the yard , and people pay well for that service ,, and im strong as a ox so i can throw around bags of mulch,,, good cardio

good plan,,, plus you will be outside, which is a huge bonus.

maryinmesquite
03-27-2009, 06:57 AM
good plan,,, plus you will be outside, which is a huge bonus.

i love outdoors , some people really hate texas heat but i guess im use to it and it doesnt really bother me

JoelM05
03-27-2009, 07:00 AM
Daily Motivator
March 27, 2009

Ups and downs

This is something I have fought with for years, I'm starting to figure it out now.
I printed this one out...

Roxie
03-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Where have you been hiding?Away from you LOLOL

Daily Motivator
March 26, 2009

So do it

Do what needs to be done. Say what needs to be said. Listen to the things you need to hear. Learn what you need to learn. Explain what you need to explain.

Rather than constructing elaborate methods for avoiding these things, or elaborate excuses to evade them, just get them done. Instead of letting things slip and continue to weigh you down, get them done and let your actions energize you. The avoidance of effort is just as difficult as effort itself yet avoidance accomplishes nothing positive.

Success is not always easy, yet it is for the most part simple. The way to accomplishment is not hidden. It is in plain view. You can see what must be done. Stop fretting. Quit worrying. Don't complain. You know what you need to do. So do it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I NEED to implement this in my life...
just do it (no nike)I saved this one!

TheLBM
03-28-2009, 03:24 AM
Daily Motivator
March 28, 2009

Living with it

You'll only live this day once, yet you will live with it for the rest of your life. Today you have the opportunity to take action, to make things happen, to create, to express yourself, to be with those you love, to experience the beauty that's around you.

Yet once the day is done, it's done. You can't rewind and go back. You must get it right the first time.

The way you spend this day will have repercussions which will echo through your life for years. You have the opportunity right now to control whether you'll look back on today with satisfaction or with regret.

So what will it be? That's up to you. Today is here right now. It's your opportunity to fill your life with value and meaning. Make it a day you can continue to live with and enjoy.

Arlecchino
03-28-2009, 04:10 AM
Very nice.

TheLBM
03-29-2009, 07:45 AM
Daily Motivator
March 29, 2009

Give yourself a challenge

Are you tired and weary? Do you need something that will energize your life and get you going?

Try taking on a difficult and meaningful challenge. Is there something you've always told yourself you would do someday, something that will force you to move out of your comfort zone. Well, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and make to commitment to pursue that dream.

Give yourself a good, difficult challenge -- something you truly want to achieve and something that will compel you to grow in the process. Once you dive into that challenge, it will energize every area of your life.

Why do people climb mountains? Why do billionaires who have enough money for 1,000 lifetimes work to create even more business? Because they understand the value of challenge. Give yourself a hefty challenge and watch your life move rapidly forward.

TheLBM
03-30-2009, 04:47 AM
Daily Motivator
March 30, 2009

The richness of life

In the end, it requires just as much effort to live poorly as it does to live richly. And filling your life with richness is a whole lot more fun. As long as you're going to put in the time and effort to go through the day, doesn't it make sense to get the very most you can from it?

Most of your perceived limitations are not really limitations at all. They're simply boundaries that you've set for yourself. Have you ever wondered what's outside those boundaries? Perhaps today would be a good day to find out.

Your expectations do a good job of keeping you in line. What you get from life is just about exactly what you expect. So here's a powerful suggestion -- start expecting more!

You are filled with possibilities and you live in a world full of opportunities. Resolve right now to make the most of it all. You are worth it, you can do it, and you'll be so glad you did.

rpaul11
03-30-2009, 04:56 AM
Daily Motivator
March 30, 2009

The richness of life

In the end, it requires just as much effort to live poorly as it does to live richly. And filling your life with richness is a whole lot more fun. As long as you're going to put in the time and effort to go through the day, doesn't it make sense to get the very most you can from it?

Most of your perceived limitations are not really limitations at all. They're simply boundaries that you've set for yourself. Have you ever wondered what's outside those boundaries? Perhaps today would be a good day to find out.

Your expectations do a good job of keeping you in line. What you get from life is just about exactly what you expect. So here's a powerful suggestion -- start expecting more!

You are filled with possibilities and you live in a world full of opportunities. Resolve right now to make the most of it all. You are worth it, you can do it, and you'll be so glad you did.

HMMMMMM I generally don't reat these D....but I decided to drop in and see how you were doing and DAMN....That one really hit home for me :o

erinlee01
03-30-2009, 05:44 AM
Great one today! I definitely agree with this!

Arlecchino
03-30-2009, 05:45 AM
Do not post things that actually require me to think.

:D

TheLBM
03-30-2009, 07:03 AM
HMMMMMM I generally don't reat these D....but I decided to drop in and see how you were doing and DAMN....That one really hit home for me :o
glad you liked it.. alot of them really hit home with me.

Great one today! I definitely agree with this!
Morning

Do not post things that actually require me to think.

sorry :D

HoosierHardGain
03-30-2009, 07:04 AM

Ain't this the truth!

cactusflower
03-30-2009, 07:05 AM
Daily Motivator
March 30, 2009

The richness of life

I like this one! :)

TheLBM
03-30-2009, 07:07 AM
Ain't this the truth!
It really is.. thinking outside the box and believing anything is possible.

I like this one! :)

Morning CF. :)

cactusflower
03-30-2009, 07:09 AM
It really is.. thinking outside the box and believing anything is possible.

Morning CF. :)

Good morning sir! :D

TheLBM
03-31-2009, 04:55 AM
Daily Motivator
March 31, 2009

Comfortable doubts

Have your doubts become too comfortable? It's easier to doubt than it is to do. When you doubt that you can accomplish something, the doubt gives you a nice, comfortable place to hide, a reason for not making the effort.

Yet if you keep piling up one doubt on top of another, soon there's no room left for your dreams, your goals, your ambitions. When you seek refuge in the comfort of your doubts, you close yourself off from all the positive possibilities in your life. After a while even the comfort fades, as regret sets in -- regret for opportunities missed that will never come again.

If you fail to prove your doubts wrong, they will eventually prove themselves right. Don't allow that to happen. Get up, get going and make those doubts look foolish. As soon as you start to take action, the doubts begin to fade. The longer you remain committed to your goals, the weaker your doubts become.

Rather than seeking comfort in your doubts, build confidence in your actions.

cactusflower
03-31-2009, 05:43 AM
Daily Motivator
March 31, 2009

Comfortable doubts

Have your doubts become too comfortable? It's easier to doubt than it is to do. When you doubt that you can accomplish something, the doubt gives you a nice, comfortable place to hide, a reason for not making the effort.

Yet if you keep piling up one doubt on top of another, soon there's no room left for your dreams, your goals, your ambitions. When you seek refuge in the comfort of your doubts, you close yourself off from all the positive possibilities in your life. After a while even the comfort fades, as regret sets in -- regret for opportunities missed that will never come again.

If you fail to prove your doubts wrong, they will eventually prove themselves right. Don't allow that to happen. Get up, get going and make those doubts look foolish. As soon as you start to take action, the doubts begin to fade. The longer you remain committed to your goals, the weaker your doubts become.

Excellent! :)

Manuel73
03-31-2009, 11:18 AM
Daily Motivator
March 31, 2009

Comfortable doubts

just stopping by .......hope everything is good with u :)

TheLBM
04-01-2009, 04:42 AM
just stopping by .......hope everything is good with u :)

hat buddy,, some of us miss you in these parts.. you should come on more often!!

I LOVE THIS ONE,, who hasnt been feeling like this before.

Daily Motivator
April 1, 2009

Choose to be free

If you think of yourself as a victim, stop that thought right now. Nothing positive will come of it. No matter what has brought you to where you are, it is up to you to move yourself forward. Have forces beyond your control injured you or held you back? Of course they have. Do you really want to depend on those same forces to move you forward?

Though others may be to blame for your situation, you are nonetheless responsible for it. Though you may have many excellent reasons to feel sorry for yourself, such pity will not add anything of value to your life.

If you see yourself as a victim, it is because you have chosen to do so. Does that sound harsh and uncaring? Then keep this in mind. There are many who have suffered even more than you, who have chosen not to be a victim, who have chosen instead to live life on their own terms.

You can choose to be responsible and by so doing you can choose to be free.

Manuel73
04-01-2009, 09:27 AM
hat buddy,, some of us miss you in these parts.. you should come on more often!!

thx buddy ....i do miss u all too, ......time is my problem but i'm trying to stay more often this time, i'm glad to see you're ok :D

TheLBM
04-02-2009, 04:46 AM
Daily Motivator
April 2, 2009

What you can do

You erect walls to keep other people out, yet those walls end up keeping you confined as a prisoner. Knock down those walls. Push out the boundaries you have imposed on yourself.

You live only for the moment, and get nothing of lasting value in return. Start making those moments count by raising your expectations, by living for something bigger and more meaningful.

You take the easiest, least challenging course, and it leads to the hardest life. So start making life better for yourself by embracing the challenges and the value that can come from working to overcome them.

What can you do to improve your life? You can start by looking for ways to improve yourself. There are plenty of possibilities. What are you doing that is holding you back? Does it make any sense to continue that behavior? Decide to give yourself the best that life has to offer

JoelM05
04-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Daily Motivator
April 2, 2009

What you can do

You erect walls to keep other people out, yet those walls end up keeping you confined as a prisoner. Knock down those walls. Push out the boundaries you have imposed on yourself.

You live only for the moment, and get nothing of lasting value in return. Start making those moments count by raising your expectations, by living for something bigger and more meaningful.

You take the easiest, least challenging course, and it leads to the hardest life. So start making life better for yourself by embracing the challenges and the value that can come from working to overcome them.

What can you do to improve your life? You can start by looking for ways to improve yourself. There are plenty of possibilities. What are you doing that is holding you back? Does it make any sense to continue that behavior? Decide to give yourself the best that life has to offer

I seriously needed to read this today! Thanks! :)

TheLBM
04-02-2009, 09:15 AM
I seriously needed to read this today! Thanks! :)

walls to keep people out are a common thing.

erinlee01
04-02-2009, 09:26 AM
walls to keep people out are a common thing.

I am VERY guilty of that. And once they are down, they don't stay down. They go right back up if something happens.

TheLBM
04-02-2009, 09:37 AM
I am VERY guilty of that. And once they are down, they don't stay down. They go right back up if something happens.

It is easy to put them back up,, i know all about that.

JoelM05
04-02-2009, 09:37 AM

Exactly. I locked myself in the house today, so I have BIG walls up right now. :D

TheLBM
04-03-2009, 07:05 AM
Daily Motivator
April 3, 2009

Go ahead and imagine

Right now you are creating yourself. Your thoughts, your beliefs, your actions, your decisions, the things you say, the songs you sing, your hopes, your prayers, the things you learn all go into making the person you are, and the person you are to become. Every moment you're in the process of creating a person who is like no other, a life that is special.

It is an opportunity which has no equal in this world, and it is yours. Some people will take that opportunity and really run with it. Indeed, it is difficult to imagine why anyone would want to do anything less.

Right now you are moving steadily toward being the person you will become. Right now you have the opportunity to fashion a life that is as splendid as anything you can imagine. So go ahead and imagine, because you're already busy making it so.

cactusflower
04-03-2009, 07:12 AM
Daily Motivator
April 3, 2009

Go ahead and imagine

Right now you are creating yourself. Your thoughts, your beliefs, your actions, your decisions, the things you say, the songs you sing, your hopes, your prayers, the things you learn all go into making the person you are, and the person you are to become. Every moment you're in the process of creating a person who is like no other, a life that is special.

It is an opportunity which has no equal in this world, and it is yours. Some people will take that opportunity and really run with it. Indeed, it is difficult to imagine why anyone would want to do anything less.

Right now you are moving steadily toward being the person you will become. Right now you have the opportunity to fashion a life that is as splendid as anything you can imagine. So go ahead and imagine, because you're already busy making it so.

OMG!!!! So fitting!!!

Thx !

StlBarbie
04-03-2009, 07:13 AM
I have to laugh Den, when I don't get your daily motivator out early ....... folks start emailing me for them .......... LMAO!!!!! :)

Keep up the AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are touchin' a lot of lives here, buddy!!! :)

JoelM05
04-03-2009, 07:34 AM
This one kind of goes along with the first line of my sig. I like it a lot!

TheLBM
04-03-2009, 08:49 AM
OMG!!!! So fitting!!!

Thx !
Tell me about it..
and
your welcome hun :)

I have to laugh Den, when I don't get your daily motivator out early ....... folks start emailing me for them .......... LMAO!!!!! :)

Keep up the AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are touchin' a lot of lives here, buddy!!! :)
I try to post first thing in the morning...
I am really glad that you are using these to help others.
Sounds like YOU are the one changing peoples lives, i am just
glad that i can be a part of it..

PS.... Hope to meet you at Camp Fitty in july.
If Fitty will allow me to attend, that is

This one kind of goes along with the first line of my sig. I like it a lot!

I like the first line of your sig..
comes from Proverbs 23:7
(yes i read the Bible everyday)

Arlecchino
04-03-2009, 09:46 AM
your welcome hun :)

Thank you dear.

TheLBM
04-03-2009, 09:47 AM
Thank you dear.

you sexy vixen,, you :D

TheLBM
04-04-2009, 07:19 AM
Daily Motivator
April 4, 2009

Bigger than you

If it were not for those who devote their lives, and who often give their lives, for a cause bigger than themselves, the world would be an entirely different place than it is today. We enjoy freedom because so many have served its cause and died for it. We benefit from knowledge, wisdom and faith because of all who have devoted their lives to advancing them.

Each day you have an opportunity to continue that legacy and to expand upon its goodness. When you live your moments in the service of something bigger than yourself, you experience a fulfillment that goes beyond anything you could possibly find in self-centered pursuits.

Take care of yourself, to be sure. That is your responsibility. Take care of your world as well, and make sure to leave each place you go, each person you meet, each moment you live, better off than you found them, better for your having been a part of them. That is the highest possible expression and expansion of yourself.

Roxie
04-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Very nice ones posted since I last been on :)

HC
04-05-2009, 05:40 AM
morning Den! how did I miss this thread??

and each day IS an opportunity :)

TheLBM
04-05-2009, 07:12 AM
morning Den! how did I miss this thread??

and each day IS an opportunity :)

morning hun. Glad you found this :)

Daily Motivator
April 5, 2009

Great ideas

You've got a lot of great ideas. They come to you every day. Perhaps you're too busy to notice them. Perhaps you're so busy being worried or frustrated or stressed out that you fail to appreciate them. Or perhaps you notice the ideas, but fail to take action on them.

That's too bad. Because the ideas you have can be the seeds of greatness in your life. When you nurture them, put your commitment and effort into working on them, make them stronger by challenging them, and give them room to grow, your ideas can bring incredible value to your life.

Pay attention to your ideas. Write them down before you forget about them. Come back a few days later and look objectively at each one. Add some more supporting ideas. Let your natural creative process take hold.

Then get to work on them. Ideas alone aren't worth very much, yet when you put some focused, persistent effort into them they can turn into something magnificent.

TheLBM
04-06-2009, 04:49 AM
Daily Motivator
April 6, 2009

Keep going

If you've already achieved some success today, keep going. Build on that momentum and you'll achieve even more. If you've known nothing but frustration and disappointment today, keep going. Change your approach based on what you've learned and you'll get yourself where you want to go.

Through it all, keep going. The only way to lose is to give up. The only way to win is to persist. It's a clear choice. You can give up now, you can settle for less, or you can continue for as long as it takes to achieve what you've set out to achieve.

Time will pass no matter what you do. Time will keep on going. Your best strategy is to keep on going, too. Make use of every moment.

When you're exhausted, get some rest. Then get back up and keep on going. You are destined to make things happen. You are here to make a difference. Keep on going, and in the persistence of your efforts, you'll find a level of joy and fulfillment that you otherwise could not know.

TheLBM
04-07-2009, 08:42 AM
Daily Motivator
April 7, 2009

Buried or lifted?

If you find yourself at the bottom of a deep hole in the ground, and somebody starts shoveling dirt into the hole, what are you going to do?

Are you going to give up and resign yourself to being buried, or are you going to step up on top of each fresh mound of dirt until you're finally able to step out of the hole? It all depends on whether you look at the dirt as something that will bury you or as something that can lift you higher.

In short, it's a matter of attitude and perspective. Every day, problems, frustrations, challenges and uncertainty are heaped upon you. They can bury you if you let them. Or, they can lift you if you'll step up to them.

Which will it be? Don't stand still and let yourself get buried when, with a bit of effort, you can use the very same situation to lift yourself up.

TheLBM
04-08-2009, 08:08 AM
Daily Motivator
April 8, 2009

Enjoy having it done

One of the biggest burdens you can create for yourself is to put off something that needs to be done. When there's a task that you've put off until later, it hangs over everything you do. It drags you down and brings unnecessary stress.

Is there something you've been putting off, something you could do right now, something that needs to be done? Why wait any longer? Go ahead and free yourself from its burden. Go ahead and get it done.

It will free your energy. It will free your time. It will free your mind and your spirit. You're going to have to do it eventually, so get it done as soon as possible and avoid letting it drag you down any longer.

Don't let procrastination drain the life out of you. Get it done now and start enjoying the fruits of your labor. You'll feel great to have it done.

JoelM05
04-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Every one of these seems to apply to me! :D Awesome!

TheLBM
04-09-2009, 04:43 AM
Every one of these seems to apply to me! :D Awesome!

me too ;)

Daily Motivator
April 9, 2009

Expect to improve

Reach a little higher today than yesterday. Raise your expectations a little bit more. After all, you're wiser and more experienced than you were even just a day ago. In fact, you now have more knowledge and more experience than you've ever had before in your life.

Even if yesterday was a total disaster, you've at least learned something from it. And if yesterday was full of success, you've learned from that as well. The bottom line is that you're more experienced, more aware of what works and what doesn't work.

So reach higher today than you did yesterday. And resolve to reach even higher tomorrow. As time goes on you're continually growing and improving, so you might as well take advantage of that.

Reach higher, and you'll attain more. Expect more of yourself, and those expectations will soon become your reality. Each day provides ample opportunity for improvement. So expect to improve. And you will.

maryinmesquite
04-09-2009, 05:16 AM
Daily Motivator
April 8, 2009

Enjoy having it done

One of the biggest burdens you can create for yourself is to put off something that needs to be done. When there's a task that you've put off until later, it hangs over everything you do. It drags you down and brings unnecessary stress.

Is there something you've been putting off, something you could do right now, something that needs to be done? Why wait any longer? Go ahead and free yourself from its burden. Go ahead and get it done.

It will free your energy. It will free your time. It will free your mind and your spirit. You're going to have to do it eventually, so get it done as soon as possible and avoid letting it drag you down any longer.

Don't let procrastination drain the life out of you. Get it done now and start enjoying the fruits of your labor. You'll feel great to have it done.

thanks den for the kick in the pants , being unemployed has made me very lethargic, i have a very bad attitude right now , i need to get off my behind and move forward , make today a better day

TheLBM
04-10-2009, 06:49 AM
Daily Motivator
April 10, 2009

Boldly forward

Be bold. There is no guarantee of success, but there is the guarantee of failure when you don't even make an attempt. Though there is no guarantee of success, you significantly increase the probability of your own success as soon as you take the first step forward.

Boldly take that first step, and the next one, and the next. Suddenly the goal looks infinitely more attainable. Suddenly you will know with confidence that it is within your reach.

Be willing to do whatever is necessary. Doing almost everything necessary is not nearly enough. If you're going to make the effort, then make the full and complete effort. Otherwise it's just a waste of your precious time and energy.

There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don't allow yourself to become one of them. You can meet the challenges, you can overcome those obstacles, you can achieve success by boldly stepping forward. Once you do, you'll wonder why you ever hesitated.

erinlee01
04-10-2009, 06:54 AM
I love the line about not becoming an obstacle yourself. It is so true that we hold ourselves back sometimes.

TheLBM
04-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Daily Motivator
April 11, 2009

Yours for a reason

Who have you always dreamed of becoming? What have you always dreamed of doing? How have you always dreamed of living?

There are dreams, and then there are dreams. There are dreams which are merely fantasies and then there are the ones you actually bring to life with your time, your effort and your commitment. The dreams you bring to life are the dreams that have the power to change your life and to change the whole world for the better.

How much life are you giving to your dreams? How much energy do you put into living life on your own terms, into fulfilling the special possibilities that are yours and yours alone?

Take the time and listen to your heart. Invest your time and energy in following your highest and best dreams. They are yours for a reason. Follow your dreams. In so doing you'll bring out your best while contributing to life, and the world around you, in your own special way.

TheLBM
04-12-2009, 07:08 AM
Daily Motivator
April 12, 2009

There is a way
After striving for a while and making little or no headway, we're tempted to give up. That's why most people never enjoy any significant kind of success. The winners in life realize that lack of progress is not a reason to give up, but rather a reason to adjust the approach. If one way is not working, there are probably a hundred, or a thousand other approaches that haven't yet been attempted.

There is a way to get where you want to go. If the first few attempts fall short, keep looking for another way. Learn what you can from your disappointing results, and then try a different approach.

Practice being persistent without being stubborn. There's no need to keep doing something that doesn't work. Yet there is no reason to give up. There is a way, and you'll find it when you persist.

Finding yourself at a dead end does not in itself prevent you from reaching your destination. There's another road that will take you there. Keep looking and you'll find it.

TheLBM
04-13-2009, 04:42 AM
Daily Motivator
April 13, 2009

Is it worth it?
Of what value are negative thoughts? What great thing has ever been accomplished by someone who truly believed that he could not do it? How much time do you devote to anger? How much energy do you spend on resentment? How much of your effort goes toward envy or revenge? What value will these things ever provide?

Everything has a cost. If you let someone make you angry, you've given a precious part of yourself away to them. Is it worth it? What will it get you? If you let something get you down, it just steals away that much of your life.

You can't really control what other people do, or what they say. Yet you have complete control over the way you respond to the people and events around you. Seeing everything as negative, will accomplish nothing. Make the effort to stay positively focused, regardless of the situation. Look for the good and you will find it. Transcend the need for wasteful negativity, and you'll have more than enough energy for abundant success and fulfillment.

erinlee01
04-13-2009, 05:32 AM
Another great one - especially the line about controlling how you react to others! :)

cactusflower
04-13-2009, 05:41 AM
Daily Motivator
April 13, 2009

Is it worth it?
Of what value are negative thoughts? What great thing has ever been accomplished by someone who truly believed that he could not do it? How much time do you devote to anger? How much energy do you spend on resentment? How much of your effort goes toward envy or revenge? What value will these things ever provide?

Everything has a cost. If you let someone make you angry, you've given a precious part of yourself away to them. Is it worth it? What will it get you? If you let something get you down, it just steals away that much of your life.

You can't really control what other people do, or what they say. Yet you have complete control over the way you respond to the people and events around you. Seeing everything as negative, will accomplish nothing. Make the effort to stay positively focused, regardless of the situation. Look for the good and you will find it. Transcend the need for wasteful negativity, and you'll have more than enough energy for abundant success and fulfillment.

I love this, thank you! :)

TheLBM
04-13-2009, 06:12 AM
Another great one - especially the line about controlling how you react to others! :)

I love this, thank you! :)

I really liked this one as well.

jtroster
04-13-2009, 06:21 AM
If you let someone make you angry, you've given a precious part of yourself away to them.
This makes a good tag line.

TheLBM
04-14-2009, 04:44 AM
Daily Motivator
April 14, 2009

Act quickly
Problems don't go away by themselves, but opportunities do. If you wait for problems to just disappear, they usually get more serious. And if you dawdle while opportunity is knocking, it soon will leave and knock on someone else's door.

If something needs doing, get right on it. Be patient, yes, but do so while taking action. If you're reluctant to do something that needs to be done, consider that it will only get worse, the longer you wait.

How would you like to have super-human strength? Act quickly, and you can solve 10 problems with the same effort it would take to deal with just one problem which has been avoided and grown to serious proportions. The faster you take action, the more effective you can be.

Certainly you don't want to jump without looking, but as soon as you've decided what needs to be done, get busy doing it. Time is your most precious resource and the less time you wait to get started, the less time you'll spend doing it. Get on it right now!

cactusflower
04-14-2009, 05:47 AM
I've come to the conclusion you write these yourself. ;)

TheLBM
04-14-2009, 05:51 AM
I've come to the conclusion you write these yourself. ;)

ummmmmmmmmm http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/jazzie1016/nodog.jpg

I am no where near that wise or intuitive.

cactusflower
04-14-2009, 05:54 AM
ummmmmmmmmm http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b182/jazzie1016/nodog.jpg

I am no where near that wise or intuitive.

lol you are probably being modest ;)

TheLBM
04-14-2009, 05:55 AM
lol you are probably being modest ;)

sorry hun :(
But i copy and paste.. i can do that like a mother :D

cactusflower
04-14-2009, 05:57 AM
sorry hun :(
But i copy and paste.. i can do that like a mother :D

bahahahahaha ;)

JoelM05
04-14-2009, 04:23 PM
Daily Motivator
April 14, 2009

Act quickly
Problems don't go away by themselves, but opportunities do. If you wait for problems to just disappear, they usually get more serious. And if you dawdle while opportunity is knocking, it soon will leave and knock on someone else's door.

If something needs doing, get right on it. Be patient, yes, but do so while taking action. If you're reluctant to do something that needs to be done, consider that it will only get worse, the longer you wait.

How would you like to have super-human strength? Act quickly, and you can solve 10 problems with the same effort it would take to deal with just one problem which has been avoided and grown to serious proportions. The faster you take action, the more effective you can be.

Certainly you don't want to jump without looking, but as soon as you've decided what needs to be done, get busy doing it. Time is your most precious resource and the less time you wait to get started, the less time you'll spend doing it. Get on it right now!

Get out of my head!! :)

onebigc
04-14-2009, 05:13 PM
I'm here to motivate the OP to post more.

TheLBM
04-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Get out of my head!! :)

I'm here to motivate the OP to post more.
one per day.. thats the way it works. Sorry.
Please come back tomorrow

cactusflower
04-14-2009, 06:42 PM

one per day.. thats the way it works. Sorry.
Please come back tomorrow
lol that made laugh...

TheLBM
04-15-2009, 04:38 AM
Daily Motivator
April 15, 2009

Ask by offering
How do you ask for what you desire? Receiving what you ask for is primarily a matter of asking in an effective way.

Begging is not an effective way of asking. Begging puts you at the mercy of the other person. Demanding is not a particularly effective way of asking, either. Demanding things quickly uses up whatever power you may have.

An ideal way to ask is to offer. When you offer, you put yourself in a powerful position. You make yourself much more difficult to deny. Think about it. If someone were constantly begging you for something, or constantly demanding things of you, how willing would you be to comply? Yet if someone were offering you something of value in return, think about what a difference that would make.

You have plenty of valuable things to offer -- your time, your experience, your knowledge, your attention, your understanding. There's never any reason to beg. There's rarely any reason to demand. Effectively get whatever you desire by making a compelling offer.

Arlecchino
04-15-2009, 04:39 AM
An offer you can't refuse?

Morning Den.

TheLBM
04-15-2009, 04:42 AM
An offer you can't refuse?

Morning Den.

morning bud.. you get all that kermi **** cleared up?
jeepers what a fiasco

Arlecchino
04-15-2009, 04:56 AM
morning bud.. you get all that kermi **** cleared up?
jeepers what a fiasco

It will be an ongoing thing. One guy gets banned, and he takes it out on everyone he ever got into it with. Pathetic the lack of life some people have.

|ceman
04-15-2009, 05:01 AM
It will be an ongoing thing. One guy gets banned, and he takes it out on everyone he ever got into it with. Pathetic the lack of life some people have.

:confused:

Can someone aware me, please? I don't hit the misc much anymore. PM is fine to keep Den's thread clean.

Arlecchino
04-15-2009, 05:11 AM
:confused:

Can someone aware me, please? I don't hit the misc much anymore. PM is fine to keep Den's thread clean.

Will send momentarily.

HC
04-15-2009, 06:14 AM
It's really crazy. There use to be lulz...not any more - hell I don't even want to post much cuz of all that.

Love the motivations Den...I have been struggling lately.

Arlecchino
04-15-2009, 06:19 AM

Here's motivation just for you: Get over it or I will put my boot in your ass.

HC
04-15-2009, 06:26 AM
Here's motivation just for you: Get over it or I will put my boot in your ass.

lol - it's not fitness that's the problem...it's work motivation - serious customer problems...maybe you can put a boot in their asses!!!

TheLBM
04-15-2009, 06:37 AM
It's really crazy. There use to be lulz...not any more - hell I don't even want to post much cuz of all that.

Sorry about your struggles hun :( that sucks.

And i here ya,,, all the account hacking and negativity on here.
Every now and again i will come across a thread that is funny and has
funny posts in it, but that is becoming few and far between.

Arch,,, if you go out there to "foot in ass" of her customers,,, count me in :D

GottaBeHUGE
04-15-2009, 01:30 PM
LBM is the man I'm not 35 so no flame, but these things get me motivated at the worse times, so something must be working : )

TheLBM
04-16-2009, 04:43 AM
LBM is the man I'm not 35 so no flame, but these things get me motivated at the worse times, so something must be working : )

I am sure no one will flame you.:)

Thursday, April 16, 2009
Keep going
On the other side of the challenge there is a great reward. Keep going.

When you've made the effort and cannot yet see the result, keep going. The very next step could be the one that brings you across the finish line.

When you become weary, remind yourself why you started in the first place. Connect with your true purpose, and feel the energy begin to flow through you again.

Smile and laugh and have a good time on the journey. Be kind and considerate, thoughtful and helpful, and your load will feel lighter, your steps will come more quickly.

As long as you keep going, every inch of progress will make you stronger. Every moment will bring you closer to the goal.

Consider what a joy and a privilege it is to be able to make a difference. Feel that joy, keep going, and make your world brighter with each step you take.

albear1966
04-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Gotta say thanks LBM.
I have to deal with the biggest bunch of whiny, panic struck, spineless idiots every flippin' day. Reading your post daily helps me press my "reset", to get into the right frame of mind to cope!
You da man! Please keep 'em coming.

TheLBM
04-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Friday, April 17, 2009
Be the fulfillment
Instead of looking for the answer outside yourself, be the answer you seek. Instead of striving to attain fulfillment, be the fulfillment of your most impassioned stirrings.

The problems you face are yours precisely because you have what it takes to successfully address them. The situations you encounter provide fertile ground upon which you more fully become the best you can be.

The joys and the pains, the achievements and the disappointments, the frustrations and the victories all serve to move you forward. You are destined and well equipped to successfully navigate through each fascinating and valuable turn of events in your world.

You've already come a long way, and that depth of experience continues to serve you well. As the challenges come, as the opportunities appear, your ability to make a difference grows ever stronger and more valuable.

Greet each day with the satisfaction and confidence of knowing that you can adjust and adapt and build and create and thrive. Use the unique energy that is your very own in the service of meaningful and positive purpose.

Work to be the living fulfillment of the best you can imagine. Feel the dream and make it real.

JoelM05
04-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Friday, April 17, 2009
Be the fulfillment
Instead of looking for the answer outside yourself, be the answer you seek. Instead of striving to attain fulfillment, be the fulfillment of your most impassioned stirrings.

The problems you face are yours precisely because you have what it takes to successfully address them. The situations you encounter provide fertile ground upon which you more fully become the best you can be.

The joys and the pains, the achievements and the disappointments, the frustrations and the victories all serve to move you forward. You are destined and well equipped to successfully navigate through each fascinating and valuable turn of events in your world.

You've already come a long way, and that depth of experience continues to serve you well. As the challenges come, as the opportunities appear, your ability to make a difference grows ever stronger and more valuable.

Greet each day with the satisfaction and confidence of knowing that you can adjust and adapt and build and create and thrive. Use the unique energy that is your very own in the service of meaningful and positive purpose.

Work to be the living fulfillment of the best you can imagine. Feel the dream and make it real.

I've been waiting for this. :) It's almost like I have to read them every day.

TheLBM
04-17-2009, 02:21 PM
I've been waiting for this. :) It's almost like I have to read them every day.

I slept in this morning :o
So i was a little later than usual.

JoelM05
04-17-2009, 02:23 PM
I slept in this morning :o
So i was a little later than usual.
Sleeping in is good for the soul. It doesn't hurt you body any either!

TheLBM
04-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Value already yours
When you take something for granted, you can quickly forget that it's even there. If you take it for granted long enough, it may in fact be gone the next time you look for it.

Why is gratitude so very powerful? Because it keeps you connected to all the good things in your life.

Don't let the immense value that's already yours wander away because of neglect. Take time to remember, take time to celebrate and be grateful, and take time to say thank you.

Instead of continually wishing for more, take a loving and thankful look at all that you already have. By sincerely appreciating what's already yours, you can build upon it to reach any dream you could possibly imagine.

Make it a habit to reflect each day on how truly fortunate you are. It is your awareness that enables your richest blessings to continue unfolding and expanding throughout your world.

See the beauty that's already there, and the value that's already yours. It is more than enough to propel you positively and meaningfully forward.

-- Ralph Marston

TheLBM
04-20-2009, 04:33 AM
Monday, April 20, 2009
New prosperity
Wake up, open your eyes and look around you. Opportunity is everywhere.

There is plenty of work to be done. And there are all sorts of effective, fulfilling ways to do it.

The world is alive with all kinds of challenges. Pick a particularly difficult and meaningful one, creatively work your way through it, and bring new prosperity to yourself and others.

Jump into the real-life adventure that sparkles beneath the rising sun each morning. A new day filled with richness is ready to be lived.

Fortune favors those who choose to see it coming. Prosperity belongs to those who work to bring it to life.

Report for duty in the service of your highest vision. This is when life gets good.

Arlecchino
04-20-2009, 04:56 AM
Are you aware you posted Saturday's motivator on Sunday?

TheLBM
04-20-2009, 07:02 AM

I am now :o

|ceman
04-20-2009, 07:33 AM

Thanks for the demotivation, discourager.

GottaBeHUGE
04-20-2009, 02:45 PM
The 17th was my birthday and was a good one to motivate myself to get going in the right direction.

TheLBM
04-21-2009, 04:46 AM
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Act on who you are
When in doubt about what to do, chose the kindest option. When you're not sure about how much to give of yourself, err on the side of generosity.

When you feel the urge to do something nice for someone else, don't make excuses for why you can't. Just go ahead and make it happen.

Give your attention to your thoughts. And at the same time, pay heed to the intelligence within you that transcends those thoughts.

Without hesitation, go with what you know is right. Act on that little voice that may sound crazy but that feels so true.

Everything you've ever experienced is embedded in your wisdom. Though you cannot consciously remember it all, you can still allow it all to guide you.

Have the confidence to act on who you are and what you know, even if you sometimes cannot explain why. Authenticity is always the best choice.

-- Ralph Marston

TheLBM
04-22-2009, 04:38 AM
Daily Motivator
April 22, 2009

Think wisely
You have the ability, through your thoughts and your efforts, to create something that has never existed before. And you have the power to choose what that will be.

It is at once a magnificent opportunity and an awesome responsibility. Your thoughts are ultimately chosen by you. Your actions, and their results, will be determined by the things you think about and the things to which you pay attention.

All achievements begin in the mind, and there is no limit to what the mind can think. Everything that anyone has ever invented, built, written, performed, produced or otherwise created, began to take shape first as a conscious thought. Put your highest and best thoughts into disciplined action over a long enough period of time, and you'll create a masterpiece.

What you think about, is what you will do. And what you think about, is up to you.

JoelM05
04-22-2009, 03:54 PM
I had to bump this because it was right next to the "sinkers and floaters" thread. :D

Arlecchino
04-23-2009, 01:57 AM
<=== This guy is motivated enough to be in here before the sluggards who are still asleep.

So there.

DAVEZILLA
04-23-2009, 02:47 AM
Daily Motivator
April 22, 2009

Think wisely
You have the ability, through your thoughts and your efforts, to create something that has never existed before. And you have the power to choose what that will be.

It is at once a magnificent opportunity and an awesome responsibility. Your thoughts are ultimately chosen by you. Your actions, and their results, will be determined by the things you think about and the things to which you pay attention.

All achievements begin in the mind, and there is no limit to what the mind can think. Everything that anyone has ever invented, built, written, performed, produced or otherwise created, began to take shape first as a conscious thought. Put your highest and best thoughts into disciplined action over a long enough period of time, and you'll create a masterpiece.

What you think about, is what you will do. And what you think about, is up to you.

I thought all day about having a threesome...and it didn't happen...fail...:D

TheLBM
04-23-2009, 04:41 AM
I had to bump this because it was right next to the "sinkers and floaters" thread. :D
LOL, thanks

<=== This guy is motivated enough to be in here before the sluggards who are still asleep.

So there.
Dont be hatin on the sleepers :D

I thought all day about having a threesome...and it didn't happen...fail...:D
Keep trying,, you never know.

Daily Motivator
April 23, 2009

Getting what you pay for
Have you ever purchased something, and then discovered too late that you paid far too much for it, that you could have easily bought it for much less?

How would you feel if you bought a new television set, and then one week later saw the same model advertised for half of what you paid? It's frustrating to think that you needlessly wasted good money.

Yet how much more frustrating would it be to discover that you've wasted something even more precious than money -- your time and your energy -- and received very little in return?

Think about it. Is the price you pay by being angry, worth what you get in return? Is the price you pay for being sad and depressed, worth the value you receive for it? What price are you paying when you're spiteful, or resentful, or cynical? Are the benefits you receive worth the price you pay?

Life exacts a price as each moment passes by. What you get in return is up to you.

erinlee01
04-23-2009, 05:44 AM
Another great one!!!!!!!

cactusflower
04-24-2009, 07:37 AM
Where is today's?

TheLBM
04-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Where is today's?

I am working on it... i went to bed at midnight and woke up at 9:30.. made some bacon and eggs with cheese.
now.. just for you

Daily Motivator
April 24, 2009

I know, but...
You know what is best for you. You know what you need to do. So why is it so hard to do it? Your thinking mind knows it would be great to get up at six in the morning and exercise, but you have a stronger urge to roll over and go back to sleep.

What will get you out of bed? Indeed, what will get you out of that prison of your own making known as your comfort zone? One of the greatest motivators the world has ever known -- desire. If the desire is strong enough, you will do whatever it takes to achieve it.

How can you make the desire strong enough? First, find what you really, truly want -- not what someone else wants for you, not what others think you should want, what YOU want. Then, connect it clearly and unambiguously within yourself to whatever must be done.

You are willing. You are able. You will do what needs to be done. You can be driven, disciplined and committed. Just connect your actions with your true desires.

cactusflower
04-24-2009, 08:31 AM
I am working on it... i went to bed at midnight and woke up at 9:30.. made some bacon and eggs with cheese.
now.. just for you

Daily Motivator
April 24, 2009

I know, but...
You know what is best for you. You know what you need to do. So why is it so hard to do it? Your thinking mind knows it would be great to get up at six in the morning and exercise, but you have a stronger urge to roll over and go back to sleep.

What will get you out of bed? Indeed, what will get you out of that prison of your own making known as your comfort zone? One of the greatest motivators the world has ever known -- desire. If the desire is strong enough, you will do whatever it takes to achieve it.

How can you make the desire strong enough? First, find what you really, truly want -- not what someone else wants for you, not what others think you should want, what YOU want. Then, connect it clearly and unambiguously within yourself to whatever must be done.

You are willing. You are able. You will do what needs to be done. You can be driven, disciplined and committed. Just connect your actions with your true desires.

Wholly Sh!t!!!! If there was ever a daily motivator written for me it was this one. This is being printed out.!

Why did you go to bed at midnight? Eggs with cheese yummy (yuck on the bacon) Im hungry now.

HARRYBEAST
04-24-2009, 08:32 AM
Wholly Sh!t!!!! If there was ever a daily motivator written for me it was this one. This is being printed out.!

Why did you go to bed at midnight? Eggs with cheese yummy (yuck on the bacon) Im hungry now.

yuck to bacon? You are the wierdest person I have even met.

cactusflower
04-24-2009, 08:34 AM
yuck to bacon? You are the wierdest person I have even met.

Yea ..... I don't like it.

TheLBM
04-24-2009, 08:35 AM

I thought of you as i read it LOL.. it IS a good one.
I got wrapped up in a video game...seems i was a little "randy" last night
and i needed something to take my mind off my "state"
So i played God of War for a little bit. And before i knew it it was 12.
I dont work today,, so it was no biggie.

You dont like bacon?

cactusflower
04-24-2009, 08:44 AM
I thought of you as i read it LOL.. it IS a good one.
I got wrapped up in a video game...seems i was a little "randy" last night
and i needed something to take my mind off my "state"
So i played God of War for a little bit. And before i knew it it was 12.
I dont work today,, so it was no biggie.

You dont like bacon?

Video games?! LOL

No I don't like bacon. I love the smell when it's cooking but don't like the taste or the texture. Yes I am odd.

TheLBM
04-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Video games?! LOL

No I don't like bacon. I love the smell when it's cooking but don't like the taste or the texture. Yes I am odd.

Yes vidoe games :o
I have a ps2 and an xbox.
Yes i am odd

TheLBM
04-27-2009, 04:47 AM
Daily Motivator
April 27, 2009

Plunge in
You only have so many hours in each day. Time is the most limited resource there is. You can choose to spend that time on the easy stuff, and get a little bit accomplished. Or, you can decide to work on the toughest challenges, and receive maximum return for the time invested.

Think about it. Is it any more painful, or any less desirable to resolve the difficult challenges? No, not really. That's just a perception. The real pain comes from being confronted with the obstacle, not from working to overcome it.

To get maximum results from your efforts, plunge into the most difficult challenges first. You'll stand out from the crowd as an effective problem solver. You'll learn more. You'll develop a much greater degree of confidence. You'll create more value. You'll get farther, faster.

Get the highest return on the investment of your time. Seek out the difficult challenges and make the very most of your efforts.

Arlecchino
04-27-2009, 04:49 AM
I'll read this later.

cactusflower
04-27-2009, 05:30 AM
Daily Motivator
April 27, 2009

Plunge in
You only have so many hours in each day. Time is the most limited resource there is. You can choose to spend that time on the easy stuff, and get a little bit accomplished. Or, you can decide to work on the toughest challenges, and receive maximum return for the time invested.

Think about it. Is it any more painful, or any less desirable to resolve the difficult challenges? No, not really. That's just a perception. The real pain comes from being confronted with the obstacle, not from working to overcome it.

To get maximum results from your efforts, plunge into the most difficult challenges first. You'll stand out from the crowd as an effective problem solver. You'll learn more. You'll develop a much greater degree of confidence. You'll create more value. You'll get farther, faster.

Get the highest return on the investment of your time. Seek out the difficult challenges and make the very most of your efforts.

Awesome motivator today! :)

Hibiscus09
04-27-2009, 05:44 AM
Thanks for the motivators Den. :) I hope you have a great week!!

TheLBM
04-27-2009, 05:50 AM
Awesome motivator today! :)
I thought so too

Thanks for the motivators Den. :) I hope you have a great week!!
you to hun!!

JoelM05
04-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Daily Motivator
April 27, 2009

Plunge in

You've done it again! A+ with a smiley face! :)

TheLBM
04-28-2009, 04:42 AM
Daily Motivator
April 28, 2009

It's done
You made a mistake. Or someone else did. Or perhaps something didn't work out the way it should have.

Whatever it was, it has been done. No amount of agonizing or criticizing will change that. To wish that it had never happened, or to pretend that it didn't, would be a waste of good experience.

Find a way to make the best of it. You can't go backward in time, only forward. And as you go forward, you always have the opportunity to move yourself ahead, regardless of what has happened before.

Make the best of what you have and stop worrying about how you got it. Accept that what's done is done, and focus on the future. Put your energy and effort where they can make a difference, and they will.

I really like the bolded part.

HC
04-28-2009, 05:43 AM
Make the best of what you have and stop worrying about how you got it. Accept that what's done is done, and focus on the future. Put your energy and effort where they can make a difference, and they will.

I really like the bolded part.

sooo do I :)

thanks Den.

TheLBM
04-28-2009, 05:47 AM
sooo do I :)

thanks Den.

You are very welcome, dear one ;)

erinlee01
04-28-2009, 06:18 AM
Another great one! Every now and again I catch myself stressing about something I did. I mentally smack myself and move on!

cactusflower
04-28-2009, 07:00 AM
You da man!

TheLBM
04-28-2009, 07:01 AM
Another great one! Every now and again I catch myself stressing about something I did. I mentally smack myself and move on!
Me to.. it is a constant battle IMO.
Need to refresh the mind on a constant basis

You da man!

:o

TheLBM
04-29-2009, 04:37 AM
Daily Motivator
April 29, 2009

One step
No matter how long you've been walking north, in just a single step you can be walking south. What does it take to turn your life around? Just one step.

You are one step away from eating a healthier diet, one step away from being a better parent, one step away from improving your finances, one step away from becoming more skilled in your work, one step away from a more fulfilling relationship.

One minute from now, your worst problems can be behind you, instead of in front of you. In a single step, your best day can be yet to come, rather than long ago in the past. In an instant, your negative energy can be redirected toward making a positive difference.

Just one step can change your momentum, and start you in whatever direction you truly want to go.

cactusflower
04-29-2009, 05:50 AM
Daily Motivator
April 29, 2009

One step
No matter how long you've been walking north, in just a single step you can be walking south. What does it take to turn your life around? Just one step.

You are one step away from eating a healthier diet, one step away from being a better parent, one step away from improving your finances, one step away from becoming more skilled in your work, one step away from a more fulfilling relationship.

One minute from now, your worst problems can be behind you, instead of in front of you. In a single step, your best day can be yet to come, rather than long ago in the past. In an instant, your negative energy can be redirected toward making a positive difference.

Just one step can change your momentum, and start you in whatever direction you truly want to go.

Thank you! I love this thread :)

erinlee01
04-29-2009, 06:20 AM
Another one that speaks to me! :)

StevenV
04-29-2009, 10:20 AM
great thread

thanks for posting

StlBarbie
04-30-2009, 07:19 AM
I'm not feeling very motivated today ............
I wonder why .... :cool:

:D:D:D

Happy Thursday Den!!! :)

TheLBM
04-30-2009, 08:14 AM
I'm not feeling very motivated today ............
I wonder why .... :cool:

:D:D:D

Happy Thursday Den!!! :)

WOOT!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE A MOD way cool !!!
I got my hours cut at work down to 4 days,,, and then this week it went down to 3 days. So i stayed up late, and then slept in :o
But i did not forget about you or this thread...nope.. not at all
soooooo without further addo, i present to you..

Daily Motivator
April 30, 2009

Persist
When you're tired and your energy is gone, when problems pile on top of problems, and you don't know where you will get the strength to keep going, that is when the race is almost won.

When you've encountered every obstacle that you could possibly have imagined, and then been faced with many more, you're rapidly approaching your goal.

That is when a little bit more persistence can make a big, big difference. The longer you persevere, the more likely is your success. Each challenge you meet serves to solidify your achievement.

The exhaustion you feel is priming you for the sweet taste of accomplishment which is to come. Keep going for as long as it takes. The steeper the climb, the closer you are to the summit. Persist, especially now.

and, IMO, it was worth the wait
This reminds me of a line from the movie "the outlaw josie whales"
Josie is talking to an old Indian.... and the Indian tells him to
"endeavor to persevere" Ithink of that line often

StlBarbie
04-30-2009, 08:18 AM
THANK GAWD ~~~
I can get out of bed now ... :D

TheLBM
04-30-2009, 08:30 AM
THANK GAWD ~~~
I can get out of bed now ... :D

haha..I pretty much rolled my ass out of bed and
logged in to post that.

StlBarbie
04-30-2009, 08:33 AM
I feel like we abuse you ........... :eek:
but I don't feel bad about it ................................ :p

THANKS DEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GottaBeHUGE
04-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Today was a good one i haven't been to persistent the past few days : (

Hibiscus09
04-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Nice motivator. :) I love Clint Eastwood and really enjoy all the old Western movies he did.

JoelM05
04-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Man, I don't know where you're getting these, but they all speak to me! :D

TheLBM
04-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Man, I don't know where you're getting these, but they all speak to me! :D

me to bro...me to.
I really NEED to put them into practice tho.
All the knowledge in the world, does you no good if you dont apply it.

JoelM05
04-30-2009, 04:13 PM
me to bro...me to.
I really NEED to put them into practice tho.
All the knowledge in the world, does you no good if you dont apply it.
The first step is knowing that you need to apply it. We're off to a good start!

TheLBM
05-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Daily Motivator
May 1, 2009

Small pleasures
Be happy with the little things, because there are so many more of them. Don't postpone your enjoyment of life until after some grand achievement. Strive for that grand achievement, to be sure. And take pleasure in all the joys along the way.

Every day presents you with countless opportunities to experience happiness. There is joy available in each moment, if you really want to find it.

Consider how very much more likely you are to persevere, and to reach that grand achievement, if the path to it is filled with delight. Find enjoyment in the small things, and even in the striving. It will keep you going. Relish the journey, and it will help you reach the destination.

TheLBM
05-02-2009, 06:50 AM
Daily Motivator
May 2, 2009

Remember the winning you
What do you remember about yesterday? Do you remember the problems and disappointments, or do you remember the progress and the achievements? What do you remember about last month, or last year, or ten years ago?

What's happened has happened. There is nothing you can do about it. Yet your imagination is yours to control as you wish. You can remember exactly what you choose to remember, in exactly the way you want to remember it.

When you remember mostly the good things, you build an image of yourself as an achiever and a winner. Importantly, that self image has a profound effect on your future actions, and on the results you get. Remember your past as a winner, and you'll act like a winner.

In your mind, treasure the good things in your past, and their memory will brighten your future.

cactusflower
05-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Daily Motivator
May 2, 2009

Remember the winning you
What do you remember about yesterday? Do you remember the problems and disappointments, or do you remember the progress and the achievements? What do you remember about last month, or last year, or ten years ago?

What's happened has happened. There is nothing you can do about it. Yet your imagination is yours to control as you wish. You can remember exactly what you choose to remember, in exactly the way you want to remember it.

When you remember mostly the good things, you build an image of yourself as an achiever and a winner. Importantly, that self image has a profound effect on your future actions, and on the results you get. Remember your past as a winner, and you'll act like a winner.

In your mind, treasure the good things in your past, and their memory will brighten your future.

Great motivators!!!! :) I didn't think they posted one on the weekend.
Hope you have a FANTASTIC weekend ;)

TheLBM
05-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Great motivators!!!! :) I didn't think they posted one on the weekend.
Hope you have a FANTASTIC weekend ;)

everyday i think... it is I that am to lazy to post it.
Some weekends i am not on at all.

TheLBM
05-03-2009, 06:51 AM
Daily Motivator
May 3, 2009

Make the effort
To get from here to there, takes plain old ordinary effort. You can be brimming with a positive attitude, full of superb ideas, smart, experienced, and well connected. Yet even with all that going for you, you still must put out effort in order to make things happen.

There is no substitute for effort. You can work smarter, to be sure, but you must work. There is no magic secret, no technological contraption, no cleverly designed "system" that will replace the need for effort. These things can certainly make your efforts far more effective. Without your effort and initiative, though, they are useless.

The effort necessary for achievement is often difficult and uncomfortable. It will stretch you and likely demand more of you than you thought you had. And therein lies the true reward of success.

TheLBM
05-05-2009, 04:47 AM
Daily Motivator
May 5, 2009

Change the world
Every day you change the world in some way. You cannot avoid doing it. After this day is over, the world will be a little bit different place because of what you have done. Will it be a better place, or worse, or just different? That depends on what you do.

Why should you care? Because you are a part of the world. The positive things you do, come back to you, as do the negative things. You cannot escape the consequences of your own thoughts and actions. So make them the best that you can.

You can change the world. You will change the world. You do change the world. You have the power and the ability to change it for the better, right this moment and every moment. As long as you're going to change the world, you might as well change it in a positive way.

You're changing the world. It's a big responsibility and a tremendous opportunity. Make the best of it, today and every day.

jtroster
05-05-2009, 05:29 AM
Daily Motivator
May 5, 2009

Change the world
Every day you change the world in some way. You cannot avoid doing it. After this day is over, the world will be a little bit different place because of what you have done. Will it be a better place, or worse, or just different? That depends on what you do.

Why should you care? Because you are a part of the world. The positive things you do, come back to you, as do the negative things. You cannot escape the consequences of your own thoughts and actions. So make them the best that you can.

You can change the world. You will change the world. You do change the world. You have the power and the ability to change it for the better, right this moment and every moment. As long as you're going to change the world, you might as well change it in a positive way.

You're changing the world. It's a big responsibility and a tremendous opportunity. Make the best of it, today and every day.
Good one. This sums up the Jewish concept of Tikkun Olam, the repair of the world.

cactusflower
05-05-2009, 05:32 AM
Daily Motivator
May 5, 2009

Change the world

Wonderful motivator! Thank you! :)

TheLBM
05-06-2009, 04:32 AM
Daily Motivator
May 6, 2009

Recipe for greatness
Take something ordinary, add some focus, commitment and effort, and you have greatness. Greatness arises out of the common and the ordinary. The raw material of greatness is nothing special. A magnificent mansion is made out of ordinary wood, bricks and nails. A literary masterpiece is printed on ordinary paper. A beautiful symphony is performed with ordinary musical instruments.

Greatness depends not on what we have to work with, but on what we do with it. Greatness is achieved not because of what we have, but as a result of what we do.

Though greatness by definition is rare, it is within the reach of anyone. Because the greatest greatness comes from common, ordinary beginnings. Whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever you have to work with, greatness is always waiting for you to make it happen.

cactusflower
05-06-2009, 06:13 AM
Daily Motivator
May 6, 2009

Recipe for greatness
Take something ordinary, add some focus, commitment and effort, and you have greatness. Greatness arises out of the common and the ordinary. The raw material of greatness is nothing special. A magnificent mansion is made out of ordinary wood, bricks and nails. A literary masterpiece is printed on ordinary paper. A beautiful symphony is performed with ordinary musical instruments.

Greatness depends not on what we have to work with, but on what we do with it. Greatness is achieved not because of what we have, but as a result of what we do.

Though greatness by definition is rare, it is within the reach of anyone. Because the greatest greatness comes from common, ordinary beginnings. Whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever you have to work with, greatness is always waiting for you to make it happen.

O...M...G.... I love this!

TheLBM
05-06-2009, 06:15 AM
O...M...G.... I love this!

I thought it was a good one as well.

HoosierHardGain
05-06-2009, 06:51 AM
Daily Motivator
May 6, 2009

Recipe for greatness

QFT

That is all.

Roxie
05-06-2009, 09:00 AM
AWESOME one today LBM!! Thanks so much for sharing these :)

TheLBM
05-06-2009, 09:00 AM
AWESOME one today LBM!! Thanks so much for sharing these :)

welcome :)

JoelM05
05-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Good stuff, brotherman...good stuff!

SP1966
05-06-2009, 07:32 PM
You keep getting better, not sure how, but that is the best yet!!

Thank you!!

TheLBM
05-07-2009, 04:39 AM
Daily Motivator
May 7, 2009

The odds of success
If you desire to achieve success, the odds are against you. Outstanding success is so celebrated and admired precisely because it is so exceptional and difficult to achieve.

In terms of sheer numbers, the odds are against you. But the odds don't matter. Because success does not result from blind chance. There really are no odds, as such. There are only results.

You have every opportunity to make your own results. Your results are not determined by statistical percentages. They are determined by your own action and commitment. The fact that only a small number of people in your position ever make it to the top, has nothing to do with the opportunities available to you. In fact, the more the odds are against you, the more special it makes your achievement.

Put the odds in your favor by refusing to let them limit your possibilities.

cactusflower
05-07-2009, 06:25 AM
Daily Motivator
May 7, 2009

The odds of success
If you desire to achieve success, the odds are against you. Outstanding success is so celebrated and admired precisely because it is so exceptional and difficult to achieve.

In terms of sheer numbers, the odds are against you. But the odds don't matter. Because success does not result from blind chance. There really are no odds, as such. There are only results.

You have every opportunity to make your own results. Your results are not determined by statistical percentages. They are determined by your own action and commitment. The fact that only a small number of people in your position ever make it to the top, has nothing to do with the opportunities available to you. In fact, the more the odds are against you, the more special it makes your achievement.

Put the odds in your favor by refusing to let them limit your possibilities.

YAY for awesome motivator!!! :D

TheLBM
05-08-2009, 06:30 AM
Daily Motivator
May 8, 2009

Success is tedious
Success is often tedious. When we see success in others, it looks exciting and fun. We see someone who is successful in business living in a magnificent house, driving a shiny new car and taking exotic vacations. We see a successful athlete being cheered by the crowd after a winning performance on the playing field. We usually see only the results of success in others.

What we often fail to see and appreciate is how they got there. The person with a successful business has spent many long, boring hours, working late into the night on tasks that no one would consider fun or exciting. The winning athlete has spent day after day on the practice field and in the weight room, laboriously training mind and body.

Those who understand, appreciate and accept that the road to achievement can often be tiresome, those who are willing to do whatever it takes, no matter if it is often tedious and boring, are the ones who will get the reward they seek.

JoelM05
05-08-2009, 06:34 AM
Daily Motivator
May 8, 2009

Success is tedious
Success is often tedious. When we see success in others, it looks exciting and fun. We see someone who is successful in business living in a magnificent house, driving a shiny new car and taking exotic vacations. We see a successful athlete being cheered by the crowd after a winning performance on the playing field. We usually see only the results of success in others.

What we often fail to see and appreciate is how they got there. The person with a successful business has spent many long, boring hours, working late into the night on tasks that no one would consider fun or exciting. The winning athlete has spent day after day on the practice field and in the weight room, laboriously training mind and body.

Those who understand, appreciate and accept that the road to achievement can often be tiresome, those who are willing to do whatever it takes, no matter if it is often tedious and boring, are the ones who will get the reward they seek.
Nice! Too many people look for the easy, quick path and end up discouraged when they don't see the results they want.

TheLBM
05-08-2009, 06:35 AM
Nice! Too many people look for the easy, quick path and end up discouraged when they don't see the results they want.

Ya,, people are always blaming others and not accepting responsibility
for themselves.

cactusflower
05-08-2009, 07:13 AM
daily motivator
may 8, 2009

success is tedious
success is often tedious. When we see success in others, it looks exciting and fun. We see someone who is successful in business living in a magnificent house, driving a shiny new car and taking exotic vacations. We see a successful athlete being cheered by the crowd after a winning performance on the playing field. We usually see only the results of success in others.

love it!!!! :)

TheLBM
05-09-2009, 06:22 AM
Daily Motivator
May 9, 2009

Commitment
How can you tell if you're fully committed to reaching a particular goal? It's easy. Commitment makes itself evident when the obstacles start to appear.

It's one thing to be excited about beginning a new pursuit. It is something altogether different to keep going long after the initial thrill has faded, when very real and very difficult challenges begin to emerge. Anyone can express their commitment in words. True commitment is shown by actions, by persistence, by the willingness to do whatever it takes.

The only way to be truly and irrevocably committed to a goal, is to make sure that the goal has meaning for you. You absolutely must find a way to personally relate to and connect with the goal. Make that connection, understand precisely what's in it for you, and your commitment will make it happen.

TheLBM
05-10-2009, 06:02 AM
Daily Motivator
May 10, 2009

All or nothing
An "all or nothing" approach too often gets us nothing. The attitude of "I'm going to be the best on the team or I won't even play" is self defeating. Success is achieved by degrees. Rarely is it possible to start at the top.

Certainly it is commendable and very worthwhile to aim for the very best. You won't get there unless you go for it. But you won't get there immediately either. In order to reach first place, you must spend some time in fifth, fourth, third and second places. Those who quit just because they came in third instead of first, never make it to the top.

The same principle applies whether you're in a competitive undertaking or not. The reality of any endeavor is that you very likely won't get it perfect. But so what? You're achieving, you're growing, you're improving -- and those are what count. Just because you can't have it all, is no reason to settle for nothing.

TheLBM
05-11-2009, 04:41 AM
Daily Motivator
May 11, 2009

Whatever you make
Most anything that happens can be useful to you, or it can set you back, depending primarily on what you make of it.

Get into the habit of asking yourself "how can I make the best of this?" For example, a couple of hours ago I jumped into my car to make a 10-minute run to the post office. Along the way, a 2-inch bolt became imbedded in my right front tire. Now I'm sitting in the waiting room of a tire dealer, getting the damage repaired.

I could have spend a few hours fretting about the loss of my time, and how unfair it was. And I must admit, I did spend a few minutes in that mode. But then I asked myself, "how can I make the best of this?" The answer -- get out a pen and paper and write this message.

The various circumstances in which you find yourself can serve as excuses, or they can be turned into opportunities. What's great about the time and place in which you find yourself? Whatever you make of it.

erinlee01
05-11-2009, 05:34 AM
This is definitely a great one. Everything is an opportunity, you just need to figure out how to use it!

daltrey
05-11-2009, 05:48 AM
Here's one

"People who want something bad enough will find a way and those who don't will find an excuse"

cactusflower
05-11-2009, 06:16 PM
I missed this today :(

TheLBM
05-12-2009, 04:32 AM
Daily Motivator
May 12, 2009

Shine
Just one light can make a big difference, when there is darkness all around. When you turn on a light in an already lighted room, you make it just a little bit brighter. But when you turn on a light in a room that was completely dark, you significantly change the environment. The light reveals possibilities. It make obstacles less menacing. It makes the situation clearer and easier to understand.

The more you are surrounded by negativity, the more impact you can have by being positive. Just one person who insists that yes, we can get it done, and who steadily works to make it happen, can achieve astonishing results.

If there is negative energy all around you, see it as an opportunity. Consider how much of a difference you can make with your positive thoughts and actions. Turn on your own light, and those nearby cannot help but see. The darker it is around you, the brighter your light will shine.

cactusflower
05-12-2009, 04:59 AM
Good one! I found it today :)

TheLBM
05-12-2009, 05:23 AM
Good one! I found it today :)

bout time,,, i cnat believe you missed yesterday :D

cactusflower
05-12-2009, 05:27 AM
bout time,,, i cnat believe you missed yesterday :D

LOL ...welll seeing that im not sitting at a desk all day in front of a computer anymore.... :p

Roxie
05-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Daily Motivator
May 12, 2009

Shine
Just one light can make a big difference, when there is darkness all around. When you turn on a light in an already lighted room, you make it just a little bit brighter. But when you turn on a light in a room that was completely dark, you significantly change the environment. The light reveals possibilities. It make obstacles less menacing. It makes the situation clearer and easier to understand.

The more you are surrounded by negativity, the more impact you can have by being positive. Just one person who insists that yes, we can get it done, and who steadily works to make it happen, can achieve astonishing results.

If there is negative energy all around you, see it as an opportunity. Consider how much of a difference you can make with your positive thoughts and actions. Turn on your own light, and those nearby cannot help but see. The darker it is around you, the brighter your light will shine.

I like this one, I didn't get it in my email this morning :( BUT, I can come in here to read it. Thanks D :)

TheLBM
05-12-2009, 10:04 AM
I like this one, I didn't get it in my email this morning :( BUT, I can come in here to read it. Thanks D :)

weird,, i sent it right away.

GottaBeHUGE
05-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Ahh still read these things everyday!

TheLBM
05-13-2009, 04:43 AM
Daily Motivator
May 13, 2009

Looking back
The past is history, that is true. It cannot be changed. But when we ignore and fail to respect the past, we put the future at risk. Though the past cannot be changed, still it is valuable for what it can teach. Attempting to live in the past is folly. Yet learning from the past is the cornerstone of wisdom.

The past can be an entirely positive influence because we are able to take from it only that which is useful, and transcend the rest. The past is compelling only to the extent that we make it so.

Though the past has already happened and you cannot change it, you can take from it precisely what you want to take -- nothing more and nothing less. And because everything you currently know came from the past, that puts you in complete control of your life and your world. Your past does not control you. You control it. It influences you in whatever way you allow it to do so.

Take the best from the past, and use it to build your own bright future.

cactusflower
05-13-2009, 04:56 AM
Daily Motivator
May 13, 2009

Looking back
The past is history, that is true. It cannot be changed. But when we ignore and fail to respect the past, we put the future at risk. Though the past cannot be changed, still it is valuable for what it can teach. Attempting to live in the past is folly. Yet learning from the past is the cornerstone of wisdom.

The past can be an entirely positive influence because we are able to take from it only that which is useful, and transcend the rest. The past is compelling only to the extent that we make it so.

Though the past has already happened and you cannot change it, you can take from it precisely what you want to take -- nothing more and nothing less. And because everything you currently know came from the past, that puts you in complete control of your life and your world. Your past does not control you. You control it. It influences you in whatever way you allow it to do so.

Take the best from the past, and use it to build your own bright future.

good one ;)

TheLBM
05-14-2009, 04:39 AM
Daily Motivator
May 14, 2009

Can you see it?
Can you see the possibilities for improvement in a seemingly hopeless situation? Can you see a small glimmer of light when there is darkness all around? Do you have the courage and determination to move yourself toward that faint light, so that it becomes brighter by the day?

Can you envision your world as being better than it is today? Can you imagine in rich detail the dreams you hunger to achieve? Are you able to see clearly the path which will take you from where you are right now, to where you want to be? Do you have the discipline to go ahead and take the next step on that path? Do you have the perseverance to continue taking step after step, even through the setbacks which will surely come?

Yes, you do. Yes, you can see your dreams. Yes, you can chart your course for success. And yes, you can reach it. You already have everything it takes. All that remains, is for you to decide to do it.

Yes, you can see it. You just did. Now go out and make it happen.

cactusflower
05-14-2009, 05:37 AM
daily motivator
may 14, 2009

can you see it?
Can you see the possibilities for improvement in a seemingly hopeless situation? Can you see a small glimmer of light when there is darkness all around? Do you have the courage and determination to move yourself toward that faint light, so that it becomes brighter by the day?

Can you envision your world as being better than it is today? Can you imagine in rich detail the dreams you hunger to achieve? Are you able to see clearly the path which will take you from where you are right now, to where you want to be? Do you have the discipline to go ahead and take the next step on that path? Do you have the perseverance to continue taking step after step, even through the setbacks which will surely come?

Yes, you do. Yes, you can see your dreams. Yes, you can chart your course for success. And yes, you can reach it. You already have everything it takes. All that remains, is for you to decide to do it.

Yes, you can see it. You just did. Now go out and make it happen.

love this! :d

TheLBM
05-15-2009, 06:21 AM
Daily Motivator
May 15, 2009

Predict the future
The most successful people in this world have a highly refined ability to very accurately predict the future. Is it the result of some mysterious psychic power? No. Does this ability come from having a superior intelligence? No. Is it based on having the right connections? No.

Successful people very accurately predict the future using a methodology that is available to anyone, regardless of age, income bracket, place of residence, experience, or any other special factor. Anyone, anywhere can predict their own future with amazing accuracy.

It is simple. Just set a goal for yourself, determine exactly what actions you must take to reach that goal, and then take every one of those actions. The moment you decide on a course of action and make a solid commitment to following it, you've predicted your own future.

Anyone can follow the example of the most successful people in the world. Predict your own bright, shining future, and then take the action to make it happen.

JoelM05
05-15-2009, 06:27 AM
Daily Motivator
May 15, 2009

Predict the future
The most successful people in this world have a highly refined ability to very accurately predict the future. Is it the result of some mysterious psychic power? No. Does this ability come from having a superior intelligence? No. Is it based on having the right connections? No.

Successful people very accurately predict the future using a methodology that is available to anyone, regardless of age, income bracket, place of residence, experience, or any other special factor. Anyone, anywhere can predict their own future with amazing accuracy.

It is simple. Just set a goal for yourself, determine exactly what actions you must take to reach that goal, and then take every one of those actions. The moment you decide on a course of action and make a solid commitment to following it, you've predicted your own future.

Anyone can follow the example of the most successful people in the world. Predict your own bright, shining future, and then take the action to make it happen.
Morning, sir! Another great post!
Yesterdays' was right up there too. :)

TheLBM
05-15-2009, 06:29 AM
Morning, sir! Another great post!
Yesterdays' was right up there too. :)

morning.. i liked yesterdays alot.
FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cactusflower
05-15-2009, 12:16 PM
For some reason this thread doesn't always show up in my subscription list that a new post has been made :mad:

Good post today!

YAY for Friday!

TheLBM
05-18-2009, 04:46 AM
Daily Motivator
May 18, 2009

Seek challenge
Challenge is a requisite part of any achievement. The more effectively you can meet challenges, the more you'll be able to achieve. Not only does challenge pull you toward achievement, it also strengthens you so that you may successfully face the even greater challenges that lead to even higher accomplishments.

That's why it is so important to continually challenge yourself. There's no question that difficult challenges will come with each new thing you attempt. So it pays to be prepared.

Seek out small challenges, and by so doing you gain the ability to triumph in the face of even bigger ones. Growth comes at a price, and challenge is a major part of that price.

Get used to challenge. Get experienced with overcoming challenges. Challenge yourself, and you'll remain strong in the face of the challenges which the world will surely send your way. Embrace challenge, and it becomes an opportunity rather than an obstacle.

cactusflower
05-18-2009, 07:08 AM
daily motivator
may 18, 2009

seek challenge
challenge is a requisite part of any achievement. The more effectively you can meet challenges, the more you'll be able to achieve. Not only does challenge pull you toward achievement, it also strengthens you so that you may successfully face the even greater challenges that lead to even higher accomplishments.

That's why it is so important to continually challenge yourself. There's no question that difficult challenges will come with each new thing you attempt. So it pays to be prepared.

Seek out small challenges, and by so doing you gain the ability to triumph in the face of even bigger ones. Growth comes at a price, and challenge is a major part of that price.

Get used to challenge. Get experienced with overcoming challenges. Challenge yourself, and you'll remain strong in the face of the challenges which the world will surely send your way. Embrace challenge, and it becomes an opportunity rather than an obstacle.

awesome!

TheLBM
05-18-2009, 07:10 AM
awesome!

I was going to post this directly in your journal.
But i have been accused of spamming there LOLOLOLOL
Plus i figured you would come in here and see it. ;)

cactusflower
05-18-2009, 07:14 AM
I was going to post this directly in your journal.
But i have been accused of spamming there LOLOLOLOL
Plus i figured you would come in here and see it. ;)

It's another great one :) YOu don't spam my journal ...lol

TheLBM
05-18-2009, 07:16 AM
It's another great one :) YOu don't spam my journal ...lol

Sheepdog may think otherwise. LOL

TheSheepdog
05-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Sheepdog may think otherwise. LOL

I dont think you spam it, I dont even really read you guys post, just Cactus and her workouts.

TheLBM
05-18-2009, 11:47 AM
I dont think you spam it, I dont even really read you guys post, just Cactus and her workouts.

I was just messin with you anyway.
I kinda figured you were cooler than that :)

TheSheepdog
05-18-2009, 11:49 AM
I used to post the Daily Motivator in my journal,and had a lot of positive feedback on them. So i have decided to continue that, in a thread all its own.
I hope they help encourage the people that take the time to read them.
I know, personally, that i have read several of them and they pertained so something i was dealing with that day.

Daily Motivator
March 19, 2009

Great experience

Experience is something that can never be taken away from you. Though the material things you possess will rust, fade, peel, crack, break and become obsolete, the experiences you live through will stay with you always.

Every day is filled with so many opportunities to experience the richness of life. Yet it's all too easy to get into comfortable habits and fail to take advantage of those opportunities.

The greatest treasures you'll ever have are the moments you spend living life fully, moments spent with those you love and care about, moments lived passionately in pursuit of a vision, a dream or an accomplishment.

As you go through this day, keep in mind what an incredible, irreplaceable, great experience life is. Wherever you go, whatever your circumstance, fill the moments with meaning and richness. Today is a special day, a day to be alive. Live it with joy, with wonder and intensity. Your great experience is happening now

good thread, good post(s)

TheLBM
05-19-2009, 04:44 AM
Daily Motivator
May 19, 2009

Get with it
Go ahead. Though you won't get it perfect, you will get it done. Jump right in. Though you may not have quite enough experience, you'll gain it quickly. Reach for your highest dreams. Though you don't have all the answers, you'll soon learn what questions to ask.

The perfect time to start will never come if you wait for it. Get started now and do your best. Your efforts matter much more than mere circumstances.

You can watch the world change, or you can change it. It will change today with or without you. The more input you have into that change, the more you'll like the results. Forget the excuses. They will bring you no value. Step up and give the best that you have.

Accomplishment is a thrill which has no equal. Remember how good it feels? You can have all you want. And now is the time to go for it. Stand up, step out and make a difference.

cactusflower
05-19-2009, 05:58 AM
Daily Motivator
May 19, 2009

Get with it
Go ahead. Though you won't get it perfect, you will get it done. Jump right in. Though you may not have quite enough experience, you'll gain it quickly. Reach for your highest dreams. Though you don't have all the answers, you'll soon learn what questions to ask.

The perfect time to start will never come if you wait for it. Get started now and do your best. Your efforts matter much more than mere circumstances.

You can watch the world change, or you can change it. It will change today with or without you. The more input you have into that change, the more you'll like the results. Forget the excuses. They will bring you no value. Step up and give the best that you have.

Accomplishment is a thrill which has no equal. Remember how good it feels? You can have all you want. And now is the time to go for it. Stand up, step out and make a difference.

Two thumbs up!

TheLBM
05-20-2009, 04:31 AM
Daily Motivator
May 20, 2009

Confront it
The worst thing you can do when faced with a challenge is to run away from it. Because it will come after you, and will gain even more strength. If you think it's bad now, just wait until it has grown bigger and stronger. You'll regret that you did not choose to face it sooner.

Confront your challenges as quickly as you can. You'll make far more progress that way. Going forward through the obstacles may indeed be difficult. Yet it is a far better path than going backwards in retreat.

Sooner or later you must work your way through the challenges that stand between you and your goals. The sooner you do it, the better. It will never be easy, but there's no need to make it more difficult than it has to be.

Move yourself forward. Push a little harder when you need to. Confront the challenges as they come, get them quickly behind you, and you can go as far as you want.

erinlee01
05-20-2009, 05:35 AM
I love this one!

TheLBM
05-20-2009, 05:49 AM
I love this one!

me too. :-)
love the challenge ones

TheLBM
05-21-2009, 04:37 AM
Daily Motivator
May 21, 2009

Honor
Honor this beautiful day by making the most of it. Honor your skills and abilities by making full use of them. Honor the people around you by acting respectfully and responsibly.

No matter what kind of troubles you may have, just think of how fortunate you are to be alive and living in a world where almost anything is possible. Consider for a moment the good things you have, and the good things that you can accomplish through your willingness, determination and action.

Honor and appreciate the good things you have by seeing the positive in every situation. Honor your work by giving it value and making it count. Honor the powerful bundle of possibilities that is your life. Make the most of every single moment. The things you honor will grow, bringing many blessings to enrich your world.

TheLBM
05-22-2009, 07:05 AM
Daily Motivator
May 22, 2009

Unspoken priorities
Your priorities are evidenced not by what you announce, but by what you become. Look around you and observe the things you've accomplished. Look inside of you and see the person you are. Take a good look at your life and you'll see your true priorities.

If you're not completely satisfied with where your priorities have taken you, that's OK. You can change your priorities. However, you can't change them just by saying so. Priorities are not a wish list. Your authentic, driving priorities are commitments to action. Your true priorities are the things for which you'll undertake any effort, meet any challenge, or make any necessary sacrifice in order to achieve or maintain.

The fact is, you will most certainly achieve your true priorities. You've always done it and you always will. Whatever you want enough to live for, you'll get. That's an awesome power, and it is yours to direct as you wish. Choose your true priorities wisely, and they'll take you to magnificent heights.

erinlee01
05-22-2009, 07:08 AM
Another great one!

cactusflower
05-22-2009, 07:11 AM
Awesome! :)

TheLBM
05-22-2009, 07:11 AM
Another great one!

Awesome! :)

thanks girls :)

TheLBM
05-26-2009, 04:40 AM
Daily Motivator
May 26, 2009

Someone had a dream
The car you drive was designed and built because someone had a dream. The highway on which you travel is there because someone had a dream. The telephone you talk on and the worldwide network to which it is connected, was constructed because someone had a dream. Achievement begins with a dream.

Yet there are many, many dreams which wither and die without ever coming to pass. We will never know the benefits which they could have brought. Great accomplishments come about not only because someone dreamed of them, but also because someone believed in the dream enough to walk the long, hard road of making that dream a reality.

It takes a dream. And then it takes more than a dream. What is yours? And what are you doing about it? Stop and think for a moment about all the great things that have ever been achieved. Someone had a dream. Someone just like you. The world is filled with possibilities today. Take your pick, and then make it happen.

TheLBM
05-27-2009, 04:39 AM
Daily Motivator
May 27, 2009

Connect your goals to your actions
Every action you take today will either move you closer to your chosen goal or farther away from it. There's something you intend to achieve, and the way to achieve it is through action.

There is a very real connection between the things you do and the outcomes you experience. Keep that in mind as you go through the day. Keep that in mind as you decide how to spend your time. Keep that in mind as you control your own thoughts and actions.

Connect your goals to your actions and you will reach those goals. Focus on the outcome of what you're doing, moment by moment. You can choose to just get through the day, or you can decide to make it count and to move yourself forward.

There is a road that runs from where you are right now to the fulfillment of the goals you have chosen. As you go through this day, stay on that road. Keep the connection strong. Take the actions which will move you ahead.

cactusflower
05-27-2009, 07:48 AM
Daily Motivator
May 27, 2009

Connect your goals to your actions
Every action you take today will either move you closer to your chosen goal or farther away from it. There's something you intend to achieve, and the way to achieve it is through action.

There is a very real connection between the things you do and the outcomes you experience. Keep that in mind as you go through the day. Keep that in mind as you decide how to spend your time. Keep that in mind as you control your own thoughts and actions.

Connect your goals to your actions and you will reach those goals. Focus on the outcome of what you're doing, moment by moment. You can choose to just get through the day, or you can decide to make it count and to move yourself forward.

There is a road that runs from where you are right now to the fulfillment of the goals you have chosen. As you go through this day, stay on that road. Keep the connection strong. Take the actions which will move you ahead.

thank you for posting this :)