PDA

View Full Version : brown rice

Evolutionary1
03-18-2009, 11:21 AM
it seems that no matter what i do to season brown rice(garlic, red pepper,saltetc)it never has that much flavor. what do you guys season your rice with to make it tasty.

alan aragon
03-18-2009, 11:22 AM
it seems that no matter what i do to season brown rice(garlic, red pepper,saltetc)it never has that much flavor. what do you guys season your rice with to make it tasty.

Eat it with a hot chick. This takes the edge off the taste of the brown rice.

rainieravesouth
03-18-2009, 12:00 PM

and he's not talkin about chicken

cheguevarac
03-18-2009, 12:03 PM
you can try to use chicken, beef or vegetable stock.. but be careful these things can be loaded with salt.

lets say after you make chicken or steak on a pan, you can use the fats, juices that sick to the pan. save these juices for later use in with ur rice when you add water..

latinoheat24
03-18-2009, 01:04 PM
just use i can't believe its not butter spray, works magic :)

M@XLOL
03-18-2009, 01:08 PM
just add

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1e/Sriracha_hot_chili_sauce.jpg

snorkelman
03-18-2009, 01:09 PM
you know, I used to be anal about the type of rice, but the more I read, the more i realized that it isn't THAT important. I just get the uncle ben's 90 second stuff and i find that the Brown and Wild, Santa Fe, and Vegetable Harvest are all much tastier and the stats are about the same.

latverian
03-18-2009, 01:18 PM
take some extra virgin olive oil..turn your burner on to about 4 no higher than that....then throw in red bell pepper and or a mixture of yellow, green, orange and a bunch of garlic cloves...sauttue that for about 20-25 mins....pour that over top of your brown rice and add chilli powder ...

taste awesome.

rsaarinen
03-18-2009, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE=Twoods0n;303656081]it seems that no matter what i do to season brown rice(garlic, red pepper,saltetc)it never has that much flavor. what do you guys season your rice with to make it tasty.[/QUOTE

Try some salsa man. That's what I use all the time.

THE_TRUTH86
03-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Franks Hot Sauce and Tabasco Chipotle do wonders

Nefariousx1
03-18-2009, 01:51 PM
the best thing to do is when boiling the water for the rice throw in like 3 of those chicken or beef boulioun cubes or h/e its spelt..then put in the brown rice..gives u mad good flavor with minimal calories...just watch out for the sodium

eddiebo
03-18-2009, 01:57 PM
A hot chick goes good with every meal. But if you are in a lonely guy spell or only have biffers around, learn how to make, or buy some indian curries, or thai dishes. Indian masala is incredible and thai prig king is so good you could serve it over dirty gym socks.

Los_Diablo
03-18-2009, 07:27 PM
2 things.

1. Instead of water boil in low sodium chicken or beef broth. You will notice a big difference then

or

2. Just don't eat it and opt for something like jasmine rice instead which is so good you'd kick a midget in the crotch just for one bite.

Ryan314
03-18-2009, 07:51 PM
just add

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1e/Sriracha_hot_chili_sauce.jpg

Ok I LOVE hot stuff, but this hot sauce is almost TOO hot! Taste good though.

Anyway, I usually cook my rice with chicken broth.

Simmo0508
03-18-2009, 08:30 PM

Me, i don't use any spices or seasonings. Just eat it the way it is. I'm not one who eats certain foods because of taste or lack there of.

But give chilli powder a try if you like. That goes really well with rice.

Evolutionary1
03-18-2009, 10:47 PM
you can try to use chicken, beef or vegetable stock.. but be careful these things can be loaded with salt.

lets say after you make chicken or steak on a pan, you can use the fats, juices that sick to the pan. save these juices for later use in with ur rice when you add water..

Franks Hot Sauce and Tabasco Chipotle do wonders

take some extra virgin olive oil..turn your burner on to about 4 no higher than that....then throw in red bell pepper and or a mixture of yellow, green, orange and a bunch of garlic cloves...sauttue that for about 20-25 mins....pour that over top of your brown rice and add chilli powder ...

taste awesome.

you know, I used to be anal about the type of rice, but the more I read, the more i realized that it isn't THAT important. I just get the uncle ben's 90 second stuff and i find that the Brown and Wild, Santa Fe, and Vegetable Harvest are all much tastier and the stats are about the same.

i definetly need to try all these reps on recharge

SyderBomb
03-18-2009, 10:50 PM
Brown Rice + 1 Can Tuna + Baked Beans = yum :)