PDA

View Full Version : Getting the ratios right

steven.alex
03-16-2009, 01:48 PM
I am just about to start a kind of liquid diet based around protein shakes for all of my daily meals for a period of two or three weeks ( sort of like the Velocity Diet but without relying on Biotest products ). Thing is I have the amount of calories and the macro breakdown in advance and want to construct my shakes so as I can hit these totals almost exactly. The protein I have has 27 grams of protein per scoop with virtually no fat and no carbs so I can do the maths to arrive at how many scoops I need to consume throughout the day. The fats is easy also as I will just add EVOO to my shakes to arrive at the correct amount of fats. Thing is I have no idea what carb sources I should add. I was thinking of adding one hundred grams of oatmeal to a couple of my shakes ( 50 g in each ) which will work out fine as far as the numbers go but as this is a liquid diet following pretty exactly the pattern outlined in the Velocity Diet would the oats not count as a solid meal which you are only supposed to have once a week? I was thinking of adding simple carbs as an alternative to the oats in the shape of a Gatorade Sports drink PWO would that be a better option?

Amino89
03-16-2009, 06:00 PM
You should reconsider going on a liquid diet, whole foods are extremely beneficial for overall health reasons and can actually aid in revving up the metabolism.

Dave P
03-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Use whole wheat flour and spinach.