PDA

View Full Version : Just curious...

watermelon_2001
03-13-2009, 04:10 AM
OK, so I'v been properly bulking here for around 2 weeks (i.e. I've increased my calories up to the point that I'm actually seeing the scales go up.) I eat around 1000 calories more on workout days than on non-workout days. Stats 2 weeks ago, 20 y.o. guy, 5' 11, 120lbs. Dunno bodyfat- the body-composition analysers don't actually give a reading for me, just an 'error' reading, so I'm guessing it's pretty non-existant...) Stats now- 124lbs, so I'm putting on around about 2lbs a week. Is this too much too fast? I don't think much of it will be water weight, as it's been very small increases in calories intake. I'm perfectly happy to put on a bit of fat, as I need to, but will it be too much too fast with this rate of gain??

watermelon_2001
03-14-2009, 01:14 AM
bump!

Sudukchung
03-14-2009, 01:27 AM
Well firstly you should weigh yourself right when you wake up. Thats usually your exact weight. Least from what I'm told.

And shoot if you are gaining about 2lbs of muscle of week. Good job! Keep that up if your tryin to bulk up and gain weight. You are hecka light. So I see no problems in it IF you are gaining muscle mass

supahstar
03-14-2009, 05:51 AM
OK, so I'v been properly bulking here for around 2 weeks (i.e. I've increased my calories up to the point that I'm actually seeing the scales go up.) I eat around 1000 calories more on workout days than on non-workout days. Stats 2 weeks ago, 20 y.o. guy, 5' 11, 120lbs. Dunno bodyfat- the body-composition analysers don't actually give a reading for me, just an 'error' reading, so I'm guessing it's pretty non-existant...) Stats now- 124lbs, so I'm putting on around about 2lbs a week. Is this too much too fast? I don't think much of it will be water weight, as it's been very small increases in calories intake. I'm perfectly happy to put on a bit of fat, as I need to, but will it be too much too fast with this rate of gain??

I see no problem for you to bulk up.. You're way thin for your height.. Good luck in your bulking up dude!

Theenforcer1
03-14-2009, 05:56 AM
if anything your gaining too slow for your height and weight. Keep the cals the same on off days.