PDA

View Full Version : My God, enough with Michael Phelps already, does anyone even care?

LinusVanPelt
03-12-2009, 10:07 PM
And I'm not saying it because I don't think he should've gotten in trouble (I do).

I just don't understand why this is still news. Who gives a ****? Seriously, nobody cares.

batman15
03-13-2009, 06:45 AM
Then why make this thread? :D

bustermac
03-13-2009, 06:59 AM
You just contributed to the life of the story!

joyofcesc
03-13-2009, 07:43 AM
what happened to him?

Jyeatbvg
03-13-2009, 07:46 AM
I hadn't seen a Phelps thread in months..until now.

NYY
03-13-2009, 07:50 AM

This.

I also wish they'll take a break with steroids in baseball.

gswarrior510
03-13-2009, 08:29 AM

x2..wtf is wrong with op?

jkeithc82
03-13-2009, 08:40 AM
x2..wtf is wrong with op?

Linus and I have had our disagreements in the past, but this is on the front page of ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=3974937

SweetTouch
03-13-2009, 08:41 AM
I don't give a **** about Michael Phelps either.

NYY
03-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Linus and I have had our disagreements in the past, but this is on the front page of ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=3974937

Ah, ok then.

Talk about a non-story though. Most people I know don't care that much because we have other things to worry about than an Olympic swimmer being caught smoking mary jane.

jkeithc82
03-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Ah, ok then.

Talk about a non-story though. Most people I know don't care that much because we have other things to worry about than an Olympic swimmer being caught smoking mary jane.

I think one thing that could/would help is if the athlete in question just told reporters, media, writers, etc. that he isn't discussing it further. Just like a coach or manager after a game in a news conference says "I'm not going to discuss that, next question" why can't athletes do the same? If the sole reason the interviewer wants the interview is to bring up the incident, decline the interview or walk out. You've done everything you've needed to do, said everything you have to say and now the issue should be dead.

The more Phelps continues to talk about it, the longer it will stay apart of everyday news.

ChicagoCubz
03-13-2009, 10:22 AM
In before Michael Phelps is in "Above the Influence" commercials.

"I let people draw on me."

"I left my friends and let them find their own way home."

"I forfeited my right to swim in the 2012 Olympics."

Oneandonlysunkist
03-13-2009, 11:19 AM
isn't he that 24 year old that created Facebook? Rich bastard.

_Translucency
03-14-2009, 01:19 PM
I think one thing that could/would help is if the athlete in question just told reporters, media, writers, etc. that he isn't discussing it further. Just like a coach or manager after a game in a news conference says "I'm not going to discuss that, next question" why can't athletes do the same? If the sole reason the interviewer wants the interview is to bring up the incident, decline the interview or walk out. You've done everything you've needed to do, said everything you have to say and now the issue should be dead.

The more Phelps continues to talk about it, the longer it will stay apart of everyday news.

Exactly what I have been thinking.

In before Michael Phelps is in "Above the Influence" commercials.

"I let people draw on me."

"I left my friends and let them find their own way home."

"I forfeited my right to swim in the 2012 Olympics."

Someone needs to make a serious commercial regarding the use of marijuana, as these commercials are getting a bit outlandish.

Truth: I smoked weed, got hungry, and went to sleep.