PDA

View Full Version : a little help with keto diet..

stempleman
03-02-2009, 12:16 AM
I'm 19 5.9 160 pounds not sure bf% would like to get an accurate measurement on that not sure where to buy some good calipers for a descent price. I pretty much am getting the idea of this diet and would really like to get started. i work out monday tuesday thursday and friday. 3x40 minutes of cardio a week. i am really trying to just take the extra bf down i have had a problem with this for quite a while now. I have been trying to see what ways to work out with this diet i believe i have read that upper body monday lower tuesday and a mix on friday? should i keep the cardio or no?

I am kinda lost on the ratio's. 60% fat 30% protein 10% carb??

i read some posts said take your weight*10 so for me 160*10=1600 total calories
1g protein/lbs 1*160=160 protein*4 for cal?? 160*4=640

unsure on the carb part... none at all or just post workout or less then 50g got confused reading on that....
if say 40g*4(calories per carb?)=160 calories from carbs

so i have 640 cals from protein, 160 cals from carbs=800 subtract that from my total intake gives me 800 cals from fat...??????? sorry tried to read as much as i could before posting..

i tried making a sample day for what i might possibly be eating from what i gathered seems maybe the carbs would be off to low?? if i want 10% for carbs i only have around .025%.. i used the fitday food calculator

meal 1:
3 eggs 2 sausage
meal 2:
can of tuna
meal 3:
two beef patties
meal 4: 8oz chicken, parmesan, italian dressing, lettuce

total 1685 calories 898 calories from fat 751 calories from protien and 40 calories from carbs totaling 53% from fats 44% from protien and .025% from carbs.............. please help me adjust if necisary any suggestions welcome

drinking just water or crystalite. and 30g of whey with juice post workout (do no include calories/carbs etc from postwork out drink?)

any help would be greatttttly apreciated i am excited to get started and hope to see great results.. thanks alot everyone

helpmehere
03-02-2009, 12:20 AM
theres a whole section for keto use that.

determined4000
03-02-2009, 12:22 AM
1. where the hell did you get those ratios from? Way too much fat and not enough carbs
2. Too few calories (bodyweight x15)
3. you just eat meat?

helpmehere
03-02-2009, 12:25 AM
its keto....i think that is a basis of low to no carbs.

Jay Rawd
03-02-2009, 12:33 AM
1. where the hell did you get those ratios from? Way too much fat and not enough carbs
2. Too few calories (bodyweight x15)
3. you just eat meat?
The ratios are from many books written on keto. Anabolic diet by Mauro DiPasquale, Bodyopus by Dan Duchaine, The Ketogenic Diet by Lyle McDonald, the bb.com keto forum, John Berardi's Get Shrerred diet, etc.

determined4000
03-02-2009, 12:34 AM
Keto isn't a healthy balanced way of eating, especially at 17
Just reduce calories/increase cardio to lose fat

stempleman
03-02-2009, 10:15 AM
The ratios are from many books written on keto. Anabolic diet by Mauro DiPasquale, Bodyopus by Dan Duchaine, The Ketogenic Diet by Lyle McDonald, the bb.com keto forum, John Berardi's Get Shrerred diet, etc.

are you saying the ratios are wrong/right? i have read alot of the keto stuff if someone could move it to that section thats where i meant to post. im 20 in a month everything i have read ppl have been sayin its safe and healthy... just trying to get some help

stempleman
03-02-2009, 10:16 AM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dorian7.htm lots of diff. threads i have read this

Vietgoboi
03-02-2009, 11:48 AM
ketosis = eatting less then 100 grams of carb daily, but for the first 2 weeks, try eating less then 40 grams to allow your body to fully adapt to this new diet.

*Just eat enough gram of protein per lb of bodyweight, fill out the rest with fat.

1 g
fat = 9 cal
protein = 4
carb = 4

*Please do eat veggies for nutrition value wise (my opinion)

Eat at 2000 calories, losing weight take time. Don't rush it@!

Jay Rawd
03-03-2009, 02:48 PM
are you saying the ratios are wrong/right? i have read alot of the keto stuff if someone could move it to that section thats where i meant to post. im 20 in a month everything i have read ppl have been sayin its safe and healthy... just trying to get some help
They're right.