PDA

View Full Version : Rex Grossman wants to go to Detriot

Devian
02-26-2009, 11:16 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/1449449,bears-blog-grossman-022509.article

http://factchecked.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/rex-grossman-stinks.jpg

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

ESPforMe
02-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Yippey!

Bleh, they'll probably sign him too.

MJK
02-26-2009, 11:20 AM
I don't think they will.

Devian
02-26-2009, 11:21 AM
I don't think they will.

If Detroit turns you down...well....lol

Navillus13
02-26-2009, 11:21 AM
lol i HOPE he goes to the lions.. that would be awesome.

bustermac
02-26-2009, 11:27 AM
Until they can get an offensive line, why not throw an expendable QB out there? It will keep Stafford healthy for the future.

Ask Kitna how well they protect QBs in Detroit.

KingCanuck
02-26-2009, 11:32 AM
In b4 5 page Orton vs Grossman debate

ChicagoCubz
02-26-2009, 11:34 AM

5?? Psh...we could have it up to 20 in a day.

RAMBO316
02-26-2009, 11:37 AM
i rather grossman go to the vikings.. with AP to take the pressure off the pass game... PRO BOWL NUMBERS commin from grossman!

Devian
02-26-2009, 11:40 AM
i rather grossman go to the vikings.. with AP to take the pressure off the pass game... PRO BOWL NUMBERS commin from grossman!

So you mean Grossman would do better with less attempts but he would somehow put up pro bowl numbers?

MJK
02-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Thats the last thing they need to do is sign a free agent QB and then draft a QB. This would be stupid.

RAMBO316
02-26-2009, 11:44 AM
So you mean Grossman would do better with less attempts but he would somehow put up pro bowl numbers?

he would have stellar ratings maaaaaaaan. He would have AP to throw too and BERRIAN to get the deep ball goin.. and an awsome defensive line and a top 5 offensive line in the game... give him some protection and weapons unlike the bears.. HOLLA

MA5Bergey
02-26-2009, 11:46 AM
LOL at him saying they're a good team. Maybe compared to an average NCAA team, but seriously, when you are 0-16, you are indeed as bad as your record indicates.

johnny87
02-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Thats the last thing they need to do is sign a free agent QB and then draft a QB. This would be stupid.

why would it be stupid?

it would give Stafford some time to learn the system and ****, while Grossman gets raped

MJK
02-26-2009, 11:51 AM
You already renegotiated a contract with Culpeper, you have 5 QB's on the roster as of now. Rex is no better then Dantie or Kitna.

ESPforMe
02-26-2009, 11:58 AM
You already renegotiated a contract with Culpeper, you have 5 QB's on the roster as of now. Rex is no better then Dantie or Kitna.
There's really only two. Kitna is gone and so is Orlovsky. That leaves Daunte and Drew Stanton.

I'm not sure they take Stafford so they could use one more.

NoS_oUtLaSt
02-26-2009, 11:59 AM
The first team to go 0-16 twice... Omg I would be so happy

MJK
02-26-2009, 12:10 PM
There's really only two. Kitna is gone and so is Orlovsky. That leaves Daunte and Drew Stanton.

I'm not sure they take Stafford so they could use one more.

If they don't take a QB in the draft, sign him, but if you do, then You are going to have to release Stanton, Henson, and not allow Orlovsky back after he test the market.

The_Albatross
02-26-2009, 12:27 PM
he would have stellar ratings maaaaaaaan. He would have AP to throw too and BERRIAN to get the deep ball goin.. and an awsome defensive line and a top 5 offensive line in the game... give him some protection and weapons unlike the bears.. HOLLA

he can't even accept the snap from the center...forget throwing the ball.

RAMBO316
02-26-2009, 12:33 PM
he can't even accept the snap from the center...forget throwing the ball.

theres a reason your in the red. Its not always the qbs fault the snap is bad?

Kruetz even said that game he was having trouble snap the ball

Devian
02-26-2009, 12:46 PM
LOL at him saying they're a good team. Maybe compared to an average NCAA team, but seriously, when you are 0-16, you are indeed as bad as your record indicates.

No because players from an average NCAA team don't make it to the NFL, and they definitely don't score touchdowns against NFL teams.

The Lions, although the worst NFL team, would still beat any college team - even the best college teams.

KennyK
02-26-2009, 01:13 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/1449449,bears-blog-grossman-022509.article

http://factchecked.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/rex-grossman-stinks.jpg

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

is detroit closer to the moon

cuz that's where most of his passes go

adamci1
02-26-2009, 01:15 PM
let him

TheDude88
02-26-2009, 01:19 PM
He's got a good deep ball and can get it to Calvin downfield. I think he has the ability to be a good QB, hes just lacking in the mental department

BangBrahs
02-26-2009, 01:24 PM
He will be 5th on the depth chart behind Sanchez, Culpepper, Kitna, and Stanton.

MA5Bergey
02-26-2009, 01:48 PM
No because players from an average NCAA team don't make it to the NFL, and they definitely don't score touchdowns against NFL teams.

The Lions, although the worst NFL team, would still beat any college team - even the best college teams.

lulz sometimes comments aren't meant to be taken literally.

gogators222
02-26-2009, 02:00 PM
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t112/gogators222/rex.jpg

niospecv
02-26-2009, 02:01 PM
har har har

MJK
02-26-2009, 02:37 PM
He's got a good deep ball and can get it to Calvin downfield. I think he has the ability to be a good QB, hes just lacking in the mental department

They already have this.

bearfan34201
02-26-2009, 08:51 PM
How many of you actually played football? Is the general football population seriously stupid, or is that just most American football fans never playeed the game but make such general stupid points such as 'omg he throws interceptions lolz'. You're morons.

Rex is a damn good quarterback. 23 touchdowns isn't too shabby, getting the to the Super Bowl isn't too shabby and being tied with Peyton Manning for the most 100 qb rating games in '07 isn't bad either. Yet all everyone wants to do is bitch and moan that it's Rex's fault for the bears' demise. Yet if any of you loudmouths actually understand the game, it goes a lot more than just Grossman being the blame. How about having a decent cast of reciever corps/running game in '07 instead of a over-the-hill Muhammad, a one route receiver in berrian and a turd at Running Back in Benson. But yet all everyone wants to do is blame Rex for everything.

Yet fail to realize other quarterbacks have had growing pains in their first season and made well after it. Instead, his first full season in the NFL he helps the team get to the super bowl(and yes he did help. You're an idiot who doesn't know **** if you think a defense can carry a offense all season without the offense helping at all. Or those 23 touchdowns he threw). But go ahead, flair up on the guy who some of you guys may be kissing ass too next year.

ChicagoCubz
02-26-2009, 08:52 PM

And so it begins.

bearfan34201
02-26-2009, 08:58 PM
And so it begins.

I had to

DMoore30
02-26-2009, 09:04 PM
The only QB who I know off that has two nicknames...."Sexy Rexy" and "Rex 'fcuk it im going deep' Grossman"!

LinusVanPelt
02-26-2009, 09:16 PM
Rex will start in Detroit unless they draft Stafford. Hopefully Rex waits until after the draft if he plans on signing with them.

In any event, some team is going to get very lucky. Rex will land somewhere where fans appreciate him, and when they do, they'll get the best out of him. I have no doubt in my mind that the amount of people who hated him in Chicago got to him mentally (even if they were overweight men with low-paying jobs who hated their lives and never played football).

Though I thought Minnesota would've been the perfect match, Detroit will also be good for him. He's going to surprise a lot of people this year and prove all of his naysayers wrong.

ChicagoCubz
02-26-2009, 09:23 PM
Rex will start in Detroit unless they draft Stafford. Hopefully Rex waits until after the draft if he plans on signing with them.

In any event, some team is going to get very lucky. Rex will land somewhere where fans appreciate him, and when they do, they'll get the best out of him. I have no doubt in my mind that the amount of people who hated him in Chicago got to him mentally (even if they were overweight men with low-paying jobs who hated their lives and never played football).

Though I thought Minnesota would've been the perfect match, Detroit will also be good for him. He's going to surprise a lot of people this year and prove all of his naysayers wrong.

Sex Cannon to the pro-bowl in 2009 -- you heard it here first!

bearfan34201
02-26-2009, 09:30 PM

This is a meat and potatoes blue collar town. How dare you say such mean truthful things about many Chicago Ber fans!!!

I agree on fans getting to his head. Regardless if you are a professional or not, when over 1 million people hate you, it gets to your head. Especially when you've done nothing wrong(in my opinion) except be the best quarterback the team has had in 20 years, and getting them to the Super Bowl.

kethnaab
02-26-2009, 09:43 PM

look at it this way. His "**** it, let's throw it deep" attitude will fit in perfectly with Megatron! can't think of a better dude for him to be throwing it to!

NoS_oUtLaSt
02-26-2009, 09:45 PM
http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Rex_Grossman

LinusVanPelt
02-26-2009, 09:46 PM
This is a meat and potatoes blue collar town. How dare you say such mean truthful things about many Chicago Ber fans!!!

I agree on fans getting to his head. Regardless if you are a professional or not, when over 1 million people hate you, it gets to your head. Especially when you've done nothing wrong(in my opinion) except be the best quarterback the team has had in 20 years, and getting them to the Super Bowl.

You know what's funny? All of these people claimed to be Grossman haters and saying he got all of his chances, had a fair chance with fans, etc. But a poll at the trib says 66% of people believe he didn't. Go figure.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-26-haugh-bears-rex-grossman-.ar0feb26,0,1996069.column

LinusVanPelt
02-26-2009, 09:48 PM
http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Rex_Grossman

That seriously cracked me up.

RAMBO316
02-27-2009, 01:34 AM
im so glad to hear people actually say they are rootin for grossman to do good! im excited for him regardless if the bears are too stupid to keep him... they dont have the weapons or tools for a rex grossman type QB.
LETS GO GROSSMAN chant from me when the bears play the lions... Obviously i want the bears to win tho :D

BangBrahs
02-27-2009, 03:34 AM

Detroit will not sign him.