PDA

View Full Version : NFL Free Agency starts tonight @ Midnight EST

Devian
02-26-2009, 08:47 AM
Which is also the official start of the 2009 NFL calender.

What are your expectations for your team in the coming weeks and months?

Huse
02-26-2009, 09:16 AM
I was kinda hoping the Pats would sign Fred Taylor but apparently he wants too much $$. I didn't initially think we really needed another running back though so that's okay.

I want the Pats to check out Derrick Brooks. Lonie Paxton is a FA again and I hope him and the Pats can come to terms. IMO the pats would serve themselves well pretty much investing anywhere in the secondary, getting a linebacker or hell even a tight end.

Looking forward to it though, it's gonna suck cause I think lewis will go to the cowboys or Jets

G-mane12
02-26-2009, 09:26 AM
i just hope we pick up a good WR.. *marvin harrison cough cough*

and hopefully get ray ray to stay

papi93
02-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Green Bay Packers GM Ted Thompson will do nothing noteworthy as always.

Devian
02-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Green Bay Packers GM Ted Thompson will do nothing noteworthy as always.

Well those tax paying owners should just start interviewing players.

Shike
02-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Vikings get Rosenfels obviously... otherwise I think we pick up a CB, and maybe a WR, both mediocre players, nothing special.

NoS_oUtLaSt
02-26-2009, 10:14 AM
I want the Falcs to either work a trade for Shaun Rodgers(apparently he isn't happy in Cleveland already). Make a move for Bryant McFadden and make a move for Rocky Bernard.

Edit: and Try for Angelo Crowell. Any 2 of the 4 would make me happy.

bmy-
02-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Vilma :bow:

ESPforMe
02-26-2009, 11:17 AM
The Lions will go sign a ton of bad players. Exciting.

Actually, they tried to get Ken Lucas in a trade and he said "No way!" lol

weakguy
02-26-2009, 11:50 AM
the bears will go after nobody. shocker

papi93
02-26-2009, 11:54 AM
the bears will go after nobody. shocker

Good 'ole Green Bay and Chicago.

KingCanuck
02-26-2009, 11:54 AM
or have their maids create multiple bb.com accounts to defend their name

LMAO

ChefPhalBignuts
02-26-2009, 12:30 PM
See if Mr. Lewis would grace the locker room and possibly a safety and a corner. I'm not really sure who's on the market though

athrun340
02-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Miami Dolphins just signed Gibril Wilson and Yeremiah Bell.. 2 hard hitting safeties.

u jealous?

wont be surprised if we also get Jason Brown and Coles tomorrow.

v1sion
02-26-2009, 02:17 PM

sorry to burst ur bubble marvin harrison is not a good Wr anymore not to knock on marvelous marvin or anything.

BroMontana
02-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Can't wait to see who the Colts pick up if anyone, I think they should look at Nate Washington or Housh.

thegenerel
02-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Vikings get Rosenfels obviously... otherwise I think we pick up a CB, and maybe a WR, both mediocre players, nothing special.

sounds like you are excited about rosenfels....how is that possible?

I want the Falcs to either work a trade for Shaun Rodgers(apparently he isn't happy in Cleveland already). Make a move for Bryant McFadden and make a move for Rocky Bernard.

Edit: and Try for Angelo Crowell. Any 2 of the 4 would make me happy.

i hope the steelers can resign mcfadden but i think he will end up being a guy that gets paid 120% of what he is worth. obviously the steelers wont overpay for a no.2 corner (at best)

Miami Dolphins just signed Gibril Wilson and Yeremiah Bell.. 2 hard hitting safeties.

u jealous?

wont be surprised if we also get Jason Brown and Coles tomorrow.

no, not jealous.

Troy + Ryan Clark > raiders scrap + bell

thegenerel
02-26-2009, 03:33 PM

from what ive come across, the ravens will have a tough time fitting all 3 LBs under the cap, let along harrison who will still want to be paid.

Shike
02-26-2009, 03:34 PM
sounds like you are excited about rosenfels....how is that possible?

Oh I wouldn't say I'm excited. I think he's possibly better then our current Qb's and at a 4th pick it's a good gamble.

ChefPhalBignuts
02-26-2009, 04:01 PM
Can't wait to see who the Colts pick up if anyone, I think they should look at Nate Washington or Housh.

Peyton + Wayne + Housh = wow

That's a good call right there, brah. They should totally go after him

SuperFresh
02-26-2009, 04:57 PM
I hope the Redskins are active in it by picking up Albert Haynesworth or a good Olinemen. A nice WR would be sweet.

Huse
02-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Peyton + Wayne + Housh = wow

That's a good call right there, brah. They should totally go after him

Not much different from Peyton + Wayne + Harrison. Not going to keep them from getting annually owned in the post season by the pats and chargers

Dennis71
02-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Buffalo:

We just free'd up about 8mil of cap space...
gives us like 30mill in cap space...

Im hoping for a run at Haynesworth (not likely)
Jason Brown
Fred Taylor
A PASS RUSHING DE

Then draft Brandon Pettigrew at 11

Huse
02-26-2009, 05:44 PM
Buffalo:

We just free'd up about 8mil of cap space...
gives us like 30mill in cap space...

Im hoping for a run at Haynesworth (not likely)
Jason Brown
Fred Taylor
A PASS RUSHING DE

Then draft Brandon Pettigrew at 11

I think Bills will get Taylor, who has he interviewed with besides the bills and the pats?

Dennis71
02-26-2009, 05:52 PM
I think Bills will get Taylor, who has he interviewed with besides the bills and the pats?

just Buffalo and NE

i think he choses NE personally b/c he has an opp to win a ring there...

but in his interview he spoke so much about how he wanted to tutor Marshawn Lynch

ThirstyPretzels
02-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Cincinnati Bengals never do **** in FA......ill be dissapoint like every other offseason. i wish they would actually make some moves and pay up some monies

Rockwilder
02-26-2009, 06:14 PM
Fuk I wish the Broncos went after Gibril.

SteveSmith89
02-26-2009, 06:55 PM
I wish the panthers would go ahead and trade peppers for a few first round picks..

cbad7676
02-26-2009, 07:11 PM
im hopin chargers go after brooks. need some veteran experience at LB.

wish we can get haynesworth but imo he is NOT worth 100million.

Devian
02-26-2009, 07:41 PM
im hopin chargers go after brooks. need some veteran experience at LB.

wish we can get haynesworth but imo he is NOT worth 100million.

We are usually so quiet in the FA period because AJ likes to pick up compensation picks when the good players leave to go elsewhere. This year however, I believe Igor will be our only FA to net us any picks, and I think going after some solid help is worth more than a 5th round pick from Igor leaving.

Personally I would like us to pick up Mike Brown to bring some experience to the D and instantly improve our safety depth. Maybe bring in a WR like Coles since who knows what is going on with Jackson and unless Chambers produces this season he is going to get cut because of his price tag and overall uselessness.

Huse
02-27-2009, 07:10 AM
just Buffalo and NE

i think he choses NE personally b/c he has an opp to win a ring there...

but in his interview he spoke so much about how he wanted to tutor Marshawn Lynch

Well.. looks like he joined with the Pats. Pats are also interviewing Leigh Bodden now... would certainly be nice to pick him up. It's gonna be pretty cool to see Fred Taylor in a Pats jersey, goodbye Jordan?