PDA

View Full Version : Interesting tid bit on the Dallas Cowboys from ESPN

saaltydog
02-25-2009, 06:22 AM
They haven't won a playoff game since 1996.

They are 0-5

I can't believe how time flies. They were so dominate in the early 90's. I just didn't realize it's been 12 years since they won a playoff game.

Cramerica
02-25-2009, 06:42 AM
One thing that makes it so bizarre is that they are said to have so many great players and coaches and get so much attention but still don't win in the postseason.

niospecv
02-25-2009, 06:44 AM
Did you have to remind me? -sigh-

saaltydog
02-25-2009, 07:03 AM
One thing that makes it so bizarre is that they are said to have so many great players and coaches and get so much attention but still don't win in the postseason.

Yeah I agree. That's why I was so shocked it's been 12 years. You never hear about that. You only hear about how great of a franchise they are. I would of thought for sure they have won a playoff game the last 12 years but I guess not.

saaltydog
02-25-2009, 07:29 AM

Wasn't obvious to me brah. I found the the tid bit interesting. I didn't realize it was that long. I know they haven' won a game the past few years but 12?

Disenfranchised
02-25-2009, 07:31 AM
Wasn't obvious to me brah. I found the the tid bit interesting. I didn't realize it was that long. I know they haven' won a game the past few years but 12?

Anyone who's a true football fan is well aware of the last time the Cowboys won a playoff game.

saaltydog
02-25-2009, 07:35 AM
Anyone who's a true Cowboy fan is well aware of the last time the Cowboys won a playoff game.

fixed... and I'm not a cowboy fan.

Disenfranchised
02-25-2009, 07:38 AM
fixed... and I'm not a cowboy fan.

No, not Cowboy fan, FOOTBALL fan. I've never been to Texas, nor am I a fan of the Cowboys, but I certainly know what's going on the league.

saaltydog
02-25-2009, 07:39 AM
No, not Cowboy fan, FOOTBALL fan. I've never been to Texas, nor am I a fan of the Cowboys, but I certainly know what's going on the league.

So you can name when every single team in the NFL last won a playoff game? I highly doubt it so stfu.

Disenfranchised
02-25-2009, 07:44 AM
So you can name when every single team in the NFL last won a playoff game? I highly doubt it so stfu.

I pretty much can actually. Especially the Cowboys though, dude, out of anything in the league THAT's a well known fact.

Worthless thread is worthless

MISTERDUDE
02-25-2009, 07:48 AM

Yeah, his post was stupid. Not everyone lives on their computer and knows every random fact in the world.

As for your point: Yeah, it is hard to believe that a storied franchise like the Cowboys hasn't really done anything for the past 12 years. They attract great coaches and players, but they still can't seem to do it for some reason. Odd.

thegenerel
02-25-2009, 07:54 AM

Jay Cutler (QB)- The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be

justin8684
02-25-2009, 08:00 AM
A lot of similarities between the Cowboys and Yankees; both went through a period of dominance with homegrown guys brought up within the franchise, then once they started winning, they started to pick off talent from other teams and it's been a reversal of fortune.

saaltydog
02-25-2009, 08:30 AM
A lot of similarities between the Cowboys and Yankees; both went through a period of dominance with homegrown guys brought up within the franchise, then once they started winning, they started to pick off talent from other teams and it's been a reversal of fortune.

I actually agree. I was thinking this the other day. They sign the best coaches and best players but haven't done anything with it. I think it comes down to buying players not worrying about personality but worried about talent. I think the team chemistry comes first then team talent.

Disenfranchised
02-25-2009, 08:31 AM
I actually agree. I was thinking this the other day. They sign the best coaches and best players but haven't done anything with it. I think it comes down to buying players not worrying about personality but worried about talent. I think the team chemistry comes first then team talent.

More common sense from Captain Obvious! Thank goodness you're on this forum!

saaltydog
02-25-2009, 08:41 AM
More common sense from Captain Obvious! Thank goodness you're on this forum!

Thank god you are here. I don't know what the sports section would do without your post. You offer some great insight.

Huse
02-25-2009, 08:43 AM

aren't you a yankees fan? how can you not identify choking in the playoffs by now?

mm55
02-25-2009, 08:46 AM
I was aware of this but mainly because I despise the Cowboys as much as I love the Giants. Completely true comparison of the boys and yanks.

kethnaab
02-25-2009, 09:27 AM
don't worry about disenfranchised. He's an ******* on purpose, and he earned his red the old fashioned way.

I thought that everyone knew how long it'd been since the Cowboys had last won a playoff game, although maybe it's because I take great pride in rubbing it in their fans' noses. :D

Garnett
02-25-2009, 09:47 AM
don't worry about disenfranchised. He's an ******* on purpose, and he earned his red the old fashioned way.

I thought that everyone knew how long it'd been since the Cowboys had last won a playoff game, although maybe it's because I take great pride in rubbing it in their fans' noses. :D

We hate that. (still kinda bitter you guys got to 6 before us).

SteveSmith89
02-25-2009, 09:57 AM
I'm so glad your still in the red jack ass.. there ain't nothing disenfranchised doesn't know or can't do

kethnaab
02-25-2009, 10:09 AM
We hate that. (still kinda bitter you guys got to 6 before us).

tee-hee :D

Big7Ben86
02-25-2009, 10:14 AM
cowboys are a joke, have been, yet still think they are favorites to win the superbowl almost every year

Clide Whit
02-25-2009, 10:31 AM

Not quite, one of the biggest reasons that Dallas was dominate in the 90's were because of all those picks they go in that Hershel Walker deal. Also back then, free agency in the NFL wasn't very big, as it was later on in the 90's and into the 2000's.

saaltydog
02-25-2009, 10:37 AM

I was the same way for a long time. I am a 49er fan and I remember some great games between the two teams in the 90's. I couldn't stand them along with the Packers. I guess as time went by and they stopped winning I stopped hating on them so much. I kind of lost track of exactly where they were as far as playoff wins and losses.

bustermac
02-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Love this thread.

*Redskins fan*

GBA
02-25-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm aware.