PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Pre/Post Workout Food

mrfarinias
02-24-2009, 08:21 AM
IM getting myself back in shape and need a few tips on the nutrition part. I hit the gym before work every morning from about 5:30 to 7:00. I do cardio 5 days a week and mix in 3 days of weight lifting as well.....Once i leave the gym and head to work i get confused as to what i should be eating. Obviousely i cant cook a full meal because im at work..Are there any sports bars or other alternatives people can suggest to me? Also should i be eating before i go to the gym? Oh one more question..Is whey and protein shakes good for people who arent trying to bulk just trying to tone Any help and advice will be appreciated..Thanks

cmlsu5618
02-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Low carb protein shake during golden hour after workout.

If energy levels are low pre workout eat a light carb meal (i.e. 1 cup whole grain brown rice mixed with green peas) or a light sandwich.

StandStrong
02-24-2009, 01:02 PM

If energy levels are low pre workout eat a light carb meal (i.e. 1 cup whole grain brown rice mixed with green peas) or a light sandwich.
low carb shake? It doesnt matter if you are bulking or cutting, you need more carbs for a post workout shakes than a low carb shake has. eatin somethign light before your workout, like some fruit or something and you can always make you a couple of egg sandwhiches for after w/o. or boil some eggs, bring some oatmeal (all jiffy stores have microwaves just about) or shake, There is always something you can do

svillasenor
02-24-2009, 01:06 PM
I been having similar dilemma with my current class schedule. Cytosport Muscle Milk n Oats has been my solution. Easy, quick, i mean water and microwave and boom in lecture.

dkemano42
02-24-2009, 01:10 PM
IM getting myself back in shape and need a few tips on the nutrition part. I hit the gym before work every morning from about 5:30 to 7:00. I do cardio 5 days a week and mix in 3 days of weight lifting as well.....Once i leave the gym and head to work i get confused as to what i should be eating. Obviousely i cant cook a full meal because im at work..Are there any sports bars or other alternatives people can suggest to me? Also should i be eating before i go to the gym? Oh one more question..Is whey and protein shakes good for people who arent trying to bulk just trying to tone Any help and advice will be appreciated..Thanks

Hey,

Drink a whey shake and have some oatmeal 1st thing when you get up before you go to the gym.

You should be eating good within an hour of your workout. Cook your food the night before to take to work with you make a bunch of chicken breast then freeze them, then take one along with some rice and take it all in tupperware, hard boiled eggs are good also and nuts. If you have to do a protein bar, try to make it a low sugar one.

There are lots of different sandwiches you can tupperware also and take with you. Just try to use good food in them and multigrain bread.

DK

svillasenor
02-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Hey,

Drink a whey shake and have some oatmeal 1st thing when you get up before you go to the gym.

You should be eating good within an hour of your workout. Cook your food the night before to take to work with you make a bunch of chicken breast then freeze them, then take one along with some rice and take it all in tupperware, hard boiled eggs are good also and nuts. If you have to do a protein bar, try to make it a low sugar one.

There are lots of different sandwiches you can tupperware also and take with you. Just try to use good food in them and multigrain bread.

DK

agreed

sunngodd
02-24-2009, 01:17 PM
there's a sticky that covers this topic in detail

sunngodd
02-24-2009, 01:18 PM

terrible advice

Kaz85
02-24-2009, 07:23 PM
pre workout you want to eat a slow digesting carb....pasta or oatmeal i usually eat, then 20 mins before workout take a protein shake.

Post workout you want a scoop or 2 of whey and some simple carbohydrates. Like lucozade or another energy drink. Nothing except liquids (ideally) should be consumed immediately after workout. No fats.

Then an hour/hour and a half after that you can have your next whole food meal