PDA

View Full Version : How long until the nhl folds?

BC02
02-21-2009, 08:55 PM
No one cares about it, its basically just a regional sport,and it sucks

feardafronfz
02-21-2009, 08:58 PM
nhl getting better attendance rates than the nba
i love watching hockey

batman15
02-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Threadmaker?

BC02
02-21-2009, 09:02 PM
i love watching hockey
except for the suns I hate the nba. The nba is like watching a rap video:all show no substance

fivas15
02-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Not soon enough.

batman15
02-21-2009, 09:17 PM
except for the suns I hate the nba. The nba is like watching a rap video:all show no substance

Why a rap video? You racist?

KingCanuck
02-21-2009, 09:19 PM
http://hfboards.com/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

BC02
02-21-2009, 09:22 PM
Why a rap video? You racist?
oh i almost forgot that attacking rap makes me a racist. my bad dawg.west side!

GoldBlue
02-21-2009, 11:21 PM
i love watching hockey

This... From my perspective, NHL games draw a much more wealthy fan base than the NBA does. So they will be less responsive to economic conditions. I did a research paper over NHL expansion earlier this year and found some stat where the average NHL fan's income was around $92,000, and the NBA significantly lower.

Future24
02-21-2009, 11:23 PM
oh i almost forgot that attacking rap makes me a racist. my bad dawg.west side!

You racist.

hellabutt
02-22-2009, 02:05 AM
This... From my perspective, NHL games draw a much more wealthy fan base than the NBA does. So they will be less responsive to economic conditions. I did a research paper over NHL expansion earlier this year and found some stat where the average NHL fan's income was around $92,000, and the NBA significantly lower.

more evidence to back up that hockey is a fuking rich kid sport. look at all the **** you have to have just to play a proper game of hockey. you wanna play some kind of basketball game you need a friend and a basketball. playing basketball is basically free. if you live anywhere near anything i would be willing to bet there is a basketball court/hoop in walking distance from your house. i dont even live in the city and within a 5 mile radius i can think of about 10 courts ive shot at. 2 that i can walk to within 10 minutes. fukin hockey....

kethnaab
02-22-2009, 03:04 AM
I love hockey

OrdoAbchao
02-22-2009, 06:35 AM

yeah, you figure equipment and all that is REAL expensive

i will never believe that NHL has more fans than the NBA regardless of attendance and who really cares about the average income? No one in the ghetto watches hockey, but believe me they will watch some basketball.

Blowsox13
02-22-2009, 06:40 AM
Ehhh the whole average income thing for sports fans is dicey. There is no way to get accurate statistics, trust me i've looked in to it.

I love hockey though and i'm happy it's out drawing the NBA, which is a league full of thugs and ****ing morons.

bignpisst
02-22-2009, 06:43 AM
I played hockey when I was a kid and was poor as hell

Hell Im poor now

hardcoresteve
02-22-2009, 06:49 AM
hockey is doing outstanding. The game is better than it's ever been. The arena's are selling out in the midst of an economic raping. Everyone in the game, coaches included, are getting rich.

Fail thread is fail.

GoldBlue
02-22-2009, 08:29 AM
Just incase anyone was curious where I got my stats from:

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/081002/0439417.html

thegenerel
02-22-2009, 08:38 AM
nhl > mlb/nba

baseball is just screwed up right now. no integrity/honesty with the players, huge gaps of competitiveness.

the nfl has been doing things the right way for years. im glad that the nhl is trying to model themselves after the nfl.

GoldBlue
02-22-2009, 08:39 AM
NHL could have a mess on their hands with the probe in to the Habs connection to orgnized crime. I'm curious to see how they deal with it.

dun chavez
02-22-2009, 08:43 AM
Llloooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

thegenerel
02-22-2009, 08:46 AM
NHL could have a mess on their hands with the probe in to the Habs connection to orgnized crime. I'm curious to see how they deal with it.

apparently 2 players have connections to a mob guy. its not like the team is owned by a "waste management" company.

Blowsox13
02-22-2009, 08:47 AM
If the situation with Gretzkys wife didn't "sink" the NHL why would this?

GoldBlue
02-22-2009, 08:50 AM
apparently 2 players have connections to a mob guy. its not like the team is owned by a "waste management" company.

Oh I understand that. I'm not bashing the franchise in any ways. Hell, a lot of the management in the Canadian's organization comes from my Stars...

I just am curious to see how the NHL manages the players, compared to other sports. ex: Pacman Jones & the NFL..

Blowsox13
02-22-2009, 08:51 AM
Oh I understand that. I'm not bashing the franchise in any ways. Hell, a lot of the management in the Canadian's organization comes from my Stars...

I just am curious to see how the NHL manages the players, compared to other sports. ex: Pacman Jones & the NFL..

Hopefully they handle it differently, the NFL is suspending people who aren't convicted of any crimes.

thegenerel
02-22-2009, 08:52 AM

ah ok.

well it will be interesting since nhl'ers dont get into legal trouble like nfl/nba'ers. one of them was demoted to the ahl...

we shall see