PDA

View Full Version : Loosing inches :D gaining weight ?!?!?! WUT!!!!

lococrzy
02-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Ok guys here is my dilemma.

I started out at 280 was down to 265 by the beginning of Feb. i have a feeling that was a lot of water weight and such.

I weighed my in again and to my shock i was back at 271 i was like WTF lol

My diet is still in order and my work outs are too. i have dropped inches around my gut my arm are getting more defined. i have been gaining strength

But WAT!!! lol

im confused lol

im not about to stop training or anything ( cause im looking better by the minute hahahahaha J/K ) but I just don't get it lol

Any help would be much appreciated :D

rejected
02-19-2009, 09:58 AM
You'll gain some muscle at first while losing fat, but eventually it will stop. As long as you notice the difference in the mirror, don't worry about the weight on the scale.

SocratesTX
02-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Your weight will fluctuate 2-5 lbs. every 24 hours and for larger people that swing may be greater. Scales are useless.

derekwhitaker
02-19-2009, 10:03 AM
I wouldent rule scales out. Weigh yourself one day a week in the morning and make sure you dont eat a lot of heavy food the night before. Do this with no clothes on to help get a idea what your weight is truly.

th3pwn3r
02-19-2009, 10:11 AM
I wouldent rule scales out. Weigh yourself one day a week in the morning and make sure you dont eat a lot of heavy food the night before. Do this with no clothes on to help get a idea what your weight is truly.

Repped! Also, try to consume the same amounts of water on a daily basis.

warped
02-19-2009, 10:28 AM
You have been building muscle.... embrace it. :)

th3pwn3r
02-19-2009, 10:51 AM
A good idea is to keep an eye on how your clothes fit. If your pants get loose and your shirts get tight, you know you lost fat AND put on muscle and that's great.

lococrzy
02-19-2009, 10:57 AM
i actually measured my waist and i was down about 2.5 inches and this was after eating. my pants are a little looser which is GOOD :D

but was just wondering why ya know, especially when im on a pretty high caloric deficit roughly about 1200 cals.

Im not demotivated or anything but i just don't get it ya know, i though id be loosing all this fat and muscle at such a high deficit, but for some reason my crazy body is building muscle now ? lol

th3pwn3r
02-19-2009, 11:04 AM
i actually measured my waist and i was down about 2.5 inches and this was after eating. my pants are a little looser which is GOOD :D

but was just wondering why ya know, especially when im on a pretty high caloric deficit roughly about 1200 cals.

Im not demotivated or anything but i just don't get it ya know, i though id be loosing all this fat and muscle at such a high deficit, but for some reason my crazy body is building muscle now ? lol

Yea, I'm the same way. I grow even on a deficit. Even though I'm losing weight I appear larger due to the bigger upper body and smaller waist, you have got to love the V taper. On a bulk everyone thinks I'm using steroids since I grow at a very fast rate.

lococrzy
02-19-2009, 04:01 PM
BUMP :D
http://www.ricesigns.com/real_pictures/bump_signs.jpg

BasilExposition
02-19-2009, 08:03 PM

1200 is pretty high, which might actually slow you metabolism. It would probably be better to shoot for around 500.

FATA55
02-19-2009, 08:17 PM
You have been building muscle.... embrace it. :)

^ This..
Keep up the hard work homie!

nonchalant
02-19-2009, 08:40 PM
And take progress pics of yourself in the same pose/light, in case you doubt your muscle building ;) Keep it up!

goodfella0729
02-19-2009, 09:45 PM

this x2 along with taking pictures once every two weeks. when you see the pictures side by side you wont care what the scale says as much because you will see the results.

lococrzy
02-20-2009, 12:01 AM
1200 is pretty high, which might actually slow you metabolism. It would probably be better to shoot for around 500.

I thought of that thats why on weekends sat and sunday i allow my self to eat a fewmore cals so my deficit is around 400 to 300 on sat and and about 500 on sunday just to keep my metabolism going.

This should help with my metabolism keeping a good pace right ?

lococrzy
02-20-2009, 12:04 AM
thanks for all your comments guy i just wanted to make sure i was on the right track.

I was just confused about it that all please feel free to add more thoughts anything would really help

izaktj
02-20-2009, 02:01 AM
At this point guide yourself by the mirror and losing inches.
Weight alone is of no use, unless you use it with a BF formula.
If you're going to use the "waist " & weight" formula be sure to do it in the morning with an empty stomach and after your daily deeds.
Anyway, losing inches and maintaining weight is ideal.

Good luck

jonnycash
02-20-2009, 02:03 AM
A good idea is to keep an eye on how your clothes fit. If your pants get loose and your shirts get tight, you know you lost fat AND put on muscle and that's great.

This is exactly right. I lost 28lbs, and since have fluctuated between 242-245 for weeks. However, my shirts are getting tighter around the chest and looser around the stomach, and my trousers looser around the waist and thighs. It's ok to weigh yourself on a weekly basis, just as a guide, but there are so many variables with scales you might not get an accurate reading. We're all human, so we can get bummed if our weight doesn't change week on week. I still get annoyed if my weekly weight doesn't change, I just keep telling myself I'm in it for the long haul.

Just keep a MONTHLY record of BF% and Chest/waist/arm/thigh/ass measurements, and i'm sure you'll see some results.

obesebeast
02-20-2009, 06:11 AM
keep it up man!

you should see me on the scales after my cheat meal turns into a cheat day

this past valentines day weekend I went from 188 on friday to 196 on sunday....took saturday off and pigged out with the girlfriend on candy/nice dinner...by pigged I mean annihilated a small nation's food supply...only to hit 187 by thursday this week....I weigh myself every morning, it's not needed because it leads to paranoia/starvation but w/e I'm not concerned, it's just bloating and I'll poo it out within a few days...I know what my body can do now

th3pwn3r
02-20-2009, 06:46 AM
keep it up man!

you should see me on the scales after my cheat meal turns into a cheat day

this past valentines day weekend I went from 188 on friday to 196 on sunday....took saturday off and pigged out with the girlfriend on candy/nice dinner...by pigged I mean annihilated a small nation's food supply...only to hit 187 by thursday this week....I weigh myself every morning, it's not needed because it leads to paranoia/starvation but w/e I'm not concerned, it's just bloating and I'll poo it out within a few days...I know what my body can do now

Haha, I used to be the same way back when I was no carb. I would load up on the weekends and it was crazy. I would go from a normal weight of 156 to 170 Friday to Monday. Through the cardio and strict diet again I'd be right back at 156 by Thursday/Friday.

lococrzy
02-20-2009, 09:10 AM
Anyway, losing inches and maintaining weight is ideal.

Good luck

I guess it would be pretty sick if i went if after all this i stayed at 270 but was all muscle, id be swole as F**k lol hahahahahaha

Thanks for all the pointers guys, i have yet to test my BF i hvnt been able to buy the Omron thing to do it. but i def have been loosing inches around my gut. my face might be thinner too ill post pics in a bit and you guys can be the judge

Forumite
02-20-2009, 09:37 AM
Congrats man, you're building muscle and losing some mass.

I'm still trying to cut but have gained about 5 pounds the past 2/3 weeks yet still lost 1" on my waistline (size 32 now). I'm guessing this is also because I've started to hit the weights harder than before.

lococrzy
02-23-2009, 11:01 AM
sry i hvnt been abel to get Teh pics. ill try to remeber to do it tonight, any who i weighed my self on sunday and i was at 265 again, and this is after a day of bad oh so bad eating (cheat meal turned into cheat day :( lol)

Damn scales hahaha