PDA

View Full Version : Pre- marine Corps bootcamp training.

abacinate
02-18-2009, 04:09 PM
I know this information is posted everywhere, but I'm new to this and need to get some supplements going fast I think. I'm leaving for Marine boot camp at the beginning of May. I'm out of shape and just under the weight limit. I need some input on a stack that can help me recover quickly from workouts (i'm going 2-3 times per day), and shed fat, while still keeping/building muscle. So far I'm thinking of going with:

Nitrix
NO XPLODE
Atro Phex
Vaporize
Animal Pak

Any input/additions would be greatly appreciated. I don't have a ton of time on my hands to do 100% detailed research on all of this, and I'm very new to this. I'm willing to spend big bucks if I have to, so don't let cost be a huge issue. Thanks a ton

flposjg
02-18-2009, 05:12 PM
i used nitrix and it's a waste of money and i would replace no-x with either supermump250 or white flood+greenMAg
too many stimulants in my opinion since 2 of them are fat burners and 2 n.o. products with one of them loaded with caffeine

edit: I'd go with Whiteflood+GreenMag before workout and ON WHEY protein after workout until late march and then try to cut with fat burners all april

RenegadeUR
02-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Run, Pull Ups, and Sit ups...Thats it...If you want to take a fat burner but it isnt necessary..Study your poolee booklet and learn as much knowledge as possible. General Orders, Basic Drill, a working history of the corps. Knowledge and the three components of the PFT and your golden.

Big_Pete1000
02-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Just run and run........everything else will come in basic (pushups, situps, pullups) including running but it would be wise to be able to do that going in. This is coming from an ex-military guy.

flposjg
02-18-2009, 05:23 PM
yea but whatever you do dont buy this stack you just suggested because if you take a serving of each everyday it's gonna be bad for you... Animal pak is a good choice though

partsRheavy
02-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Protein and/or a weight gainer, along with the Animal Pak?? I'd dump the rest.

RenegadeUR
02-18-2009, 05:24 PM
Just run and run........everything else will come in basic (pushups, situps, pullups) including running but it would be wise to be able to do that going in. This is coming from an ex-military guy.
Coming from a Marine..Since i see you used the word "ex" so you are obviously not a Marine. You should definately focus on your Pull Ups and Sit Ups..As well as your knowledge like ive already stated. Settle for nothing less killer.

ShayThor1989
02-18-2009, 05:28 PM
I know this information is posted everywhere, but I'm new to this and need to get some supplements going fast I think. I'm leaving for Marine boot camp at the beginning of May. I'm out of shape and just under the weight limit. I need some input on a stack that can help me recover quickly from workouts (i'm going 2-3 times per day), and shed fat, while still keeping/building muscle. So far I'm thinking of going with:

Nitrix
NO XPLODE
Atro Phex
Vaporize
Animal Pak

Any input/additions would be greatly appreciated. I don't have a ton of time on my hands to do 100% detailed research on all of this, and I'm very new to this. I'm willing to spend big bucks if I have to, so don't let cost be a huge issue. Thanks a ton

Don't worry about taking supplements bro. Imo, supplements are simply the icing on the cake if you already have an excellent workout routine and good diet. I would replace those with bulk whey and a creatine or go without entirely. Concentrate on running, bodyweight excercise (pullups, crunches, pushups, et al), and a sensible weightlifting program. Try http://www.ast-ss.com. That's how I got going. Good luck bro.

MDenneyIV
02-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Coming from a Marine..Since i see you used the word "ex" so you are obviously not a Marine. You should definately focus on your Pull Ups and Sit Ups..As well as your knowledge like ive already stated. Settle for nothing less killer.

x2
Listen to the man

95% of people lose weight in boot camp anyways. You won't have gym time...just fun DI time which normally consists of lots of running around and/or IT'ing in the PIT.

Visper
02-18-2009, 05:41 PM
run, run, and run some more, you wont be able to hold weight anyways since you can only get so much food

-=BigSmith=-
02-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Former Marine here. SKIP THE SUPPLEMENTS. Seriously, you can't use them in boot camp so don't get dependent on them.

If you want a good pre-bootcamp training routine you can PM me. However you should focus on 3 things. Running, Pull ups, and Sit ups. MAKE SURE you can run 3 miles in around 25-26 mins and you will do just find in boot camp. Also make sure you can do AT LEAST 5 pull ups.

MDenneyIV
02-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Former Marine here. SKIP THE SUPPLEMENTS. Seriously, you can't use them in boot camp so don't get dependent on them.

If you want a good pre-bootcamp training routine you can PM me. However you should focus on 3 things. Running, Pull ups, and Sit ups. MAKE SURE you can run 3 miles in around 25-26 mins and you will do just find in boot camp. Also make sure you can do AT LEAST 5 pull ups.

x2 again

Teufel.Hunden
02-18-2009, 05:54 PM

what he said.. you cant depend on these supplements while youre there and youre going to be extremely drained all the time so if youre used to being buzzed up on some pre workout thing youre really gonna be hurtin. so get used to not having it now.

and lol @ recruit fitness standards..

MDenneyIV
02-18-2009, 05:55 PM
^ Listen to your superior officers. :)

Teufel.Hunden
02-18-2009, 05:57 PM
but not until they listen to their NCOs first haha

MDenneyIV
02-18-2009, 05:58 PM
but not until they listen to their NCOs

Haha very true. Prep yourself for the long arm of the law before you get on my yellow footprints (OP).

-=BigSmith=-
02-18-2009, 05:59 PM
Its like an NCO reunion up in here. :)

Teufel.Hunden
02-18-2009, 06:07 PM
yall gonna.. make me lose? my mind??

MDenneyIV
02-18-2009, 06:13 PM
yall gonna.. make me lose? my mind??

Haha you have to worry about the Lance Corporal Underground more than the NCOs/SNCOs

abacinate
02-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Thanks to everyone for the support. I'm gonna go ahead and take a few supplements I bought just to see if it speeds things up a bit. (NO Xplode, Nitrix, Atro-phex, and Syntha6). Even if the results are imaginary compared to without, it'll still be money well spent. I've been working out daily for a month but its time for me to step it up. I'll be going 2-3 times per day, choosing one body part per day to work, and obviously including cardio. I did injure my knee and have some sort of chronic inflammation so I'm forced to wait to run for about 2 more weeks. All I can do right now is the exercise bike at the gym. I used to wrestle so I've got some good routines for working out, and my body responds quickly and well to exercise.

I'm dieting eating probably under 1700 calories, the diet consists mostly of steel cut oats, fish, chicken, fruit, and veggies. Taking the supplements I listed, and working out twice a day when possible. I've got the knowledge down, just need to whip my ass back into shape. If anyone wants to PM me with any suggestions please feel free.

P.S. I'm 5'9" 205lbs right now, with a big frame. I'm looking to get down to about 190 to make pullups and all that even easier. And I REALLY need to work on my cardio above anything.

Teufel.Hunden
02-18-2009, 06:25 PM
lol enjoy it. just remember why youre there and stay motivated. once you get off that bus your world will be turned upside down.

Shortfuze
02-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Since endurance is key, perhaps something like cordygen would help.

Clarko
02-18-2009, 06:47 PM
My friend used astro-phex and he said at the end of it he started getting like schizophrenic and going nuts and when he finished it all that activity stopped.

Visper
02-18-2009, 07:24 PM
go army

Teufel.Hunden
02-18-2009, 07:32 PM
go away

jondeer56
02-18-2009, 07:35 PM
im joinin the marines as well and as of right now im just working out 7days a week hard so when i do get in it wont feel as bad so that ill always be edgy for a workout lol an i run just about every day of the week im working my way up to 3miles right now im at about 2.5 but i want to be at a consistant 3mile comftable run before i go right now all im taking is protine shake after workouts an mabey a protine bar after a run thats about it im pretty much good on pullups and still need to workon sit ups i do them a little bit every day an im good on pushups i have to get down to 210lbs to go tho i dont want to be put in with fat bodies even tho im not lol im just a football player body lol

Teufel.Hunden
02-18-2009, 07:40 PM
have you signed yet? are you enlisting or going officer?

abacinate
02-18-2009, 08:07 PM
I've signed, and not in OCS. Electronics Option right now. Ship date is May 4th.

Teufel.Hunden
02-18-2009, 08:13 PM
sorry i meant jondeer. but damn son, may 4th is comin up quick, just dont burn yourself out. remember to get plenty of rest while you still can... youll be out 2 weeks before me you bastard lol

abacinate
02-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Yeah, i enlisted about a month ago and wanted to go ASAP. I know I can do it. I'm pretty strong, especially for being overweight. Its definitely mainly cardio and staying super motivated, which this all should help me do.