PDA

View Full Version : do the raiders have a legitimate shot at crabtree?

Davis_Ever
02-18-2009, 03:32 PM
They're in desperate need of wide outs and could completely change their franchise around by picking some up (this side of al davis resigning). Ive seen a couple mock drafts have him going to oakland and slipping past seattle...could this possibly happen??

|)ark Lor|)
02-18-2009, 03:38 PM
KC or seattle will take him

Reps n Sets
02-18-2009, 04:04 PM
They don't need a wideout, they had one of the greatest WR's in Randy Moss and made him look old and washed up. If anything they should start working on that horrible o-line... it's the cornerstone of the offense.

fivas15
02-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Crab has didn't run pro routes at TT and is an idiot, he'd fit right in with the Raiders orginization

Free_Bird
02-18-2009, 04:23 PM
no, they don't have a legit shot at getting crabtree. if KC doesn't pick him up, Seattle will for sure. If we can get a solid OT i'll be happy

Davis_Ever
02-18-2009, 07:32 PM
They don't need a wideout, they had one of the greatest WR's in Randy Moss and made him look old and washed up. If anything they should start working on that horrible o-line... it's the cornerstone of the offense.their top receiver was johnny higgins with an astounding 22 receptions this season...

McRocks
02-18-2009, 07:36 PM
They have Javon Walker he was good in Green Bay 4-5 season ago.

KingCanuck
02-18-2009, 07:37 PM
See sig.

MusclesMarinara
02-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Speculating on what the Raiders would/should/could do next as long as Al Davis is in charge/alive....is futile...(yes mad Raiders fan...lol)

McRocks
02-18-2009, 07:38 PM
Raider will probably take a kicker 1st round

MusclesMarinara
02-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Raider will probably take a kicker 1st round

They've already done that...I'm thinking they'll take a long snapper in the 1st round...

SteezeFactory
02-18-2009, 07:49 PM
They're in desperate need of wide outs and could completely change their franchise around by picking some up (this side of al davis resigning). Ive seen a couple mock drafts have him going to oakland and slipping past seattle...could this possibly happen??

Wow. The last thing your team needs to spend a 1st round pick on is a WR. How about drafting an OT to shore up that piece of **** you call an offensive line so J-Russ has time to throw the ball? Any team that thinks Kwame Harris is an "upgrade" at offensive tackle (at any point in time, see: last season) has some serious problems. You don't need to waste a 1st rounder to get a good WR, I'd be all over Hakeem Nicks if he is available in the 2nd round (he can catch). Davone Bess >>> all of your receivers and he was undrafted out of Hawaii last season. But no, Al Davis will go for some flashy, extremely fast WR that can't run routes to save his life. I HIGHLY doubt that Crabtree will fall to Oakland, but if he does you can bet your ass Davis will draft him. Hell, he'd probably have a stroke if crab fell to him and that would be a dream scenario:

A) You get your franchise WR (and then realize you've got a lot more problems than wideout)

and

B) Davis dies hence allowing your franchise to be productive in the future.

their top receiver was johnny higgins with an astounding 22 receptions this season...

I feel bad for Zach Miller, kid is a savage and deserves to be on a team ran by a capable GM.

xzp
02-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Wow. The last thing your team needs to spend a 1st round pick on is a WR. How about drafting an OT to shore up that piece of **** you call an offensive line so J-Russ has time to throw the ball? Any team that thinks Kwame Harris is an "upgrade" at offensive tackle (at any point in time, see: last season) has some serious problems. You don't need to waste a 1st rounder to get a good WR, I'd be all over Hakeem Nicks if he is available in the 2nd round (he can catch). Davone Bess >>> all of your receivers and he was undrafted out of Hawaii last season. But no, Al Davis will go for some flashy, extremely fast WR that can't run routes to save his life. I HIGHLY doubt that Crabtree will fall to Oakland, but if he does you can bet your ass Davis will draft him. Hell, he'd probably have a stroke if crab fell to him and that would be a dream scenario:

A) You get your franchise WR (and then realize you've got a lot more problems than wideout)

and

B) Davis dies hence allowing your franchise to be productive in the future.

I feel bad for Zach Miller, kid is a savage and deserves to be on a team ran by a capable GM.

Like I've been saying..AND how Al has indicated, the Raiders should and most likely will draft an OT @ no. 7. Now, LT isn't that big a deal with the emergence of Mario Henderson...a guy we drafted last year in the 3rd round, as he'd really stepped up in the past 5 games he started for us. Dude gave up 1 sack, and shutdown Gaines Adams, Mario Williams, etc.

So, he can be a good LT, and at worst, a good RT. Problem with the Raiders drafting a Tackle in the first round, is that because of their blocking scheme, (Zone Blocking Scheme) their options r limited..

so.. Michael Oher is the logical choice. As he's athletic enough to play in the ZBS and is a legit LT.

From there, they can draft Darrius Heyward- Bey from Maryland in the second, as I think Hakeem Nicks will be gone in the 1st.

So, Oher in the 1st, and Heyward-Bey in the 2nd. Personally, I wish that Al drafts Oher in the first, and Michael Johnson, the DE from Georgia Tech in the second...and then maybe sign a FA WR, or pick another 1 up later.

We've got 2 promisin rookie WR's in Schilens and Higgins, so one isn't really needed that badly..but a veteran should be signed. Walker..should retire. :(

And IMO, Al Davis is not the problem. Cable's a great coach..and works well with Al, so, we should be fine on that front.

Cliffs-
Michale Oher, OT in 1st.
Heyward-Bey (WR) or Michael Johnson (DE) in 2nd.

bmy-
02-18-2009, 09:54 PM
I gotta think the Raiders should take an OT and a guard.. 1st/2nd round. They need to just focus on shoring up the left side.. Jmarc is strong enough to make throws to the right side under pressure.

Or pay big bucks for a great FA center.

SteezeFactory
02-18-2009, 10:02 PM
I really doubt Johnson drops out of the 1st round, but if he did he would be one hell of a deal there. I hope the Texans get a DE to team up with Super Mario and Okoye, that D-line would be disgustingly good for such a long ass time. I think Johnson might be their man.

leafs43
02-18-2009, 11:10 PM
They are going O/L.

If they made a move on any WR it would be Maclin if he slips down the boards.

burg
02-19-2009, 03:01 AM
ye has a decent shot, KC will probably go with Curry and Seattle could quite easily take Raji

v1sion
02-19-2009, 05:25 AM
no, they don't have a legit shot at getting crabtree. if KC doesn't pick him up, Seattle will for sure. If we can get a solid OT i'll be happy

dwayne bowe and crabtree would be orgasmic if crabtree lives up to his hype. it'll be like another boldin / fitzgerald

PotKettleBlack
02-19-2009, 06:05 AM
Lol, OP. Thanks for reminding me. I forgot that WRs were the cornerstone of an offense and not the offensive line.

RavenStorm
02-19-2009, 06:21 AM
Crab has didn't run pro routes at TT and is an idiot, he'd fit right in with the Raiders orginization

Crab has didn't run pro routes at TT and is an idiot

Crab has didn't run pro routes at TT

Crab has didn't run pro routes

Crab has didn't

Cramerica
02-19-2009, 06:36 AM

I take it English is not your first language?

Cramerica
02-19-2009, 06:39 AM
I really doubt Johnson drops out of the 1st round, but if he did he would be one hell of a deal there. I hope the Texans get a DE to team up with Super Mario and Okoye, that D-line would be disgustingly good for such a long ass time. I think Johnson might be their man.

There's a good shot Texas is going for Everette Brown. A lot feel he would be the best in the draft to compliment Williams on the other side. The pass-rush in Texas would be nasty.

joelz54_99
02-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Crab will probably be gone by the time the Raiders are up.

fivas15
02-19-2009, 09:06 AM

Crab has didn't run pro routes at TT and is an idiot

Crab has didn't run pro routes at TT

Crab has didn't run pro routes

Crab has didn't

I take it English is not your first language?

I was high give me a break

macmoney
02-19-2009, 10:09 AM
WOW your going to want crabtree... that would be a HORRIBLE mistake

you guys can't pass up on the O-line for this year, you guys have 3 backs that could all be pro bowlers but no O-line. Also have Russel who has no pocket presence, so again you need an O-line, and to use russel's greatest asset (his deep ball) you need an O-line

Not to mention your Defense sucks, the only reason why you guys have good pass def statistics is because you cant stop the run worth $hit, and are usually getting killed so you they just run out the clock

not to mention you guys have to play Larry Johnson, L.T. and who ever the Bronco's want in there back field.

So if I were you guys I would either get one of the O-lineman, or Defensive players