PDA

View Full Version : Massive California Prison Release

justinslayer
02-18-2009, 01:55 PM
How Wonderful! 58,000 within the next 3 years

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=12102252&ch=4226713&src=news

Vitalshok44
02-18-2009, 01:59 PM
How Wonderful! 58,000 within the next 3 years

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=12102252&ch=4226713&src=news

The typical mantra of government why cut back money being spent on things like animal welfare programs or any of the ridiculous environmentalist spending when you can simply free criminals and fire police officers.

But what really concerns me is that people showed no outrage when these massive waste of money programs are never touched but instead we free criminals and cut services on the only thing our tax dollars are actually supposed to be spent on.

neowolfe
02-18-2009, 02:19 PM
good. most criminals got worse sentences than they should have. america imprisons more people per capita than any other nation.

Vitalshok44
02-18-2009, 02:24 PM
good. most criminals got worse sentences than they should have. america imprisons more people per capita than any other nation.

Couldn't possibly because we have more legitimate criminals or anything like that could it?
trying to make it sound like all of these guys that are going to get let out are just in there for traffic tickets is really a disservice

JAYOPTICK
02-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Couldn't possibly because we have more legitimate criminals or anything like that could it?
trying to make it sound like all of these guys that are going to get let out are just in there for traffic tickets is really a disservice

yup dem der potheads will rape your mother and sister.

a majority of them are in there for minor drug possession charges, just like the rest of the country.

smoking pot turns you into a terrorist.

Vitalshok44
02-18-2009, 02:38 PM
yup dem der potheads will rape your mother and sister.

a majority of them are in there for minor drug possession charges, just like the rest of the country.

smoking pot turns you into a terrorist.

Grow up

Prove to me that every one of them that is getting out has a nonviolent record and no record of theft or burglary then we'll talk.

hardcoresteve
02-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Most Americans in prison shouldn't be; it's usually some retarded drug law violation that shouldn't exist.

Most prisoners aren't violent, and aren't threats to society. Just victims of nonatlas level retardation via false moralism and police state.

JAYOPTICK
02-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Grow up

Prove to me that every one of them that is getting out has a nonviolent record and no record of theft or burglary then we'll talk.

there have been threads about this already and yes most of them are for minor drug offenses - wheres your proof that they are letting out violent criminals?

KRANE
02-18-2009, 05:33 PM
good. most criminals got worse sentences than they should have. america imprisons more people per capita than any other nation.Exactly, and for stupid stuff.

If I had the power, I'd restructure the entire criminal justice system. As it stand, it's one of our last and most powerful vestiges of our racist history.

One more thing, California is 38 billion dollars in the red.

George Carlinian
02-19-2009, 06:29 PM
horrible economy and more criminals on the street...cool! that'll make working in LA that much more fun!!!

GiambiFan
02-19-2009, 06:37 PM
The typical mantra of government why cut back money being spent on things like animal welfare programs or any of the ridiculous environmentalist spending when you can simply free criminals and fire police officers.

I know bro, clean water and clean air = TEH SUCK!!1111!!!!

Phosphate bond
02-19-2009, 07:20 PM

When the population hits 9 Billion and electronic gizmos and labor saving devices have proliferated to even more remote places I just say to myself "why worry about this?"

Holley 4 Barrel carburetor and lead-acid batteries ought to get the job done with no serious pollution problems right?

Sarcasm aside, I am sure eventually a cross-over point occurs where if environmental regulations don't exist negative effects on health would exceed any positive benefit of the extra energy.

Vitalshok44
02-19-2009, 07:46 PM
there have been threads about this already and yes most of them are for minor drug offenses - wheres your proof that they are letting out violent criminals?

No no I ask you first;)

Ridiculous generalization, you know good and well most of that money is going for irrelevant bs.

ilikebeer
02-19-2009, 07:57 PM
most of them have probably been in there longer than needed. (non violent crimes)

most.

US_Ranger
02-19-2009, 08:09 PM
It's our own fault. (Californians)

Prop 5 was on the ballot to release NON-VIOLENT drug offenders and put them into rehab programs in the future. Instead, all the DA's in the state as well as local police, community leaders, retards, etc used a propaganda machine and spewed out how dangerous this would be. Nevermind the billions of dollars we would have saved.

Now, 3 months after Prop 5 failed, we're releasing prisoners anyway because we can't afford to keep them in. The voters of California are not educated enough or intelligent enough to make common sense decisions but we somehow arrived at the same end point, only this time we have NO say in who gets released.

illriginalized
02-19-2009, 08:10 PM
What sort of criminals? Murderers and rapists? Or just drug offenders?

neowolfe
02-19-2009, 08:29 PM

ive never been to jail before, but ive seen cops write some outrageous ****on their sworn statements that make small petty things seem like felonies. My sister flipped off a cop and was CHARGED with "falsley flagging down a police officer" my buddy got pepper sprayed and when he coughed he accidentally spit on the officer (when you're pepper sprayed, you cant see ****) and he was charged with FELONY ASSAULT ON A POLICE OFFICER.

cops are liars on a power trip, if you didnt know that I dont know what cave youve been living in.

Vitalshok44
02-19-2009, 09:11 PM
ive never been to jail before, but ive seen cops write some outrageous ****on their sworn statements that make small petty things seem like felonies. My sister flipped off a cop and was CHARGED with "falsley flagging down a police officer" my buddy got pepper sprayed and when he coughed he accidentally spit on the officer (when you're pepper sprayed, you cant see ****) and he was charged with FELONY ASSAULT ON A POLICE OFFICER.

cops are liars on a power trip, if you didnt know that I dont know what cave youve been living in.

I am well aware of the scum that permeates their ranks, I know exactly what they are.

But I'm also not so na?ve as to believe that everybody being released was imprisoned under circumstances which you use as example.

Ironstone-
02-19-2009, 10:09 PM
This is retarded. If they were sent to jail they should stay and do their time. Yes, this includes non-violent offenders.

Also if prisons are getting so full, why not bring the death penalty back?

I see no reason in why a man who has rapped someone and stabbs them 10 times should deserve to live, nevermind be released. Dont even get me started on cases with multiple victims, etc.

If anything prisons should only house prisoner with lower cases, ie vandalism, assault, etc. and any criminals who have committed murder with sufficient evidence should be executed.

They are no benefit to society and why should the peope pay with their tax dollar to give them cable tv and mcdonald for lunch every couple days of the week. If they were X'd it would save money, ride society of murderers, make room in prisons.

If we X more violent offenders, we can fit more non-violent offenders in jail. That way we wouldnt be chucking them out onto the streets after they havent done their time.

Im excited to see a response from the first liberal civil-rights activist to read this and have a **** fest.

George Carlinian
02-19-2009, 10:15 PM
It's our own fault. (Californians)

Prop 5 was on the ballot to release NON-VIOLENT drug offenders and put them into rehab programs in the future. Instead, all the DA's in the state as well as local police, community leaders, retards, etc used a propaganda machine and spewed out how dangerous this would be. Nevermind the billions of dollars we would have saved.

Now, 3 months after Prop 5 failed, we're releasing prisoners anyway because we can't afford to keep them in. The voters of California are not educated enough or intelligent enough to make common sense decisions but we somehow arrived at the same end point, only this time we have NO say in who gets released.

the ccpoa is the most powerful union in our state. for a while, new prisons were the biggest growth industry in the state. our police literally get away with murder, routinely...and the poor and helpless are at their mercy.

I'm sure a neo-con is ready to protest(ant) up and say something, so as a pre-emptive reply, let me quote someone else from a completely separate topic as my reply:
Matthew 25: "I Was Sick and You Visited Me"
31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory.
32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats,
33 and he will put the sheep at his right hand and the goats at the left.
34 Then the king will say to those at his right hand, 'Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world;
35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,
36 I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.'
37 Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink?
38 And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing?
39 And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?'
40 And the king will answer them, 'Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.'
41 Then he will say to those at his left hand, 'You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels;
42 for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,
43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.'
44 Then they also will answer, 'Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?'
45 Then he will answer them, 'Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.'
46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

So it treats how we treat one another especially the needy. Nothing about going to church etc...

Dave P
02-19-2009, 10:15 PM
I love how everyone jumps into overdrive and starts talking about how murderers and rapists are being released.

Calm the F-ck down.

The only people that will be released are non-violent offenders.

George Carlinian
02-19-2009, 10:17 PM
This is retarded.

Also if prisons are getting so full, why not bring the death penalty back?

I see no reason in why a man who has rapped someone and stabbs them 10 times should deserve to live, nevermind be released. Dont even get me started on cases with multiple victims, etc.

If anything prisons should only house prisoner with lower cases, ie vandalism, assault, etc. and any criminals who have committed murder with sufficient evidence should be executed.

They are no benefit to society and why should the peope pay with their tax dollar to give them cable tv and mcdonald for lunch every couple days of the week. If they were X'd it would save money, ride society of murderers, make room in prisons.

Im excited to see a response from the first liberal civil-rights activist to read this and have a **** fest.

the problem is social, not biological.

Ironstone-
02-19-2009, 10:18 PM
I love how everyone jumps into overdrive and starts talking about how murderers and rapists are being released.

Calm the F-ck down.

first step of many

PumpAndGrow
02-19-2009, 10:20 PM

Calm the F-ck down.

this.