PDA

View Full Version : Losing Fat vs. Weight

BIGrob84
02-18-2009, 10:57 AM
I am currently trying to cut but I was wondering.... lets say I get to the weight that I want to be but I am not as toned as I want to be. What should be done to maintain the weight but still cut fat/build muscle?

rejected
02-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Cut, then bulk, then cut again.

th3pwn3r
02-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Why are you so concerned with weight? There's a saying, "If you are lean you will look lean." The only reason I'd want to keep a weight is for some form of competition or fight where there are weight classes. If you're not involved with something along these lines throw the silly idea of maintaining a specific weight out of the window please.

archepic
02-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Why are you so concerned with weight? There's a saying, "If you are lean you will look lean." The only reason I'd want to keep a weight is for some form of competition or fight where there are weight classes. If you're not involved with something along these lines throw the silly idea of maintaining a specific weight out of the window please.

repped !

ZidaneValor
02-18-2009, 01:35 PM
I am currently trying to cut but I was wondering.... lets say I get to the weight that I want to be but I am not as toned as I want to be. What should be done to maintain the weight but still cut fat/build muscle?

How do you determine what weight you want to be? Usually I find that people pick an arbitrary number that really doesn't have a specific meaning. For instance, someone will say "I want to get down to 140 pounds." Well, what is so special about 140 pounds? Why not 145, or 135, or 137.5?

Focus on measurements and body fat percentage, and not on your weight. Weight is probably the most overrated number when dealing with health and fitness. Like th3pwn3r said, unless you HAVE TO be a certain weight for a specific reason, just concern yourself with making improvements every week.