PDA

View Full Version : Some Yankee fans are so annoying I almost want to root against them

B.O.L.A.
02-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Seriously, some of these people buy right into the mass marketing campaign known as the NYY with their "support" for A-Rod and actually taking pride in an obscene $200 million payroll. Many are now anti-Joe Torre after his book. They are so blindly faithful they can't recognize that some players- Sheffield, Clemens, A-Hole are roid fiends and complete douchebags off the field. I have loved the Yankees all my life, since I saw my first game at the age of 9 years old, but these fools bring me to a boiling point. If the Yankees fail epically this season, part of me will be snickering into my sleeve at the idiot fans.

That is all.

jkeithc82
02-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Seriously, some of these people buy right into the mass marketing campaign known as the NYY with their "support" for A-Rod and actually taking pride in an obscene $200 million payroll. Many are now anti-Joe Torre after his book. They are so blindly faithful they can't recognize that some players- Sheffield, Clemens, A-Hole are roid fiends and complete douchebags off the field. I have loved the Yankees all my life, since I saw my first game at the age of 9 years old, but these fools bring me to a boiling point. If the Yankees fail epically this season, part of me will be snickering into my sleeve at the idiot fans.

That is all.

Dude, I hear some of these Yankee fans, actually think they will win a World Series this year.

Can you imagine. LMAO

pumped12
02-15-2009, 03:31 PM
i root for them cuz everyone hates them

NYY
02-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Dude, I hear some of these Yankee fans, actually think they will win a World Series this year.

Can you imagine. LMAO

I can.......:D

I'm not anti Joe Torre lol. I only care about what the players do on the field.

pumped12
02-15-2009, 03:50 PM
I can.......:D

I'm not anti Joe Torre lol.

yea they are my pick to win for sure

B.O.L.A.
02-15-2009, 03:51 PM

Can you imagine. LMAO

Yeah RIGHT.

If I toss $500 of beluga caviar, a Maine Lobster, and a bottle of Grey Goose in a blender...will it taste good?

Well maybe, but you can't just buy expensive ****, combine it and expect success. :D

magneto90
02-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Yeah RIGHT.

If I toss $500 of beluga caviar, a Maine Lobster, and a bottle of Grey Goose in a blender...will it taste good?

Well maybe, but you can't just buy expensive, combine it and expect success. :D

^
exactly right, spending all that money is just rediculous, they need to worry about their farm system because it is by far the worst in baseball, and quit signing every 30+ year old big name free agent for 100 mill.

GetBigyo
02-15-2009, 04:38 PM
^
exactly right, spending all that money is just rediculous, they need to worry about their farm system because it is by far the worst in baseball, and quit signing every 30+ year old big name free agent for 100 mill.

lol no its not. the yankees prob have one of themost underrated farm systems. why does everyone still think it sucks?

Blowsox13
02-15-2009, 04:42 PM
in 4 the h4te

MA5Bergey
02-15-2009, 04:46 PM
^

Other teams have more money than they're letting on, their owners just would rather buy mansions in the Hamptons instead of putting that money toward their team. It especially gets me lol'ing when Red Sox fans complain about the Yankees' payroll, when even their payroll is 4-5 times larger than the smallest market teams

Blowsox13
02-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Other teams have more money than they're letting on, their owners just would rather buy mansions in the Hamptons instead of putting that money toward their team. It especially gets me lol'ing when Red Sox fans complain about the Yankees' payroll, when even their payroll is 4-5 times larger than the smallest market teams

Hey, i'm from the hamptons (serious) and i would egg the **** out of any MLB owners house.

other than George of course.

B.O.L.A.
02-15-2009, 05:07 PM

I bet you the Yankees put a much smaller % of their wealth toward the team payroll compared to any other team. The Yankees have more money than they know what to do with...

SpiderSense
02-15-2009, 05:09 PM

I agree man.

johnny87
02-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Other teams have more money than they're letting on, their owners just would rather buy mansions in the Hamptons instead of putting that money toward their team.

Dont the yankees have thier own network? and play in the biggest market in country?

they have alot more money to spend than most other teams. it doesnt bother me that they spend it. i would. but to say other teams arent at a disadvantage is bull****...

johnny87
02-15-2009, 05:19 PM
lol no its not. the yankees prob have one of themost underrated farm systems. why does everyone still think it sucks?

well, if some one has insider we can see what espn has it ranked. its not top 10 but thats as far as it goes for free.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/insider/columns/story?columnist=law_keith&id=3848691&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fmlb %2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3dlaw_kei th%26id%3d3848691

B.O.L.A.
02-15-2009, 05:19 PM
1998 Season on YES Network right now :cool:

brb, reliving my childhood

magneto90
02-15-2009, 05:58 PM

^
alright joba and phillip hughes could be great players, but name anyone else besides jeter they've brought up

jkeithc82
02-15-2009, 06:01 PM
^
alright joba and phillip hughes could be great players, but name anyone else besides jeter they've brought up

Jorge Posada, Mariano Rivera.

MA5Bergey
02-15-2009, 06:04 PM
^

Robinson Cano, Alfonso Soriano, Dioner Navarro, Jorge Posada, Andy Pettitte, Chien Ming Wang, Melky Cabrera, Hideki Matsui, and Mariano Rivera all debuted with the Yankees, or came up in the Yankees farm system. I could name more but don't really care to.

GetBigyo
02-15-2009, 06:04 PM
Jorge Posada, Mariano Rivera.

chein ming wang,robinson cano,

jkeithc82
02-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Robinson Cano, Alfonso Soriano, Dioner Navarro, Jorge Posada, Andy Pettitte, Chien Ming Wang, Melky Cabrera, Hideki Matsui, and Mariano Rivera all debuted with the Yankees, or came up in the Yankees farm system. I could name more but don't really care to.

Forgot about Soriano.

Matsui didn't come up through their system though. :cool:

magneto90
02-15-2009, 06:11 PM
ok rivera, soriano, and petite are great players, i think wang will be too. but melky and cano should not be on the list cause their horrible. and Matsui was traded for so that doesn't count

MA5Bergey
02-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Forgot about Soriano.

Matsui didn't come up through their system though. :cool:

he did make his major league debut with the Yankees though.

jkeithc82
02-15-2009, 06:25 PM
he did make his major league debut with the Yankees though.

But he was already an established star in Japan.

Point is, their farm system in recent years has been fairly weak. This is probably the only comparison I could make to them and the Astros (garbage farm system).

MA5Bergey
02-15-2009, 06:27 PM
ok rivera, soriano, and petite are great players, i think wang will be too. but melky and cano should not be on the list cause their horrible. and Matsui was traded for so that doesn't count

Matsui wasn't traded for, he signed as a free agent. He made his MLB debut in pinstripes. And it's an insult to call Cano terrible. Yes, he had a bad year last year, but just look at the years before that for proof that he is a good player. He has played over 500 games and has a career batting average of .303, has been named to 2 all star games, and has a silver slugger award. That doesn't exactly qualify as horrible in my book.

Oh, and grammar Nazi checking in.... their =/= they're

magneto90
02-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Matsui wasn't traded for, he signed as a free agent. He made his MLB debut in pinstripes. And it's an insult to call Cano terrible. Yes, he had a bad year last year, but just look at the years before that for proof that he is a good player. He has played over 500 games and has a career batting average of .303, has been named to 2 all star games, and has a silver slugger award. That doesn't exactly qualify as horrible in my book.

^
Cano's a good hitter but he can't play 2nd to save his life, and thanks for the grammar lesson(I'm horrible at Spelling/grammar).

FrankyOnions
02-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Lowell is all so a product of yankee farm systems. Cano is a very good hitter and an above average second basemen, he can be sloppy but he is still young.

Wag has proved himself to be a very good starter as well before he got hurt last year he 9 wins and the season before he had 18.

Im tired of the big name guys being scape goats for baseball, the people who turned a blind eye are just as guilty for allowing it to happen as the ones who are juicing.

ApatoJay
02-15-2009, 06:35 PM
To be fair gary sheffield is more of a dodger then he is a yankee

johnny87
02-15-2009, 07:21 PM

Matsui doesnt count....

you signed the most famous hitter in japan to a hefty contract.... not the same as bringing some one up thru the farm system.

B.O.L.A.
02-16-2009, 03:20 AM

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t136/Smash8888/how_about_no.jpg

Matsui was equivalent to signing an A-list free agent. He was by far the best player in Japan at the time.

Pretty much same with Wang and Taiwan.

Soriano...traded! (that's exactly the type of **** with the Yankees I am pissed about)

Nick Johnson...traded.

Bernie Williams...shat upon.

Ummmm who am I missing?

JIGSAW
02-16-2009, 07:30 AM
this thread makes me

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d103/angelboi_100/Other%20****/dog.gifhttp://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d103/angelboi_100/Other%20****/dog.gifhttp://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d103/angelboi_100/Other%20****/dog.gifhttp://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d103/angelboi_100/Other%20****/dog.gif

B.O.L.A.
02-16-2009, 07:32 AM
literally LOL'd here at work :D

JIGSAW
02-16-2009, 07:32 AM
^

you fcuking failure ^^

NYY
02-16-2009, 08:44 AM
^

http://pic.phyrefile.com/a/an/anonymous/2009/02/16/3356212orig.jpg (http://img.phyrefile.com/anonymous/2009/02/16/3356212orig.jpg)

You call yourself a Yankee fan?

Blowsox13
02-16-2009, 09:31 AM
naw jigsaw has to post the facepalm from the sox clubhouse that he posted a while back