PDA

View Full Version : The importance of water

reemas
02-15-2009, 12:04 PM
So im on a cut diet with tons of protein and have burnt about 4300 cals this week. Now this week I realized that while doing cardio I wasnt sweating as much however now that it is sunday I just have started to get shivers, chills and leads me to think stomach flu also diarrhea. For today I'm having about 1.5 gallons of water but usually how much water do you guys take during your cutting phase.?

li0n
02-15-2009, 12:05 PM
2 gals.

Dude, water doesn't do anything but help you cut.

Get full on water all the time.

MEDICJOHN
02-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Just be careful not to drink too much water. You can mess your electrolytes up and be in real trouble. No more than a gallon a day. I always see "bodybuilders" carrying huge containers to gym, but, relly, as long as your hydrated, overdrinking isn't going to do that much. Getting cut is all about diet.

tonksie93
02-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Water only help flush out all your toxins and chemicals, doesn't it?

nonchalant
02-15-2009, 12:10 PM
...water doesn't do anything but help you cut.

Elaborate please? Not sure what you mean except staying hydrated?

li0n
02-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Elaborate please? Not sure what you mean except staying hydrated?

Whilst on a bulk drinking milks and fresh juices is great for you, but on a cut, when you eliminate those free carbs, water is your best option.

Hydration is key no matter what, bulk or cut.

And I kill 20oz of water before meals to feel fuller while cutting.

reemas
02-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Just be careful not to drink too much water. You can mess your electrolytes up and be in real trouble. No more than a gallon a day. I always see "bodybuilders" carrying huge containers to gym, but, relly, as long as your hydrated, overdrinking isn't going to do that much. Getting cut is all about diet.

I too agree that 1 gallon is sufficient. However, due to my being sick and getting shivers, diarrhea, sore throat I had to increase my water intake for today. Also the other days I wasnt drinking that much water...What a mobydick I was

li0n
02-15-2009, 12:13 PM

This definitely depends on what supplements you are taking.

Taking a creatine supplement requires more water per day.

Taking a glycerol supplement requires more water per day.

nonchalant
02-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Whilst on a bulk drinking milks and fresh juices is great for you, but on a cut, when you eliminate those free carbs, water is your best option.

Hydration is key no matter what, bulk or cut.

And I kill 20oz of water before meals to feel fuller while cutting.

Ok, thought that's what you meant :) Agreed on all counts!