PDA

View Full Version : Starting cut after months off, now sick?

Hydey
02-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Hi guys, just wondering if it's possible that this is not a coinsidence, or whether you think it is?

I have recently moved from England to America of May last year. I was in ok shape, i worked out now and then, never really had a strict routine due to a gym not being close to me, but i have and had a lot of knowledge on bodybuilding, and i am still learning.

From May 2008 i haven't hit a gym, and living in America made me gain about 20 lbs, i ate all of the fast and fatty foods you can think of. I decided to cut a few days ago, and started out well, eating everything i should at pretty much the right times: Egg whites, plain oatmeal, chicken breasts, wholegrain rice, whey protein after workout, cottage cheese before bed for slow-releasing... etc

I craved fast foods, but i ignored my body. I started to get sick and feel my glans swell up, i devloped a minor soar throat... so i gave in to the wholegrain pizza with chicken from Pizza Hut. I felt better, continued with my cut... i've worked out 3 times... 2 low-intensity cardio on the treadmill, and one day of weights. (chest, shoulders, triceps_ My body feels like hell although i lifted correctly and not too heavy. And i have a fever, soar throat, nausea, headache... i am sick and taking medication.

Could this be because of the drastic change in my diet.. meaning i need to slowly wean off of the fatty/sugary foods my body is used to receiving? Or could it be a big coincidence and once I'm over my sickness i can go back to clean-cutting cold turkey?

Thanks all in advance and sorry for the long post,

Richard

AbuMaryam
02-14-2009, 02:54 PM
No you should be feeling better, since youre eating better sources of food instead of processed crap, you know you can still eat crap if you want to just have to eat less of it

Hydey
02-14-2009, 06:53 PM
So it's a coincidence that i'm really sick? Best to lay off the gym until i'm better i presume?

Hydey
02-15-2009, 11:51 AM
*bump*

reemas
02-15-2009, 12:08 PM
*bump*

water its all in that. drink tons about 4 liters or even more if ur eating tons of protein & doing lots of cardio. urs are symptoms of stomach flu diarrhea, sore throat, etc. just keep water high

Hydey
02-15-2009, 02:26 PM
water its all in that. drink tons about 4 liters or even more if ur eating tons of protein & doing lots of cardio. urs are symptoms of stomach flu diarrhea, sore throat, etc. just keep water high

What does this mean? You lost me with your grammar, lol.

Disenfranchised
02-15-2009, 02:32 PM
It seems like you have self esteem issues. You need a psychiatrist to sort out your issues more than a bunch of kids on a forum. It's a psychological issue. There are a few possibilities as to why you're exhibiting this type of odd behavior. There needs to be a further evaluation.

Hydey
02-15-2009, 02:35 PM
It seems like you have self esteem issues. You need a psychiatrist to sort out your issues more than a bunch of kids on a forum. It's a psychological issue. There are a few possibilities as to why you're exhibiting this type of odd behavior. There needs to be a further evaluation.

I need a psychologist because i am physically sick? I'm saying it could be a coincidence? This has nothing to do with my self-esteem. lol

Phenom719
02-15-2009, 03:11 PM

Sounds legit Shrek

Hydey
02-15-2009, 03:28 PM
??????????????

Hydey
02-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Gee well thanks for nothing BB guys

Type_X
02-15-2009, 10:00 PM
lol, dude you are in NJ during February, you might just be getting a cold. i'm a little sick now too. take some daytime/nighttime medicine, some vitamin C and get some sleep.

were you serious with this thread? :confused:

Hydey
02-16-2009, 07:34 AM
lol, dude you are in NJ during February, you might just be getting a cold. i'm a little sick now too. take some daytime/nighttime medicine, some vitamin C and get some sleep.

were you serious with this thread? :confused:

Ha, well when i started it i was, but not now. My question is when i'm sick should i be training or not?

s.o.u.p
02-16-2009, 08:04 AM
it's probably just a coincidence.

However, I also think you should bulk before you cut, it's easier, and more fun.

After a long time off, getting your metabolism up will increase immune function and your entire body will just run properly.

Also, to cut, you don't need to eat so little to get decent results.

Hydey
02-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Coincidence. I've just been diagnosed with mono by the doctor. No gym for 6-8 weeks :(

Hydey
02-16-2009, 06:39 PM
Rules out that psychiatrist deal though heh.