PDA

View Full Version : No more Human Error in Sports Officiating

Negatron617
02-12-2009, 10:50 AM
If and when possible I would not be opposed to somehow replacing all human referees across all sports with computers, sensors and scanners that will essentially call it like they see em. They wont get any calls wrong. They will make the call everytime an offense has been made and can measure the amount of contact and only after passing the limit of contact allowed a foul will be called. There would be no favoritism. There would be no bull**** calls nor non calls. No more rookies getting shafted and stars getting their dicks suckled. No more controversial calls. Every call will be correct, fair, and consistant.

I dont care for having human error being part of the game. Fuk that. The team that plays best should win. Bad officiating shouldnt have to be part of the game.

And i know we are far away from being able to do what i imagine without actually having to actually strap players with equipment, etc.

Greg1983
02-12-2009, 10:55 AM
I figured you would have made this thread after the Cs lose tonight. But I applaud you for getting a head start on things.

KingCanuck
02-12-2009, 10:56 AM
I figured you would have made this thread after the Cs lose tonight. But I applaud you for getting a head start on things.

O snap

SweetTouch
02-12-2009, 10:56 AM
There's no reason for MLB, NFL, or NBA to do this.

1. Programs like QWESTEC (the baseball ball/strike thing) cost a ****load of money to implement.

2. These leagues want to keep a little bit of control over certain games/series when they need to. If a computer was reffing the 2002 Western Conference Finals, the Kings would have gone to the NBA Finals and the Cardinals would have beaten the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

Negatron617
02-12-2009, 11:03 AM

great post. thanks for contributing.

1. Programs like QWESTEC (the baseball ball/strike thing) cost a ****load of money to implement.

2. These leagues want to keep a little bit of control over certain games/series when they need to. If a computer was reffing the 2002 Western Conference Finals, the Kings would have gone to the NBA Finals and the Cardinals would have beaten the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

the question is....if it were possible to take out the human error element would you want it taken it or do you think it should always be part of the game?

SweetTouch
02-12-2009, 11:09 AM
the question is....if it were possible to take out the human error element would you want it taken it or do you think it should always be part of the game?

If possible, it should be done, but the NFL, NBA, and MLB have nothing to gain from doing so.

kethnaab
02-12-2009, 11:10 AM

2. These leagues want to keep a little bit of control over certain games/series when they need to. If a computer was reffing the 2002 Western Conference Finals, the Kings would have gone to the NBA Finals and the Patriots would not have played the Rams in the Super Bowl.

fixed.

SweetTouch
02-12-2009, 11:13 AM
fixed.

Yawn.

kethnaab
02-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Yawn.

Yawn.

batman15
02-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Imagine the BCS fiasco, daily. You're an idiot for even making a thread like this.

Johnny Rotten
02-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Imagine the BCS fiasco, daily. You're an idiot for even making a thread like this.

This. I'd rather have human error where people are held responsible rather than a network of computers creating a cluster**** of controversy.

MA5Bergey
02-12-2009, 11:42 AM
The sports lover part of me would love to say to keep officials forever. Baseball without umpires would just be........... weird, empty in a way. That being said, something has to be done to minimize the error that umps/refs/officials make. It's ridiculous that an umpire can call a ball 5 inches off the plate a strike, and to argue it means being thrown out of the game. It's ridiculous that an ref will call pass interference on one play that had a little bit of incidental contact, but a couple plays later when the receiver is grabbed by the back of his jersey and physically restrained from getting the ball, no flag is thrown. Stuff like that just gets annoying and at the very least there should be someone overhead overseeing what the officials are doing.