PDA

View Full Version : How Spread Out Should Your Meals Be?

EddieG200
02-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Is there a secret number of meals or is it just a myth?

Is it 3? Is it 6? ...8? or maybe 1 meal?

WITH CALORIES BEING CONSISTENT, how do you divide your meals and what has worked best for you??

Theenforcer1
02-11-2009, 06:46 PM
its a myth. I eat when hungry---usually 2-3 large meals. Works best with my schedule.

thebasil
02-11-2009, 06:57 PM
recent research by layne norton has suggested that spreading protein intake by 3.5-5 (or 4-6) hours is better than having smaller doses of protein more frequently

but MEALS in general don't matter. no "fueling the furnace" bull****

daYDreAmErX
02-11-2009, 06:59 PM
It's a myth. Eat when you're hungry or when it's convenient.

EddieG200
02-11-2009, 07:05 PM
recent research by layne norton has suggested that spreading protein intake by 3.5-5 (or 4-6) hours is better than having smaller doses of protein more frequently

how much protein do you eat every 4 to 6 hours?

thebasil
02-11-2009, 07:18 PM
how much protein do you eat every 4 to 6 hours?

depends on what my protein macros are at (range from 170-190). subtract that by 17 (bcaas during training) and divide by 5. about that number

-Aaron-
02-11-2009, 07:26 PM
its a myth. I eat when hungry---usually 2-3 large meals. Works best with my schedule.

It's a myth. Eat when you're hungry or when it's convenient.

Who's been saying this from day one? I'll give you a hint, that person posted in this thread. :cool:

daYDreAmErX
02-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Who's been saying this from day one? I'll give you a hint, that person posted in this thread. :cool:

So ? Want a prize or something ?

hooked4life
02-11-2009, 07:28 PM
who has a teentie weenie ego that constantly seeks validation on an online forum?

u sad?

-Aaron-
02-11-2009, 07:31 PM
So ? Want a prize or something ?

Not really, why do you want to give some? :cool:

who has a teentie weenie ego that constantly seeks validation on an online forum?

u sad?

Not really sad, but I'm kind of laughing at the fact you can't rhyme correctly. :cool:

-Aaron-
02-11-2009, 07:34 PM

u sad?

Oh, I almost forgot. Before you start using my one liner, remember that I don't really care if you don't like me or don't; or anyone on this forum in retrospect. So, for me trying to seek "validation" is a fallacy because I don't really care about what you or anyone, particularity in this section feel about me. :cool:

hooked4life
02-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Oh, I almost forgot. Before you start using my one liner, remember that I don't really care if you don't like me, or anyone on this forum in retrospect. So, for me trying to seek "validation" is a fallacy because I don't really care about what you or anyone, particularity in this section feel about me. :cool:

your double posts reflecting on my assertion certainly say otherwise.

and yes, i did drop a random ass 't'. ahh well.

martina92685
02-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Things were quiet for so long...

Oh wait, I just stopped visiting as frequently. HAHA

-Aaron-
02-11-2009, 07:39 PM
your double posts reflecting on my assertion certainly say otherwise.

and yes, i did drop a random ass 't'. ahh well.

Actually, my second post was because I had to actually qualify your assertion which clearly was written to reflect negativity towards me. Something in which I just can't have. :D

EddieG200
02-11-2009, 07:40 PM
play nice guys! :P

thebasil
02-11-2009, 07:42 PM
play nice guys! :P

you have no idea whats going to go down

-Aaron-
02-11-2009, 07:44 PM

Meh, nothing will go down... Except me after I finish this bottle of Capt. off. :cool:

EddieG200
02-11-2009, 07:46 PM
what's happening

Holyspokes
02-11-2009, 07:48 PM
what's happening

Aaron entertaining himself by annoying people

-Aaron-
02-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Aaron entertaining himself by annoying people

U dun like me? Wait, what about my ego? :rolleyes: :(

EddieG200
02-11-2009, 07:53 PM
U dun like me? Wait, what about my ego? :rolleyes: :(
im new in this forum- by going on his profile it seems like aaron is a dearly loved trouble maker. lol
been banned, have you?

-Aaron-
02-11-2009, 07:57 PM
im new in this forum- by going on his profile it seems like aaron is a dearly loved trouble maker. lol
been banned, have you?

Yeah.

As for your claim to being new, I highly doubt it. Either way, meal frequency is not relevant.

EddieG200
02-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Yeah.

As for your claim to being new, I highly doubt it. Either way, meal frequency is not relevant.
lol. i just started creating all these threads and becoming active.

EddieG200
02-11-2009, 08:04 PM
lol. i just started creating all these threads and becoming active.
my guess was that with greater meal frequency comes a greater chance for your body to synthesize the protein since it can only absorb so much. i thought that it would be pointless and wasteful for me to have around 50 grams of carbs in one sitting but, instead to divide that...

Simmo0508
02-11-2009, 09:08 PM
Is there a secret number of meals or is it just a myth?

Is it 3? Is it 6? ...8? or maybe 1 meal?

WITH CALORIES BEING CONSISTENT, how do you divide your meals and what has worked best for you??

Depends on how big the said meal is imo.

A person eating a really big meal can afford to have a longer stretch in between meals in terms of hours, but someone who's eating a relatively small meal is better off eating more constantly.

As for what i do, i eat about 5-6 food meals, about 3.5-4hrs apart, not including my shake after training. I'm not super strict with that timing, but i try to keep on top of it the best i can otherwise i feel like absolute dog ****, faint, pass out etc. I eat all the time to keep my energy and my strength up. And it's important for my job that i perform well. Not to mention my own training.

It's an individual thing like everything bodybuilding. You will however find more people eat 5-6-7 times a day, more than those whom eat once or a twice a day though.

matrixskillz
02-11-2009, 09:38 PM
you're screwed if you go 3 hours and 1 minute. seriously though, there is no set time of when you should eat. just eat whenever you're hungry. for me, that could be anywhere from 2-5 hours depending on how big each meal is.