PDA

View Full Version : easy gainers?

PTN_old
02-09-2009, 10:10 PM
ok, so it seems like i can put weight on just by breathing, serious.. if i don't watch my calories, the next thing i know i put on 5lbs in a weekend. so i was wondering, when i finally get down to my goal weight and start to clean bulk after a short maintence period, is being an easy gainer going to actually be a good thing? does this mean, i'll be able to pack on the mass? or am i going to just have a harder time trying to gain muscle without blowing up to a fat ass again?

Jay Rawd
02-09-2009, 11:08 PM
You can gain muscle on lower calories than most. This can be either the best thing in the world or the worst depending on how you look at it.

For one, you don't need to buy so much food.

The problem is that if you get hungry easily, you have to exercise some self-control many times.

I'm sort of the same way. I can eat very little by many people's standards here (like 3200 Calories), all while putting in about 20 hours a week in the gym (plyos, weights, cardio) and still gain about a good 1-2 lb. per week.

PTN_old
02-09-2009, 11:36 PM
You can gain muscle on lower calories than most. This can be either the best thing in the world or the worst depending on how you look at it.

For one, you don't need to buy so much food.

The problem is that if you get hungry easily, you have to exercise some self-control many times.

I'm sort of the same way. I can eat very little by many people's standards here (like 3200 Calories), all while putting in about 20 hours a week in the gym (plyos, weights, cardio) and still gain about a good 1-2 lb. per week.

that sounds like me.. how much do you cut on? i'm eating around 2000/2500 cals a day and if i go over that, i start to see the weight going up. a lot of things have changed recently, like diet and routine.. so im going to stick it out but i'm worried and i need to work on the self control. cheat meals have been doing me more harm than good lately.

Appetite
02-10-2009, 01:13 AM
Read, re read, commit to memory.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beast41.htm

PTN_old
02-10-2009, 01:22 AM
Read, re read, commit to memory.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beast41.htm

thanks, rep'd