PDA

View Full Version : Republican Libertarian Constitution Parties?

SKBS
02-07-2009, 07:57 AM
Imagine you are the endangered political species called Conservative. You believe that the U.S. Constitution is not a document open for interpretation and we really don't need more amendments, in small government (both State and Federal), fiscal responsibility, and that Human Beings will get out of life what they put into it. Is it better to go into one of the Big Political parties with these ideas and try to change the party or to join a smaller party with similar ideas (Libertarian, Constitution, etc.) and try to grow the party? Why?

stracin
02-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Gonna have to go with Constitutional and Libertarian. Although, if you truly believe in liberty, the constitution is just to keep your skills polished.

JUSA
02-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Constitution. LOL at the GOP being on the list... haha...

Organichu
02-07-2009, 09:28 AM
Why in the world would you believe that "we're totally done, no need for any more amendments"? That sort of attitude is exactly what gives rise to the Democratic party treating the Constitution like a piece of toilet paper. The Constitution possesses a mechanism for change. Considering "holding true to the Constitution" to be synonymous with "denying Constitutional amendments (which are, I should add, entirely Constitutional) only grants credence to the two party concept that the only way to progress America is to abandon the Constitution.

Stizzel
02-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Unfortunatly the constitutional party is more about debating in extreme specifics the abstract ways verbage in the constitution can be interpreted than in reforming our government to actual constitutionalism, so I went with the libertarian party.

Constitutionalists care about the constitution as a legal document, libertarianism is the philosophy behind the creation of the constitution.

Kiefer 2004
02-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Where do you stand on social issues?

The Constitutional Party is socially conservative, fiscally conservative.
The Libertarian Party is socially liberal, fiscally conservative.

I personally can't stand the Constitutional Party because it has strong christian values.

maynardjames
02-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Why in the world would you believe that "we're totally done, no need for any more amendments"? That sort of attitude is exactly what gives rise to the Democratic party treating the Constitution like a piece of toilet paper. The Constitution possesses a mechanism for change. Considering "holding true to the Constitution" to be synonymous with "denying Constitutional amendments (which are, I should add, entirely Constitutional) only grants credence to the two party concept that the only way to progress America is to abandon the Constitution.

You're an Intellectual Baller. Every post of yours is incisive, hitoricized and just shows the nature of not thinking like the Herd. Massive reps (Lol, they are small).

Organichu
02-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Yeah my dick tastes good don't it. :D

maynardjames
02-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Where do you stand on social issues?

The Constitutional Party is socially conservative, fiscally conservative.
The Libertarian Party is socially liberal, fiscally conservative.

I personally can't stand the Constitutional Party because it has strong christian values.

Lol, the constitutional Party is the end of America, the land of the free.

maynardjames
02-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Yeah my dick tastes good don't it. :D

hahaahha, strong repulsion to nut-huggery.

Skettch
02-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Constitutional party, I don't like their obsession with Christianity but I share allot of the values they have.

Ben76
02-07-2009, 10:52 AM
honestly you'd have to vote GOP according to the question, its a hell of a lot easier to change one major party than build up a party that consistently gets .5% of the vote at best.

ZronbodyZ
02-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Constition ! http://www.imagehunt.info/voidale/images.jpeg

Morbid_Mind
02-07-2009, 03:26 PM
If the Libertarian Party nominates people like Bob Barr, it isn't them and it's most certainly not the Constitution Party if they have people like Chuck Baldwin on the ticket.

Those two are just as bad as anyone the DNC or GOP can throw at you.

Kiefer 2004
02-07-2009, 04:37 PM
If the Libertarian Party nominates people like Bob Barr, it isn't them and it's most certainly not the Constitution Party if they have people like Chuck Baldwin on the ticket.

Those two are just as bad as anyone the DNC or GOP can throw at you.

I agree. Bob Barr wasn't the most Libertarian-like person for his voting record, but Bob Barr has been in the business for a long time so he got some decent TV time and votes. I think it was a good step for the LP to be taken seriously. Badnarik had nothing to attract the media or voters.

Personally, I think Barr should run for Georgia Senate in 2010. I hope the LP spends there money and time on state, House and Senate seats rather than all of it on presidential candidates. If they can get some one or two state governors and a few house representatives and senators, then they will be taken as a more serious third party.

JCham
02-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Honestly I don't have enough faith in people to be Libertatian. What about a Reagan-ish type Republican? Not a Bush-Republican like what the GOP is right now. Does that count?

stracin
02-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Honestly I don't have enough faith in people to be Libertatian. What about a Reagan-ish type Republican? Not a Bush-Republican like what the GOP is right now. Does that count?

Reagan wasn't even a "Reagan Republican" in the context that it's used today.