PDA

View Full Version : Was Germany victim of propaganda?

ak_m_f
02-05-2009, 09:48 AM
During the First World War, the Germans were actually accused of eating Belgian babies, as well as delighting to throw them in the air and transfix them on bayonets.

The British also alleged that the German forces were operating a "Corpse Factory," in which they boiled down the bodies of their own dead in order to obtain glycerine and other commodities, a calculated insult to the honour of an Imperial army.

After the war, however, came the retractions; indeed, a public statement was made by the Foreign Secretary in the House of Commons apologizing for the insults to German honour, which were admitted to be war-time propaganda.

What if holocaust has been over exaggerated ?

Nainoa
02-05-2009, 10:04 AM
During the First World War, the Germans were actually accused of eating Belgian babies, as well as delighting to throw them in the air and transfix them on bayonets.

The British also alleged that the German forces were operating a "Corpse Factory," in which they boiled down the bodies of their own dead in order to obtain glycerine and other commodities, a calculated insult to the honour of an Imperial army.

After the war, however, came the retractions; indeed, a public statement was made by the Foreign Secretary in the House of Commons apologizing for the insults to German honour, which were admitted to be war-time propaganda.

During the Liberation of Europe Dwight D Eisenhower made sure to film and document the attocities that the Allied forces came across... Because as he said... "So that history would never be so stupid as to doubt this actually happened."

Congratulations... 53 years later and Dwight D Eisenhower is calling you Stupid.

George Carlinian
02-05-2009, 06:46 PM
During the Liberation of Europe Dwight D Eisenhower made sure to film and document the attocities that the Allied forces came across... Because as he said... "So that history would never be so stupid as to doubt this actually happened."

Congratulations... 53 years later and Dwight D Eisenhower is calling you Stupid.
that is true, and he even forced every german resident/citizen to march to the nearest camp or be transported and see with their own eyes...at least once each (many saw it twice).

That doesn't change the original posters question. I've read many articles from pre-war and the answer to teh question...YES.

remember, nainoa, we didn't know about the treatment of jews until the war ended.

Nainoa
02-05-2009, 07:04 PM
that is true, and he even forced every german resident/citizen to march to the nearest camp or be transported and see with their own eyes...at least once each (many saw it twice).

That doesn't change the original posters question. I've read many articles from pre-war and the answer to teh question...YES.

remember, nainoa, we didn't know about the treatment of jews until the war ended.

Well we knew the Jews were being kept in Camps and that the Camps (The show Camps early on) barely met the Red Cross Standards.

Now if you're looking at Pre-War Propaganda about some of the other things that Germany was doing...

The **** was flying around all over the place... That was kind of the status quo of that Era...

But to use that to somehow downgrade the attrocity of the holocaust, is a pretty big reach.

George Carlinian
02-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Oops...I somehow didn't notice the original posters originals question...I probably wouldn't have replied here if I had.

It's a horrible thing for a genocide to be minimized. After reading so much from turks lately, I decided to put that link in my sig.

f-ck canada.

rippednready1
02-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Oops...I somehow didn't notice the original posters originals question...I probably wouldn't have replied here if I had.

It's a horrible thing for a genocide to be minimized. After reading so much from turks lately, I decided to put that link in my sig.

f-ck canada.

how bout you put this link in your sig

http://www.armeniangenocidedebate.com/

oh yeh

obsessed much?

George Carlinian
02-05-2009, 08:20 PM
how bout you put this link in your sig

http://www.armeniangenocidedebate.com/

oh yeh

obsessed much?you still stalking me?

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10063/gtfo~4.jpg

EDC
02-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Problem is the holocaust wasn't used as propoganda during the war. There is evidence that the allied leaders knew something was happening but they never released any information to the public until near the end of the war when concentration camps were being liberated.

Shagrath
02-06-2009, 12:18 AM

he isn't referring the the holocaust in WW II, he is referring to the fabrications which the British press made about German actions in Belgium in WW I which were wholly unfounded and merely used to forge resentment against Germany?

Nainoa
02-06-2009, 06:34 AM
he isn't referring the the holocaust in WW II, he is referring to the fabrications which the British press made about German actions in Belgium in WW I which were wholly unfounded and merely used to forge resentment against Germany?

Well... For one... You should re read the first post again... Try looking at the last goddam sentence.

For 2...

Yes there was a lot of propaganda flying around in those days... It was a part of that Era, where people somewhat sheepishly accepted a lot of what they were told as truth.

To this day it exists though... We villify Saddam Hussein... The people of Iran Demonize the People of the United States.

Okay... It's old news kind of... Been going on since the crusades in the 13th century.

It was an understanding that this stuff happens, and then gets washed away by history that drove Eisenhower to the measures he did to make sure it was never forgotten.

I've known Jews who were in the concentration camps... Trust me... It's not something they friggin' made up, and just kept up the ruse for a couple of decades since, because they were drama queens.

GregariousWolf
02-06-2009, 07:00 AM
Wow, a holocaust denial thread, and bulldog shows up to bump it. What a surprise.

ak_m_f
02-06-2009, 12:38 PM
f-ck canada.

look son, I never reply when someone insults me, I dont really care its internet.

But when you insult my country, you piss me off.

If you got ballz, PM me your address, so I can personally drive down and beat your face with hockey stick.

ak_m_f
02-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Wow, a holocaust denial thread, and bulldog shows up to bump it. What a surprise.

Look, I am not denying it. I am just questioning 6 million figure.

Nainoa
02-06-2009, 12:48 PM
look son, I never reply when someone insults me, I dont really care its internet.

If you got ballz, PM me your address, so I can personally drive down and beat your face with hockey stick.

Hey look man...

Bulldog is a buddy of mine... I can vouch for him...

But you're spot on... He was wrong to call out Canada... And I honestly think you should beat his ass... (Sorry Bulldog.) :(

When I send him free supplement samples, I send them to:

Ralph T. Penderghast
2458 Husky Street
Barrow Alaska 99723

Sorry Bulldog... I hope we can still be friends after you get out of the ICU.
:)

George Carlinian
02-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Ok, I thought Canadians would get a chuckle out of the f- canada comment...who'd think you'd be nationalists up there?

I'll just leave it at that, being my first reply since my second ban in two weeks :D

Beatitude
02-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Propaganda isn't that difficult to uncover once a war is over. There was yellow journalism propaganda during the Spanish-Cuban-American War, which was a little baby war, and any person that looked into it deeply could clearly see that.

Eisenhower marched German civilians to the death camps to stare at the enormous piles of bodies precisely because he knew this would happen.

Who cares (much) about the exact number? Would it really make any difference if 5 million died as opposed to 6 million? Or 7 million? It's good for historical accuracy, but somehow I doubt those are people's intentions considering the narrative has already been documented to nauseating levels.

George Carlinian
02-13-2009, 10:02 PM
ANKARA (Combined Sources)--The ongoing investigation of the secret ultra-nationalist Ergenekon group in Turkey has uncovered websites the group organized for nationalist propaganda and genocide denial. These findings come in addition to those revealing the Ergenekon coup plots and planned assassinations.

Todays Zaman, a Turkish Daily newspaper revealed on February 5 that the clandestine terrorist organization, charged with attempting to overthrow the government, is also responsible for operating a series of web sites offering nationalist content and pseudo-scientific research denying the Armenian Genocide.

These web sites are updated frequently in both Turkish and English, feature extremely nationalist propaganda against Greeks, Kurds and Armenians, as well as Turkey's own Muslim segments, Zaman said. The sites have been online for some time and are characterized by Zaman as having "professional-looking content and design." But these sites, rich with information, videos, photographs and documents offer no contact information.

The investigation has revealed that a hub of retired and on-duty military personnel are behind a network of dozens of ultra-nationalist websites. The Ergenekon investigation recently revealed that 35 Internet domains with similar content and design were registered with the same company.

The sites seem to have been trying to foment public opinion in line with the goals of the Ergenekon organization. The sites include www.abdullahocalanakademisi.info, www.apopkk.com, armenianreality.com, www.cameria.org, www.gencizbiz.net, genclik.info, gnkur.net, greekmurderers.net, www.irtica.net, www.irtica.org, www.naksilik.com, www.nursi.info, www.pkkapo.com, www.pkkgercegi.com, www.terorveguvenlik.net, www.turkatak.com and www.turkeyturks.com.

Despite the discovery, many of the websites are still active and frequently updated. In addition to denying the Armenian Genocide, the websites commonly refers to Armenians as "terrorists," just like in the case of anti-Greek and anti-Kurdish websites operated by Ergenekon.

What is most interesting, though, is the fate of other nationalist Turkish websites which have heavily relied on Ergenekon's internet content for their substance. One such website is Murad "Holdwater" Gumen's http://www.tallarmeniantale.com.

Last Summer, the Southern Poverty Law Center, a U.S.-based Civil Rights organization, exposed both tallarmeniantale.com and armenianreality.com in addition to two other sites operated by Ergeneken members.

stealth_swimmer
02-13-2009, 10:24 PM

rofl

Mr Beer
02-13-2009, 11:16 PM

Ha ha, what a pathetic cry baby.

Your country is a worthless craphole. That annoys you and what's even funnier than that is that you can't do anything about it.

FormVoltron88
02-13-2009, 11:29 PM

well the Jews were also accused of eating Christain children, i.e. in the "Kishinev massacre" in 1903, around the same time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kishinev_pogrom

I guess there could maybe some slight chance it was alittle exaggerated, only because discussion about there being any exaggeration is so restricted and persecuted. It kind of makes you curious. Regardless the Jews suffered big time throughout European history and I do not think the Holocaust was fabricated based on some anti-German ideal. As you said it was just war-time propaganda that was confessed, and not propaganda for a future world war and to establish a at that time-religious miniority's future hegemony over the world.

When you break it down its an incrediable conspriacy theory, and if its true the people who designed it are some real smart mofos.

Skettch
02-13-2009, 11:51 PM
Ha ha, what a pathetic cry baby.

Your country is a worthless craphole. That annoys you and what's even funnier than that is that you can't do anything about it.

Germany? No, the Germans have always made good stuff, now instead of pushing out the best tanks in the world(panzers), they make shamwow.

Anyway - I highly doubt the Germans made lampshades and soap from Jews. Do I think a holocaust happened? Yes. Was it 6 million? Probably not.

Was it intended? unlikely, they probably were going to be deported but as things degenerated in Germany chaos took over.

Does this excuse Germany for what it did do? No,

To be frank, allot of nasty things were done on all sides(America remained pretty clean though).

I also dislike how "holocaust denial" is a crime, questioning history shouldn't land you in jail.

Cell-Tech Daddy
02-13-2009, 11:55 PM
http://www.akkamsrazor.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/madbrute.jpg

asiya-sparkles
02-14-2009, 01:13 AM

I remember hearing these things as a child, so the propaganda seems to have a far more lasting impression than the one-off apology! Stories from war-time heroes, old ladies & even my own mother. That is actually very sad...must show mother!