PDA

View Full Version : Need assistance figuring this out.

braddavis2004
02-04-2009, 03:42 PM
I've been so wrapped up in fat loss that I realized i know little about eating to get big lol.

5'11", 22 year old Male.

30 minutes of cardio 7 days a week. 145-155 heart rate over 30 minutes.
Weights 4 days a week. 5x5 layout.

What should my Daily Caloric Intake be? Over 6 meals, what should my Macronutrient Ratio be? I've been on 55% Carbs 30% protien and 15% fat for a year, meals generally look like this.

Meal 1 - 1/2 cup (dry) Cream of Wheat mixed with 2 1/4 cup water + Nitrotech Shake. 440 Calories, 60g Complex Carbohydrates, 40g Protien, 0g Fat.

Meal 2 - 1 1/2 cup (cooked) brown rice, 1 can tuna, 6 Almonds. Similar carbs to protiens, adding EFAs this time.

Meals 3 4 and 5 look almost identical, except ill throw carrots or broccoli in there for fibrous carbohydrates.

Last meal of the day is usually Peanut butter (all natural) and cottage cheese. Maybe some carrots too if im really hungry.

That was geared towards 2800 calories a day, based on 60 minutes of cardio 7 days a week and 2 days of weights. I want to change to 30 minutes of cardio 7 days a week and 4-5 days of weights. I need some insight on what to change in my diet, how much i should be eating. I'm totally paranoid about gaining body fat while bulking up, so im kind of being a chicken sh*t about eating as many calories as I probobly need. I have endless amounts of Steel cut oats, cream of wheat, tuna, brown rice and cottage cheese lol.

Thanks in advance for the help, greatly appreciated.

- Brad

ffdrebin
02-04-2009, 03:44 PM
how much do you wieght?

i was kinda confused in your post...what are your goals exactly?