bdurr
02-03-2009, 12:09 PM
seeing how cheese is so cheap i wanted to add this for 3 of my meals

1 Slice Fat Free Cheese/ 60cal/ 0g fat/ 5g protein
1 Slice American Cheese 70 cal/ 4.5g fat/ 3g saturated fat/ 4g protein

the above would be combined with

1 Chicken Breast/ 100 cal/ 1.5g of fat/ 27g protein
1/2 cup of oatmeal/ 150 cal/ 3g of fat/ 5g protein

is consuming that 3 times a day too much cheese?
and is it too much saturated fat?

my other fat throughout the day comes from turkey meat fat and eggs.

fyre500
02-03-2009, 12:33 PM
If you like eating it and it works into your macros, then roll with it.

I do recommend trying to add more "healthy" fats into your diet though. Try some peanut butter, almonds, olive oil, fish, or beans.

bdurr
02-03-2009, 12:58 PM
if those are the healthy fats then is cheese an unhealthy fat?

what would be the difference between eating this amount of fat in cheese and the same amount of fat in peanut butter?

it's not that I enjoy it, it's that it is already portioned I love PB and always overdo it.

fyre500
02-03-2009, 01:09 PM
There's nothing wrong with saturated fats in moderation. I put the term "healthy" in quotes because saturated fats should not be shunned like they are in today's society, but they are considered to be bad. Plenty of studies have showed that saturated fats are necessary for the body, especially in men because they help with testosterone production.

There are some "healthy" fats in the cheese, eggs, and oatmeal but not a lot.

Your body reacts to mono- and polyunsaturated fats differently and they promote an overall healthy body. You could simply add some almonds to one of your meals or replace something in one of your meals with some PB or make some tuna salad with real mayo. Mayo is a fantastic source of polyunsaturated fats.

bdurr
02-03-2009, 01:19 PM
how much saturated fat is a good, safe amount?

svtballa
02-03-2009, 01:46 PM
no lie bro...i consume 1/4 lb of white american landolakes a day...i love the stuff...eat up

fyre500
02-03-2009, 02:20 PM
no lie bro...i consume 1/4 lb of white american landolakes a day...i love the stuff...eat up

Agreed. There's nothing wrong with it as long as it fits into your macro schedule. You pick up small traces of mono and poly fats in other things you eat but you will be healthier overall with more.

I could eat my own words though. I don't consume enough good fats.

CharliC
02-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Agreed with above posts, there's nothing wrong with saturated fats- they're an important part of a healthy diet and cheese is a perfectly acceptable means of getting them. Just aim for a 1:1 ratio of saturated:mono/polyunsaturated with total fats being at around 0.5g/lb bodyweight.

bdurr
02-03-2009, 03:17 PM
thankx to all of u.

help much appreciated