PDA

View Full Version : Last Year's SB: O vs D This Year's SB: O vs D

Negatron617
01-30-2009, 03:16 PM
If you think the Steelers D is as good as, better, or really close to the Giants defense that stopped the Pats last year then the Steelers will win this game.
If you think the Steelers D is not as good and not too close to last years Giants D then the Cardinals will win the SB.

I think the Steelers D isnt as good as the Giants defense last year during the second half but i think its close enough that they win the the Superbowl

Discuss

Greg1983
01-30-2009, 03:17 PM
08 Steelers D > 07 Giants D.

Negatron617
01-30-2009, 03:20 PM
08 Steelers D > 07 Giants D.

do you think this years Steelers D would have held last years Pats to 14 in the superbowl?

Greg1983
01-30-2009, 03:22 PM
do you think this years Steelers D would have held last years Pats to 14 in the superbowl?

With Brady hobbling around on a bum leg and the Pats line deciding to play like a bunch of retards, definitely.

Negatron617
01-30-2009, 03:25 PM
With Brady hobbling around on a bum leg and the Pats line deciding to play like a bunch of retards, definitely.

idk about that.....the Pats tend to do well against the Steelers D which is almost always very good. also the giants D generated the bulk of its pass rush with its defensive line with guys like osi, tuck, and strahan....the steelers D line is not on that level......but coo

Greg1983
01-30-2009, 03:33 PM
idk about that.....the Pats tend to do well against the Steelers D which is almost always very good. also the giants D generated the bulk of its pass rush with its defensive line with guys like osi, tuck, and strahan....the steelers D line is not on that level......but coo

The Steelers run a 3-4 so comparing their lines is like comparing apples and hand grenades. Pass rushing is much less the objective of their linemen. This year's Steelers did exactly what the Giants did in the Super Bowl: make the Pats line look old. It wouldn't have mattered if it was Cassel, Brady, Montana, or SupaDJDiesel back there.

The Pats may have a decent track record against the Steelers in the past, but this Steelers defense isn't just the good Steelers defense we're used to seeing. It's the best defense I've seen in my lifetime.

In before they choke Sunday and make me look like an idiot.

Negatron617
01-30-2009, 06:48 PM
This year's Steelers did exactly what the Giants did in the Super Bowl: make the Pats line look old. It wouldn't have mattered if it was Cassel, Brady, Montana, or SupaDJDiesel back there.

disagree with this....the reason kurt warner has a shot at winning this sunday and the reason why he beat the eagles is because he can recognize and play against the blitz and overall make very quick decisions.....it did matter that Brady wasnt playing but cassel was. (each qb has different skills and skill levels)
you think this years steelers may be the best that we have seen well they havent been as good in the playoffs altho still very good and the superbowl will determine how legendary their defense will go down as. i got em winning but we'll see about your prediction;)

BeanieWells
01-30-2009, 07:01 PM
contrary to popular belief the best defense does not always win against the best offense. Cardinals will win simply because they have way more weapons on offense and the Steelers will have to take alot of gambles with their blitzes.

KingCanuck
01-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Steelers D > GIants D

Pats O > Cards O

Negatron617
01-30-2009, 07:12 PM
contrary to popular belief the best defense does not always win against the best offense. Cardinals will win simply because they have way more weapons on offense and the Steelers will have to take alot of gambles with their blitzes.

we are trying to find out if the best offense will beat the best defense. so the steelers can lose and still be considered the best defense but the cards offense can be said to be better than the steelers defense. at least in this case and probably most cases.

Greg1983
01-30-2009, 07:14 PM
we are trying to find out if the best offense will beat the best defense. so the steelers can lose and still be considered the best defense but the cards offense will can be said to be better than the steelers defense. at least in this case and probrably most cases.

WTF?

Negatron617
01-30-2009, 07:16 PM
WTF?

we are trying to find out if the cards are better at scoring than the steelers are better at stopping teams from scoring. the sb will determine that.